Season 2, Week 8 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 14, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Next Advance:
    -Thursday noon EST or
    -When 10/10 are ready

Last Week:
    -everyone basically works over the new sliders as if they're easier...
    -except for scootie scoot scoots... who gets destroyed (both by the game and EA) after getting up at 4am to play a video game at the age of 30

This Week:
    -Bye Week: Luke
    -User Game: Mid Tenn vs West Ky
    -Big Games: just our horrid conference play

Notes:
    -clowning

• Like Like x 1
  2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

• Like Like x 3
  3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

love the bed music. great work

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

5. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

^^^^ Goose this means war...

You swiped a recruit from me.

6. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Trying to Assemble College Footballs version of "The Hogs" Let me introduce the newest member to the revamped Big Red O-Line Dockary.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Walk On

The Buffalo News
    Running with the Bulls: Mid Season News & Notes

The Bulls enter their idle week 3-3 following a brutal loss to previously winless Eastern Michigan. Here are some observations from the first half:

• Will the Bulls starting quarterback please stand up? The seesaw battle has continued through the first half with neither Alex Zordich or Colin Michael proving they should be the starter. Both have had success moving the ball but have been crippled by interceptions.

• Neutz 4Heisman? Ok the Heisman is getting carried away but what senior reciever Alex Neutz has done through the first half is simply remarkable. Neutz has dominated every corner he's faced and rumors are swirling that he's flying up draft boards. It will be hard for Neutz to keep up his torrid statistical pace, but it's clear he's established himself as one of the top recievers in the country.

• Olivers return? Through 1.5 games Branden Oliver was off running into his senior season. All that changed when Oliver suffered a broken elbow against Baylor. With Oliver being an estimated few weeks away from returning, will he come back in that early season form and lead the Bulls to the bowl season?

• Better defense in 2nd half? One of the more disappointing things of the first half has been the Bulls defense. While they returned key players from last year and added highly touted newcomers in the secondary they have yet to see their efforts come to fruition. Last season the defense dominated down the stretch, leading them to a bowl birth. Coach Luke looks for a repeat in 2013.

•Recruiting update: It's been pretty quiet on the recruiting front. It will be almost impossible to top last years 26th nationally ranked class. People around the program feel this class will feature quality over quantity, with a lot of newcomers contributing immediately.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Your oline recruiting looks alot like mine did last year. I lucked into 4 gems that are all starting now and playing extremely well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

this is excellent. I would like to see everyone do something like this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Luke

Luke Walk On

Thanks man. I tried to take like a blogger or maybe a beat writer's perspective.

• Like Like x 2
  11. vatechhokie01

UTSA 21, Rice 14

Well, I might have proved myself wrong. So I decided to not blitz one time (I think I did once at the end actually with a nickel back). The result was, without shifting once, with never using jump snap (who does this?), my DE went off to the tune of 5 sacks, just abusing the right tackle. Not realistic either I suppose. lol. Maybe my defense is just juggernaut? I literally lined up and just hit him in the mouth over and over.

Bizarre game to say the least: I myself was sacked 7 times and sacked them 12 times (10 by D-line). Our olines are apparently terrible. But even with the sackfest as well as grabbing 3INTs (a record for me by far), I still couldn't muster anything on offense despite Eric Soza going 17/22 for 275yds and 3TDs (although 80yds of that was clearly a backwards lateral on a 80yd option rush TD counted as a pass).

Rice is terrible. Somehow I played great but am just as terrible. Really fun game though!

WR Kam Jones had another great game, catching 7 balls for 107yds and 1TD

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  12. vatechhokie01

You are getting out of hand with these. My wife says she's concerned, my boy loves watching them, and this is the best thing I've seen on this entire website. You do good with short clips, not wearing it out, quick hitters, excellent job dude.

That FIU fumble hit and return was awesome, lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. vatechhokie01

have I mentioned my recruiting is atrocious?

• Like Like x 1
  14. vatechhokie01

Weave, create a thread with these archived and we'll throw a sticky on it for visitors to view, etc.

15. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Now if I can find me one of those Bulls like you have in the backfield I will really be onto something. Now you see why I was thanking you last season, I had to go away from the flashy recruits and find ones that will help. If I would have had these players with my current bruiser back. I would never pass.

16. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

But the way he slowed down the runners stride yesterday was also classic...

17. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Looks good to me ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Proves my point, it could be play calling because some plays actually work better for D Line pressure when you fake the LB Blitz. I can confuse the QB, this is the beauty of the this league. Every time a comment is made it makes you rethink it and you retool and you typically learn something else that's better about your team.

• Like Like x 1
  19. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Stay tuned I may have a few more 4-6 GEMS would be great. Because I want to build a Dynasty @ WKU. At first I thought the object was to win and bolt but when you put this time into Recruiting I almost feel like this is my team. Hell I plan to watch WKU games online this year and I almost order a hat and t shirt...just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Luke

Luke Walk On

Made it to the computer and watched all the recap videos, sick job Weave!

Also I know somebody posted this in the past but how do we go about getting those recruit cards posted in here again?

• Like Like x 1
  21. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I went old school to do mine but it depends on what kind of CPU your using.

22. Luke

Luke Walk On

I'm just using a regular PC.

23. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

How do I find out if I have more then 1 rivalry?

24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Do you have Power Point?

25. Luke

Luke Walk On

Nah I don't have powerpoint.