Season 2 - Week 7 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 2 - Week 7 Scores

Week 7 is up.

We will shoot for an advance on Friday night around 11pm EST, however, with 4 user games to be played I will allow an extra day if needed.

User games:
    Cincy vs Notre Dame
    USF vs Pittsburgh
    LSU vs Florida
    K-State vs Nebraska

2. Dru50

Notre Dame beat Cincy on a last second 34 yard TD pass from J. Clausen to D. Kamara with 9 seconds remaining, 38-31.

Tough game, not as high scoring as I expected, with ND punting twice and Cincy being forced to punt 4 times. It was a pretty clean game, with only 1 INT thrown by Clausen.

Notre Dame was led by Jimmy Clausen, who went 22-30 for 359 yards and 3 TD. Armando Allen had 21 carries for 88 yards and 2 TD and 2 catches for 27 yards, including a 22 yard TD catch on a swing pass to open the scoring. Kyle Rudolph had 6 catches for 90 yards to lead the receiving corp.

The defense struggled early to slow down the Bearcat passing attack, which was paced by C. Anderson, who threw for 330 yards and 2 scores on 19-26 passing. Early I tried to control a LB or S in zone coverage, but was getting zero pass rush and Gators picked me apart. I finally started playing various man looks (mix of cover 1 with a MLB robber and cover 2) and some zone blitzes, and moved to controlling one of my DE's to try and get some pressure on the QB. I was able to pick up 2 sacks with K. Lewis Moore, but the key was the other DE K. Neal, who picked up 3 sacks. A couple of them appeared to come when the Bearcats shifted their line to try and double block Lewis Moore.

Good game Gators, look forward to matching up in the future.

Player of the game - A. Allen

Up next - A road game vs Rutgers

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

score?........

4. Dru50

Fixed it....

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I got on to recruit this morning before work, but didn't have time for my game. I'll get it in tomorrow

6. Dru50

No worries Dakota, with 3 more user games to be played (I believe) we aren't advancing until Friday night at best.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Maryland - 38
    Tennessee - 41

Good god this team is driving me bananas! Once again, we fell behind early and had to play catch up for most of the game. Bryce Brown had a big day rushing the ball as we leaned on him heavily to try and get back into the ballgame. He had 40 rushes for close to 200 yards. QB Stephens was doing his best Crompton imitation, throwing some picks early on. But he rebounded nicely, throwing for over 300 yards with a couple of scores. I think this team is going to give me a heart attack this year!!!

8. Dru50

Way to pull out another win recchem, at least you are getting good at winning the close ones right?

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

At 2-4 we'll take all the wins we can get although it would be nice to get an early lead for once!

10. Dru50

Looks like max and noles are playing Pitt/USF now.

LSU/Florida is the last user game to go. At this point guys I'm hoping you guys can get the game in by Friday night so we can advance on time.

11. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

How's tonight after 10PM LSU?

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Great game played by Dru yesterday. Notre Dame has a lot of talent and that showed versus the Bearcats as maybe only 1 or 2 guys on our entire team would see the field for the Irish.

We'll now shift our focus now to our rematch with USF in a couple weeks.

13. Dru50

I think some guys on your defense would see the field on my team, don't sell your team down the river so fast man.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

USF wins at home vs. Pitt 34-29

The Bulls jumped out to an early lead then held on for dear life as the Panthers made their comeback. A big hit FF on a WR screen pass secured the W for USF. Stats and some vids to come.

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

nice play call and you get rewarded.... FTL (n)

16. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Those guys would are on ebay with no reserve hahaha.

17. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

OU easily takes down 41-15 at the Gay to move to 6-0.
    Bradford 18-33 312 yds, 1 TD,
    Murray 19 rushes for 159yds, 3 TD's
    Calhoun 8 rushes for 82 yds
    Broyles 7 catches for 142 yds

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Auburn 38
    Arkansas 17

The Razorbacks gave the Tigers all they could handle in the first half, trailing only 24-17 at the intermission. Kodi Burns led the way in the second half and Onterrio McCalebb finished them off. Burns finished the game with 3 total tds and almost 250 total yards. McCalebb rushed for a td and returned a kickoff for one. The Tigers improved to 6-1 on the season.

19. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Florida 35 LSU 30

This came could very well be the game of the year in the SEC if not the nation. UF took a 35-10 lead on a 55 yard Jeff Demps TD run with 3:15 to go in the third. Cue anything possible to go wrong for the Gators. Two long TD drives for LSU and two turnovers that lead to scores later the score was 35-30. The Gators go 3 and out and punt it back to LSU offensive machine that has not been stopped since the first quarter. LSU marchs the ball down the field and gets the ball first and goal inside the 10 yard line with 40 seconds to go and all 3 time outs. 1st and 10 was the key play to the entire thing. LSU ran a sweep that was stuff in the backfield for a 6 yard loss. Now LSU has to throw the ball. 2nd down was a batted pass by the noise guard of the Gators. Third down LSU completed a pass underneath to the 4 yard line. 4th and goal. Game on the line. LSU comes out in the run and shoot. 5 wide receivers. UF matches with 7 defensive backs of their own. The Gators d-backs came right up into the faces of the Tiger receivers and ran a press coverage. LSU snaps the ball and drops back to pass. He looks...Nobodys open....He moves to the right, throws back left....INTERCEPTION GATORS.

Gators win 35-30

Great game Beazus.

Game ball goes to Jeff Demps. 205 yards on the ground on 24 carries. 74 through the air on 3 receptions.

20. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Texas: 60 TCU: 58 (3 OT)

Wild game that the Longhorns were barely able to pull out. Not too much defense by either team and the Longhorns were led by RB Fozzy Whitaker with 45 carries for 282 yards and 2 scores. More in the game summary.