Season 2, Week 6 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 11, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

New Rules:
    -We are changing sliders to more difficult settings (read note below)
    -We are officially BANNING all ALL VERTS plays with 4 and 5WR sets. This means that 3WR/1TE All VERTS (not split TE) is allowed but use discretion. If this is how you win, you are a loser.
    -That's it! We are not limiting go route TDs, but this is because to do that would be to in some way say that we encourage these. Just stop. Use them every once in awhile when you would. But if your receivers all avg 30yds /catch for the year and 2TDs a game come from go route wide open streaking guys, you are an idiot.

IMPORTANT NOTE: We have not changed sliders yet (due to my PS3 snafoo). I will try and do it later today. If you are a loser, go grab another win with the easy sliders. If you are a winner, then wait until I post that sliders have been changed before you play your game. Although, I'm not sure sliders "take" until we advance.

Next Advance:
    -Monday, 4pmEST or
    -When 10/10 are ready

Last Week:
    -mixed bag, but we know this: mullen and pro are not good
    -why aren't you cheaters' game box scores showing up? working the system. i get it.

This Week:
    -Big Games: Mid Tenn vs Florida, FIU vs Tulsa
    -User Games: Still none!
    -Bye Weeks: None

Let's go! Stop cheating! Stop whining! Stop sniffing paint!

2. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

The sliders wont take effect until you advance it

• Like Like x 1
  3. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

-why aren't you cheaters' game box scores showing up? working the system. i get it.

When they don't show up go to the home tab and then on the right side under create story click on team stories...I think only certain one show up on our individual pages. For instance my page showed you, Mullen and Luke. When I looked the other way I could see the other guys...

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

• Like Like x 4
  5. vatechhokie01

WTF!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP, lmao

6. vatechhokie01

Blown away. you are the man weave.

7. vatechhokie01

THis is Weaves world and we are just living in it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Is this consensus and we are allowed to play or are we waiting for the final verdict in regards to sliders?

9. vatechhokie01

Slider changes:

-5 threshold

user
    -5 rb ability
    -5 pass coverage
    -5 rush def
    -5 tackl
    -fg power
    -fg accuracy

cpu
    +5 qb accuracy
    +5 pass block
    +5 wr catch
    +5 rb ability
    +5 pass coverage
    -5 fg power
    -5 fg accuracy
    -10 punt power
    -10 punt accuracy

good luck boys.

10. vatechhokie01

go ahead and play! do not believe sliders "take" until advance, but they're changed now anyways.

11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Weave you continue to amaze me! That is awesome! More than awesome! Awesomeness!!

Did I say that is awesome!

12. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Weave where is my defensive TD that had to have made the video:(

13. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

your week highlights do not show up on my page. It says "story does not seem to exist."

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

• Like Like x 2
  15. vatechhokie01

well ill tell you this right now. it might not work for you but I'm 200% sure the sliders were changed for my game.

Summary:
    -i got torched on defense all over the place. didn't feel like i got cheated though.
    -their RB (90ovr) ran all over me. get ready for the broken tackles. but I am UTSA and he is 90ovr. felt fine.
    -i threw 4 picks. ALL my fault but know that the DBs are better. but they were 100% my fault
    -loved the play. you could tell kicking on both sides was different (be careful: fgs are perfect but you must pay attention)
    -they whooped me. southern miss should. had an absolute blast.

In another game which saw UTSA star QB Eric Soza go down on the very first drive and without throwing a pass (SO tired of this BS), backup QB (67ovr) Jason Simmons showed flashes, but ultimately struggled with the interception bug. Without the interceptions, Simmons would have gone 23/32, 254yds and a TD.

(Note: I don't want to toot my own horn but that was so fun and what we are talking about with regard to sim passing stats. Out of completing 23 passes, my WR1 caught 9 balls, 8 different guys had catches, and all but one completion was under 16yds long. My one huge catch was in fact a go route with Jones on an iForm play in which he was blanketed and made a pretty sweet jump ball catch for the long TD. That highlight better make the next highlight vid!)

For Southern Miss, elite RB Kendrick Hardy amassed 174yds on 20 carries with 1TD and 8 broken tackles, while the 2 QBs totaled 18/27, 248yds, and 3TDs.

CUSA is gonna be tough! Hopefully videos uploaded.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  16. vatechhokie01

As for my PS3, after I couldn't even get the thing to turn on and disc in the machine with flashing red lights...

-I went online and got some crazy youtube video that showed me how to use a hairdryer and a fan to get the thing working again temporarily
    -Then went and conscious-free stuck it to the man (Gamestop...ugh) by selling them my machine and getting credit, thus costing me $100 to get a new one.

So painful. I apparently have an addiction. And, again, thank God for my kids having only my PS3 to watch movies on.

P.S. Hope you got the whining out! Sliders are tough! But realistic. Know Weave and my VT UVA dynasty feels pretty perfect. Hope we can climb to the big programs! Ha!

• Like Like x 2
  17. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

San Jose State takes down Miami (ohio) in there first ever MAC game 43-26.

Tough game overall back in forth until the fourth where I was able to put up 21 unanswered to seal the victory.

Ervin was solid running for over 100 but Simpson TD hawked both scores on the ground.

Stewart was again on fire going 15/19 for 250 some yards and four scores

Jones in Grigsby's place lit up the scoreboard with two big catches for TD in route to a 5 for 180ish preformance.

Not to be scored Carr had 5 catches for 70ish yards and two scores of his own.

Defense got beat down most of the game giving up a ton of yards and no matter what was called there QB was on fire did not look at final stats but during the fourth they showed he was 20 of 24 for 280ish yards and 7 for 9 on 3rd down. But two TO's late lost it for Miami.

• Like Like x 1
  18. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

"Agreed , I didn't play the same Navy team you guys blew out"

I promise I thought it was just me...Because I didn't want to start another war of words it may have been mental but the flow, the cpu animations and their responses looked way different. I see your point it makes the game play better different because some CPU players now make more unrealistic moves not cheated but you will still scratch your head and saw wow... but I guess that's just going to be something we have to laugh about with harder sliders.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  19. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU 32 - Navy 21 If the sliders didn't change OMG I'm scared of whats to follow and yes this was another game in the rain.

I changed my #1 WR for this game to J. Campbell. Rico Brown has been hurt in the last 2 games.

Navy capitalized on WKU INT and put together a quick drive. I had no clue where the ball was going and their QB T.Miller scored on a 16 yard QB keeper to go up 7-0. WKU jumped on the scoreboard with a 35 yard FG by J.Roy. Navy answered with another impressive drive and scored on a 1 yard TD run by QB T. Miller to go up 14 - 3. WKU was stuffed at the goaline and had to settle for another J.Roy FG as the first half ended with a score of 14-6. Navy scored on 21 yd FG by S. Picchinni to go up 17-7. WKU answered on the next possession with a 41 yard run by RB K.Simpson to bring the score to 17-13. Coach Morgan decided to go for 2 to give his team a 3 point lead. RB J. Evans ran a sweep to the outside and was met by the Navy LB corp and as he fumbled the ball the LB catches the fumble mid air and returns it for 2 points giving Navy a 19-13 lead

WKU forced Navy to punt, As I stood back to receive the punt my PR moved out of the way after calling for a fair catch and the ball bounced perfectly to the 4yd line and Navy downed it. I ran up the middle for a 2 yard loss and on the next play I ran Power O out of i-form and the linebacker looked like Urlacher, he ran around the TE and caught my RB by the shoulder pads for the safety to give Navy a 21- 14 lead.

The 4th Qtr life changed for WKU....The Hilltoppers defense caused 3 4th Qtr turnovers. WKU scored on a 1 Yard K.Simpson TD run to bring the score 21-21. Navy QB T. Miller fumbled on the next possession giving the Hilltoppers the ball just across mid field. QB J. Mason hit WR B. Brand on a 18 yard TD pass to give the Hilltoppers a 27-21 lead. WKU scored to end of the game to go up 34-21. Don't nail me for this I didn't know what to do...Navy had used their last timeout and I was on the 36 yard line with 15 seconds left I was too far to kick FG and I don't know how to pooch kick, so I was just trying to run the clock out. As I was running and the game that I had had with the fluke 2 pts I gave Navy on the fumble on a 2 pt conversation I was scared to dive in fear I would fumble for the split second that I paused i got scared and just turned up field. I wasn't trying to be a stat hound or run the score up but the field just opened up. What's should I have done because I know what I did may have not been the best thing. With the weirdness of this game I just didn't know what to do?

J.Mason 11 -20 155 1 TD 1 INT NO GO ROUTES THROWN

K. Simpson 20 ATT 143 YDS 3 TD

J. Campbell 5 REC 84 YDS

• Like Like x 2
  20. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

I would have to agree with G morg, Im playing my game against Florida and can not run the ball to save my life. However throwing the ball with some success.

Florida is a completely different compared to the Urban Myers days, its the fourth qt and they have ran the ball about 31 times compared to their 12 passing attempts and everything has basically been out of two tight end sets pretty unusual for them and makes it fairly easy to stop them especially since their starting running back is out and their back up is only a 79 overall

• Like Like x 1
  21. vatechhokie01

lol... i think you guys are in for a world of hurt. If Brett just beat Florida and you all won... me thinks you don't get the slider change until next week. I guess we will see.

But if we are still beating #4 Florida, we didn't do enough :)

22. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Well here we go Heath might just throw another hissy fit lol

MTSU pulls off the unthinkable by beating Florida

This game was really all about the MTSU defense even though they were killed in the running game by Florida as they would rack up 295 rushing yards and their leading rusher back up running back (79 overall) had 232 yards rushing but no tds! The defense would only give up 2 touchdowns and that was the big key to the game. On the other end the Florida gators would basically shut down the MTSU rushing game as they would only get 44 yards on 21 carries but the MTSU would rack up 352 passing yards on 45 attempts.

It was a pretty big yardage game but yards don't win the games, points do and Florida would go for 2 fourth downs in the redzone instead of kicking the field goal and they would come up short on those attempts and get nothing! MTSU would capitalize on those failures and go and get a field goal them selves and granted they were 40 yards or longer but they made them and ended up being the deciding factor.

Final score MTSU 23 Florida 20

So this should be a lesson kick the field goals instead of trying for the first down or the touchdown, because most likely you will fail and cost your self the game.

Note- I only threw 2 fades in this game which i record both of those and one of the which was a hail mary and now that i think about Idk if that was banned or not but if it was im sorry didn't know but it didn't lead to score or anything just the end of the half

QB L. Kilgore 26-45 352 yards 1 td 1INT
    Wr K. Griswould 11 catches 202 yards 1 td

All videos were uploaded at least they said it did and are showing up on the ea website

• Like Like x 1
  23. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

I actually have to agree, it should probably be a little more challenging
    Florida was ranked 14

But honestly Florida didn't have to many good players like their qb was on 85 overall and they had their back up running back and he was only a 79 overall and they only attempted maybe 15 passes at most so the wr didn't get much action and didn't matter, not saying I should be that close or beating them at all but they aren't as dominating as we are used to seeing and stuff

• Like Like x 1
  24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

At this point I swear I don't know what to think... Cupcake teams and crazy weather make gameplay unpredictable. We easily beat the teams that we should get destroyed by, I just don't know what to think. I'm refocused

I'm just going to play and have fun...

These are the only sliders I care about [​IMG], The extra thinking is almost taking the fun out of it.

What every you guys come up with I cool with it.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Luke

Luke Walk On

Bulls rally in the 4th quarter; Win 33-32

The Bulls used 16 unanswered points in the second half to complete the comeback and open up MAC play with a victory. After kicking a chip shot field goal with just over a minute to play the Bulls defense secured the victory on 4th down breaking up Tettleton's pass. Colin Michael was inserted in the 2nd half after Alex Zordich threw his 3rd interceptions. Michael was able to overcome 2 interceptions of his own to help lead the Bulls to victory.

Bulls Leaders:
    Alex Neutz 6 rec 162 yards 2TDs
    Fred Lee 3 rec 66 yards 1TD
    Colin Michael 7/11 130 yards 1 TD
    Robert Williams 20 atts 70 yards

• Like Like x 1