Season 2 Week 7 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Feb 27, 2010.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Sep 24, 2009
    Season 2 Week 7 Summaries

SMU 40 ECU 14

Ho hum game for the Mustangs. QB Cohen looked horrible and starting RB McNeal was lost for 3 weeks. Not gonna be around my PS3 for awhile so i dont have any stats. Defense scored 2 TD's and special teams almost had one for 2nd straight week. For the first time on '10, i had a CPU controlled defender pick off an option pitch. Not sure ive seen that in a few years actually.
  2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Memphis Upsets Houston

Game Summary Sunday
  3. gprepp93

gprepp93 Walk On

Nov 1, 2009
    This should have gone here, not week 6.

UNLV rolls to another win, this time 40-23 over Air Force. The Rebels went to Air Force with hopes of clinching bowl eligibility, and did so in a convincing 40-23 victory. Air Force score on their first play from scrimmage, a 73yd screen to the FB. But then was held scoreless til late in the game, when the Rebels had the game well in hand and the 2nd string was in .
  4. BG

BG On The Rize!

Oct 5, 2009
    #2 Stanford vs San Jose St.

The Cardinals rolled over San Jose St Saturday afternoon. Stanford used a balanced gameplan throughout the game. Third string RB U. Amanam scored three td's to help guide Stanford to their 6th win of the season.

1st qtr.[/​

Stanford would score frequently in the first qrt. starting off with a 51 yd pass from Andrew Luck to C. Owusu. After holding San Jose St to a missed filed goal attempt, Stanford would score again on a 29 yd strike from A. Luck to RB S. Taylor. U. Amanam would score again on a 91 yd KO return for a td to make it 21-3 after 1.

2nd qtr.

The Stanford on slaught continued into the second qtr. Stemming from a late 1st qtr drive, The Cardinals would punch in another score by S. Taylor to take a commanding 28-3 lead. After surrendering a score to San Jose St. due to an interception from A. Luck, on the very next drive, A. Luck would hit C. Owusu on a 55 yd td pass and catch right before the half to lead 35-10.

3rd qtr.

Stanford would get the second half kick off and take it 101 yds to blow the game wide open. From then on, all reserves were given the thumbs up to finish the rest of the game.

4th qtr.

Everythingthat happened in this qtr was pretty much clean up duty by the reserves.

The win keeps Stanford's shot for a NC game in tact as they improve to 6-0(2-0) on the season. Next week, Stanford will play Idaho(I think)!

Final Score:

Stanford: 62

Sna Jose St.: 16
  5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Memphis Shocks Houston

Memphis, TN- Games are decided on the field not paper. That’s exactly what the Memphis Tigers proved Saturday as the shook up C-USA with a stunning victory over #17 Houston. Mempis kept its’ current undefeated streak going since the coaching change. On paper all four teams were “better†than TOM (the Tigers of Memphis) and should of smacked the stubborn Tigers silly. But great defensive play and effective offense have the Tigers focused on securing a spot in the C-USA championship game. At the beginning of the year a bowl bid would have been acceptable but now the Tigers are aiming at larger targets.

Houston came out firing on all cylinders. An impressive 7 play opening drive, capped by a 18 yard C.Turner touchdown pass, put the Cougars up front 7-0 late in the first quarter.

The Tigers, not to be upstaged, marched down the field on their opening possession also. But a couple of incompletions and a clipping call would end the Tigers’ efforts and they would have to settle for a 35 yard field goal. Houston’s powerful offense would once again respond as a 3 yard run by B.Beall would put the Cougs up 14-3 and in command of the game midway through the second quarter.

After another Memphis field goal and trading punts the Tigers got the ball back with just enough time to run its’ two minute offense. T. Bass, who was benched last week, led a magnificent drive and hit T.West, 4 receptions on the day, with a beautiful strike from 15 yards out to give the Tigers their first touchdown of the day. The 2 point conversion was no good but the Tigers had hop as they went into the locker room only down 14-12.
    During halftime the Tigers defense got an earful. Coach JerzeyReign, a defensive minded coach, was very upset with his defense during the first half. I think once the other team scores he gets a little bit irritated and whatever speeches he gives to motivates his defense during halftime works miracles. The defensed stifled the Houston on its first possession of the second half and the offense responded. Another gorgeous drive led by T.Bass, capped by a 13 yard TD scamper by L.Smith, gave the Tigers their first lead of the game, 18-14. The rest of the 3rd quarter was a chess match as both defenses stepped up and forced the offenses off the field.
    Beginning the fourth, with Memphis clearly holding the mojo, their offense would strike again. This time a 19 yard touchdown pass from T.Bass would put the Tigers up 25-14 early in the fourth. The Tigers defense, who have only given up 7 points in the second have under Coach Reign, allowed a late touchdown to the Houston which cut the score to 25-20 with only 20 seconds to go. A failed Houston onside kick iced the games as the Tigers celebrated going 4-0 in conference play. Their next game should be the first one their favored in but then again the underachieving ECU Pirates are better on paper.

GG Drunken. Very fun defensive game, I like that. Thought you were going to give it to me early but for some reason my defense “wakes†up. I promise you, I just stick to the gameplan and then all of a sudden their playing lights out defense.

*My stat table f'd up so I'll get them up shortly
  6. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Jan 19, 2010
    Rice 31 - Tulsa 14

In a game with very few big plays, the Golden Hurricanes opened the scoring on a huge 72 yd pass and scamper that was notable for several sloppy attempts at tackling by the Owls.

Following that punch, the Owls settled in and played a strong bend, but dont break, defence. Rice allowed one more major in garbage time, but ended up prevailing 31-14. Coach Bear was not available for an in depth summary as he has been spending many days at the office lately.

Although it seems exceedingly optimistic given the tough schedule upcoming for the Owls, coach Bear is hoping that he can lead his charges to a bowl game.

On the recruiting trail, the Owls continue to sniff around the two star recruits, to date they have not been able to locate a single 3 star recruit with any interest in the program.