Season 2 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 18, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Sunday 9 pm est

Get shit done, I hate bye weeks. Can someone post the the week 6 update from the dynasty wire? I won't have time to do spreads until late tonight either, unless someone wants to give it a try.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Boston College Eagles (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles will host Army (3-0).

=============== #18 Clemson Tigers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Clemson lost 35-28 against Florida State (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Marvin Dennis has committed to Illinois

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Demon Deacons were idle.
    This week, the Demon Deacons will host #12 Stanford (3-1).

=============== #1 North Carolina Tar Heels (4-0) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 58-38 against Houston (1-2).
    This week, the Tar Heels are idle.

=============== #23 Virginia Cavaliers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Cavaliers were idle.
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Atlanta to face the #3 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-0).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 21-13 against Iowa (3-1).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to South Bend to face the #21 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Richard Davis has committed to Purdue

=============== #3 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 52-14 against TCU (1-2).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets will host #23 Virginia (2-1).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Fighting Illini were idle.
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (0-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Marvin Dennis has committed to Illinois

=============== #5 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Cornhuskers were idle.
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Iowa City to face the #19 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1).

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 44-37 against Penn State (3-1).
    This week, the Badgers will host Missouri (0-2).

=============== #8 Michigan Wolverines (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 57-14 against Northwestern (0-3).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Adam Manning has committed to Penn State

=============== #19 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 21-13 against Purdue (2-2).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #5 Nebraska (2-1).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

My defense continues to get embarrassed in the air. The Mizzou offense went off for over 500 pass yards and there was noting I could do to stop the deep balls. Somehow he made every perfect throw over 40 yards or his men just jumped higher then mine. Its frustrating to watch but my #1 TO margin team helped its case again with 7 more turnovers and combine with a big game for James White, I rolled to a comfortable victory. The starters didnt play most of the 4th quarter and it gave Doe some snaps on offense that he showed some of his playmaking ability on a nice long run.

I hope my defense can buckle down as I head into conference play. Having one of the nations best offenses and best TO margin and still have one of the WORST overall defenses is embarrassing to the program.

My system is off so I forget the exact final but I think it ended up 65-33.

4. fuzzyl0gic

Hm is your secondary that bad?

5. fuzzyl0gic

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Evidently yes. On the deep balls, the WRs seem to have a step on them most of the time and then the balls are either perfect throws that I just cant make a play on and the WR keeps running untl he scores or the balls are well underthrown and my guys are just terrible at going for the ball in the pile.

It doesnt make sense because my guys do play the ball extremely well on throws 0-20 yards. I dont mess with any of the defensive strategies and I lead the nation in turnovers and possibly #1 in INTs after this 4 pick game. Even in the game vs Natural, he was able to kill me with the deeper passes. I may need to reevaluate my depth chart and find out what players really deserve to be on the field. at least on formation subs

7. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Least sim game I've ever played on TSO. I'm not even going to do a recap for something that was basically a lobby game. If fuzzyl0gic and -Cougars- want to take it to PMs that's fine.

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I couldn't agree more since you basically bought your safety to the line what all game?

9. The Natural

As with TSO policy I'm not going to go back and forth discussing your lobby style of play.

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

My lobby style? Your fucking hilarious. I remember we can use a fake punt and fake field goal one time a game. I did that, check. I'm down 24-21 in the 4th quarter 4th and 14. Ok? It's the god damn 4th quarter I can go for it whenever I want. Who cares if it was on my own 18 yard line? You did one damn route all game quick outs. You couldn't run for shit. How was I playing unsim? Please enlighten me I want to hear this.

11. fuzzyl0gic

Take it to PMs man. Include me in the PM. Both of you tell me what happened.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

<-- so wants to be included in that PM conversation..

13. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

JQwon13 This league is heating up. I like this.

14. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Rapid Reaction
    5 Nebraska 14
    19 Iowa 31

Total Offense
    Nebr 262 (69 rush, 193 pass)
    Iowa 327(209 rush, 118 pass)

Turnovers
    Nebr 2
    Iowa 0

Player of the game
    Iowa QB James Vandenberg 4-7 118 yards 2 TD 0 INT 16 rush 144 yards 1 rush TD

What Happened: well played game by both teams that was ultimately decided by Iowa getting 2 turnovers while surrendering 0 turnovers. Vandenberg was huge in both the running and passing game with a couple big plays on a stout Nebraska defense. After a horrible offensive showing vs Purdue last week, Iowa's option offense looked pretty good today. Nebraska started figuring out Iowa's pass defense in the 2nd half but it was too little too late as the cornhuskers were trying to come back from a 17-0 lead.

What it means: It gets Iowa back on track in the conference and moves the Hawkeyes to 4-1 and 1-1 in the B1G Ten.

What Next:Next week, Iowa travels to Bloomington, IN for a big ten clash.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That was pretty rapid-- better slow down chief.

16. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

fuzzyl0gic I know not everyone has played their games, but I believe all the user games are finished. I'm off this week so it doesn't effect me, but for future reference, are we going to try to advance early when the user games are played like we did last week?

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

All users get a chance to play their games regardless if user games are done.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wake 28 #12 Stanford 7

Wake's defense was again alive and well, surrendering only 187 yards to Stanford while rolling up 330 of their own (a high output for a usually meh offense). Wake again struggled in the turnover department, something Coach Kasper has been striving as a need to fix.

"We aren't going to turn that corner until we quit turning the ball over. That said, the team played great today.We recovered, what, like 3 fumbles? That's a test to our kids' high motors I think. We don't have the most talented kids in the country or physically imposing-- but they bust their tails."

Junior tailback Josh Harris racked up 150 yards on 26 attempts, while scoring on a 63 yard scamper to give him his lone touchdown of the day. QB Ted Stachitas broke off a 44 yard touchdown run of his own on a scramble. Michale Campanaro caught 7 balls to pace the receivers, tallying up 43 yards and a score. Tight end Tommy Bohanon had himself a day as well, snagging 5 balls for 77 yards to lead all receivers.

The defensive line dominated today, as DT's Nikita Whitlock and Ramon Booi along with DE's John Gallager and Zach Thompson combined for a menacing 7 sacks and 11 TFL's. MLB Scott Betros had 9 tackles as well. OLB Zachary Allen had 6 tackles, and also had a 76 yard fumble return for a score.

A good win for Wake, who really needed one. Hopefully they can start building on this as they are off to a slow 2-2 start.

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Wasn't my question. My question was are we going to continue to do what we did last week as far as advancing early.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

and I answered that: We will advance when everyone's done. If everyone is done early, we will advance early.

21. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Alright man, so we're not continuing what we did last week. Thanks

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sorry about that, was agitated for a second for whatever reason.

Didn't mean to come off so buttholey

23. The Natural

OC Season 2 Week 6: Who's got BEEF?

24. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]