Season 2, Week 7 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 13, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced! (thread late)

Next Advance:
    -Wednesday 10am, EST or
    -When 10/10 are ready

Last Week:
    -everyone enjoyed one more week of old sliders

This Week:
    -Big Games: None
    -User Games: None
    -Bye Games: None
    -Losses: probably a few!

2. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

2 New Recruits to help fill some of my team needs. McDonald.Dawson.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. vatechhokie01

UTSA 21, Arkansas St 14

Despite a late 3rd quarter injury to Roadrunner QB Eric Soza (sigh... it really does get so old) and an impressive 175yds and 2TD effort by Arky State transfer RB Michael Dyer, UTSA pulled out a bit of an upset late.

After backup QB John Simmons came in to quickly throw a TD and tie up the score early in midway through the 4th and then a subsequent 3 and out by the Arkansas State Red Wolves, Simmons conjured magic one more time, calling a play-action on 1st down which saw both safeties bite hard and a streaking Kam Jones (5rec, 72yds, 1TD) find the ball alone for the score.

With 2min left and a chance to tie it up, the Wolves were once again stopped by the stingy UTSA defense.

Stats:
    -Eric Soza: 9/15, 69yds, 1INT; 16 rushes, 91yds, 1TD
    -John Simmons:2/3, 56yds, 2TDs

The Roadrunner defense recorded 8 sacks and 1INT

4. vatechhokie01

my recruiting = nightmare. no idea what happened. absolute nightmare this season.

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Nice g wood....a +13 is awesome. Great find. I am jumping in front on that Center though

• Like Like x 2
  6. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Thanks man
    On that one... But I got another one and he is a stud;)

+13 I was hype and he is in state so it helps the pipeline most of my players are from Florida

7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

• Like Like x 3
  8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

TSU 34, ULM 14

--Absolute ass kicking
    --What is up with the 5,000 screen plays the CPU calls?
    --I had 2 safeties in one game. Never done that before.
    --Jarrett Whitehead, HB, may win the Heisman as a true freshman. Absolute monster. 20 carries, 189 yards.
    --My kicker had 3 tackles, and has 10 on the year. Good for 10th on my team.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

TSU wins first recruiting battle over rival UTSA.

A week after soft committing to UTSA, Orange, Texas QB Pat Reese had a change of heart and gave his pledge to the Bobcats of Texas State. TSU expects to redshirt Reese.

Reese, Pat.png

10. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  11. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

it's insane how good my RB is. He may literally be my favorite player I have ever played with. He's big, strong and fast. Herschel is a great comparison. :) I will not leave TSU while he is still here.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

Awesome review Weave.

13. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Yeah right let the UVA job open up next season and you will be on the first thing smoking out of town.

14. vatechhokie01

i think the 5,000 screens are the cpus response to a lot of blitzes because thats the only way we can get pressure... problem is the screens are horrendous

15. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  16. vatechhokie01

screw you.

train wreck. my recruiting. absolute train wreck.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vatechhokie01

geez, weave. lol. how long does that take you to do. impressive.

18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

FAU 20 Tulsa 17

The Owls continue to win in CUSA by improving to 3-0 in the conf. A game that was slow in the beginning, then long plays in the second half. The Owls had a few big ones, the best being a long td throw from Lewis to Mirivil on a great post pattern, a perfectly timed ball.

Robert Ferwerda had 8 catches for 61 yards and Mirivil had 3 for 101 and a td. These two seem to switch roles from week to week, one being the deep threat and the other the possesion guy

19. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

LOL my last 10 mins to talk to a recruit and I picked this guy to plan his recruiting trip and look what happened, "Internal Server Failure"...

Ian Ashley.png

20. Luke

Luke Walk On

On the subject of sim stats the by middle linebackers are somewhat out of hand. To have 10 & 9.5 sacks by middle linebackers 5 games into a season simply isn't realistic just saying. Might need to chill out with the blitzing. Not coming at you guys in a rude way I just think it should gI both ways. You'll grill Gmorg about throwing to slots and then you'll turn around and your MLB is getting 2 or 3 sacks a game.

21. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

What if your running a 3-4 defense? A blitzing LB is pretty much every play.

22. Luke

Luke Walk On

Grilled isn't the right word, Im sorry. Anyways I'm not trying to come off as a dbag, maybe the way you guys run your schemes is different. I just think when your MLB is on pace to have 20 sacks its a bit off. I realize it's a video game and things are misleading. Just sparking a conversation on the topic, again not trying to be a dick.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Luke

Luke Walk On

Yep an OLB mainly will post those in a 3-4 though, not the MLB.

24. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

the prob with this year's version that i see is that you get very little pressure at all with rushing 4. QB has about 2 hours to sit in the pocket and guys fly open. For me, I could care less about sack numbers. I blitz simply to speed up the qb and force a quicker throw. There seems to be no middle ground this season between a decent 4 man rush and bringing an extra man or two.

• Like Like x 1
  25. vatechhokie01

Thanks for your quick apology and I would ask that you watch your tone there a tad (cuz I think G Morg would be the first to say that we have all been quite on the up and up and tried to hold honest non-passive slide mark discussions about everything... to which G Morg has handled himself like a freakin champ btw!).

But I do think you have a point. Absolutely. And its something worth discussing. It's tough, right, cuz you get ZERO pressure without blitzing and then, at least for me, it feels like if I blitz its almost an automatic sack.

I meant to post a video, but one of the most sad things about this game is obviously the DL/OL interaction. My last game with VaTech, my 95ovr DE got blocked and then pancaked by a no-huddle slot wide-out who lined up at TE (he literally was like 5'9, 165) and destroyed me.

So what do you do? Not get pressure? Cuz seriously, if you blitz, its almost an auto sack vs bad teams.

I'm open for suggestions. Maybe its just a watch yourself and if your OLB gets a sack or 2 (in 4-3) no more blitzing that guy for that game?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012