Season 2 - Week 6 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 2 - Week 6 Scores

Week 6 is up.

We will be advancing on Tuesday night around 11pm EST. Going forward if you have a CPU game or a bye, I will not be waiting for people to get those games in and I won't be issuing reminders. We are all adults, CPU games should be easy to fit in somewhere.

User vs User games:
    #2 Pittsburgh at #16 Cincinnati
    #20 Texas vs #1 Oklahoma

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Kansas St- 35
    Okl St- 25

After figureing out how to run the ball, not drop the ball, and stop turning it over the Wildcats offense settled in and looked kinda good. The defense however looked very suspect. Things are gonna have to get better if I still want a chance at the Big 12 north division.

3. Dru50

Notre Dame struggles early, but pulls away in the second half to beat Syracuse 56-17.

Jimmy Clausen played pretty well aside from a wobbly INT on a first quarter pass, going 16-21 for 347 yards and 4 TD. Armando Allen ran the ball for 95 yards on 17 carries with a TD, adding 3 catches for 47 yards. Golden Tate had the best game of the season, catching 7 passes for 158 yards and 3 scores.

The story of the game though came in garbage time, when RS freshman HB Cierre Wood ripped off 141 yards on 6 carries and a TD in less than 4 minutes in the 4th quarter, including carries of 53 yards (see below), 15 yards, 22 yards and 30 yards. He is definitely going to be a weapon next season when Allen graduates.

Player of the Game - Clausen

Highlights
    Clausen finds Malcolm Floyd for a long TD. Floyd defeated double coverage to score.
    [youtube]0UndhfYHnNE[/youtube]

Clausen hits Golden Tate behind the safety.
    [youtube]TfBHj80WUQw[/youtube]

Cierre Woods rumbles for a 53 yard TD.
    [youtube]TYxWUS3O9I4[/youtube]

4. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

#21 Nebraska - 62
    vs
    Iowa State - 16

Helu led the Cornhuskers in the blowout with 137 yards on the ground on only 15 carries and had 5 TDs. The stats for Nebraska aren't overwhelming, mostly due to ISU's horrible kicker. He barely could get the ball to the 25 on kickoffs, giving the Cornhuskers great starting field position all game. The 2nd stringers came in after the 1st drive of the 2nd half. They've picked up a bunch of playing time so far this year, hopefully it will show in the offseason.

Here's a video of Helu running the wildcat. 2 things to watch on this play...
    1) the lead blocker
    2) the ISU FS
    I'm not a big complainer about gameplay, but WTF???

[YOUTUBE]3qOjd9pGiW0[/Youtube]

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Tennessee - 34
    Georgia - 41

Was down 31-0 before I realized I should start playing a bit better. Huge day in the passing game for the Vols as we actually tied the game late in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately, Georgia was able to put it in the endzone one last time with about 15 seconds to play. Stephens threw for over 500 yards and I believe i had 2 WR's and my HB go over a 100 yards each. Another loss for the Vols as we look to turn around our 1-4 start!

6. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Oklahoma - 37
    Texas - 24

Great game here in the Red River Rivalry as Oklahoma wins in a battle. This was a war the 1st half as we just went back and forth. OU opened up with a 11 yd pass to Broyles for a TD then Texas came back for a FG and a TD that resulted from a fumble. OU responded with 2 FG's, but Texas was able to score with 4 seconds left in the half to take a 17-13 lead into half. OU Defense woke up in the 2nd half getting 2 picks and only allowing one more TD with 1 minute left in the game. OU Kicker made FG's from 42, 49, 49 all with 6 mph wind to the "left" and never gave Texas good field position. Great game!

OU
    Bradford 15-20 163yds, 2 TD, 0 INT
    Murray 26-123 yds and 1 TD
    Calhoun 5- 71 yds and 1 TD

Texas
    S. Harris 19-25 245, 2 TD, 2 INT
    Whittaker 18-82 and 1 TD

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#3 LSU- 63
    Vandy- 17

LSU starts off slow but leaves Vandy with a big margin of victory. Up 14-10 with under 2 minutes in the second quarter, QB Jefferson found WR Toliver on a go route for an 81-yard TD. The following LSU possession at the start of the 3rd quarter was returned for a TD and LSU never looked back. QB Jordan Jefferson received Player of the Game honors, passing for 350+ with 4 TDs while adding 2 more on the ground. Next week, LSU travels to Gainesville for a game against Florida.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Auburn. 28
    Miss State. 7

The Tigers get an easy win here. Kodi Burns accounts for all 4 tds and the defense holds the dogs to under 160 yards of offense and forces 1 turnover. Auburn returns home for a showdown with Arkansas next week.

9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Very good game! You can never underestimate the value of a good kicker!! Looking forward to next year!

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

USF drops bombs all over FAU en-route to a 54-0 blowout.

not much to talk about here. was pretty embarrassing for the Owls.

So many carries and so much rushing yardage im just going to write their name and yds/td next to it

Landi-102/1TD
    Daniels-46
    Taylor- 162/2TD
    Samuels- 85/2TD
    Ford-47/1TD
    Murray- 77/1TD

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#2 Pitt 48
    #16 Cin 54

Bearcats Upend Pitt

The Bearcats knocked off the national champions this weekend at home. The game started off with plenty of fireworks as the Bearcats scored 3 times on their first three offensive plays. JR QB Chazz Anderson had a huge day racking up 300+ yards in the first half.

The Panthers put up their own offensive display as they hung with the Bearcats all game matching them score for score. Unfortunately in the end, a couple INTs did the Panthers in.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Pitt
    Cin​
    First Downs
    20​
    15​
    Total Offense
    586​
    591​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    18-80-2​
    26-106-1​
    Comp-Att-TD
    23-38-5​
    16-25-4​
    Passing Yards
    506​
    485​
    3rd Down Conv
    1-3 (33%)​
    4-9 (44%)​
    Turnovers
    3​
    1​
    T.O.P. 11:57 16:05

Players of the Game:
    Game BallQB C. Anderson 271.7 rating, 16/25, 485 yds, 4 TDs, 13 car, 70 yds, TD
    Pitt QB T. Sunseri, 200.0 rating, 23/38, 506 yds, 5 TDs, 3 INTs​

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Daaaaang!

Very impressive

13. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I was watching the score of this as you guys were playing. Definitely a good win Gators. Looks like a ton of offense and little defense. If I remember correctly, you guys had a similar score last year except Noles came out on top.

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

credit to Sherm, I also got a lil carried away with what I was doing on offense and him scoring on 3 consecutive 1 play drives drove me up the wall... That just doesn't happen on a Coach Knight defense! Needless to say it did and the players will pay for it..

15. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Wow, looks like a great game!

16. Dru50

Congrats Gators on the big win.

Let's see - Hokie put up 500+ yards passing on me, Gators put up 400+ yards passing on Noles, Noles plays about 5 times better defense than I do....

That adds up to the Bearcats putting up about 9 million yards passing in our game this week. Look out NCAA record book!:D

17. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Great game guys!

18. GoGators

It was a great game, lots of fun. The "Bair Raid" seems to be working well with Chazz Anderson at the helm. The funny part is for how much offense that got put up, we played in pouring rain the entire game. Maybe weather should have a bigger impact on things???

I was surprised that Noles tried to throw as much as he did, given the talent at RB. I'll take it though. It was pretty similar to last season. I'd say the big differences were that this game was at Cincy this year and my defense is dramatically better. Lots of froshies last season. We're still young and not anywhere near great, but they can make some plays this year which is a huge difference.

Great game from Noles though. What's that put our series record at now???

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea, what happens when you score on 1 play drives...

Honestly I dont care and if you know then why ask a question?

20. GoGators

I don't know that's why I asked. And I asked because it was a topic of discussion we had before.