Season 2 - Week 8 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 2 - Week 8 Scores

Week 8 is up.

We will shoot for a Monday 11pm EST advance, but may go through Tuesday night if needed due to the easter holiday.

User matchups:
    #7 LSU at #14 Auburn

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Texas: 35 Nebraska: 51

This was just one of those game. Broken tackles, TOs and an injury to Whitaker, coupled with Harris inaccuracy and 4 ints spelled defeat. Post more when I cool down.

3. Dru50

Wow, K-State and Texas downed by Nebraska in consecutive weeks. Who woulda thought that the team would turn into Florida midwest after their coach leaves?

4. Dru50

Notre Dame takes out Rutgers on the road, 56-16. Complete domination by the Irish, and the starters only played the first half.

The Irish were led by Jimmy Clausen, who went 13-18 for 338 yards, 3 TD and 0 INT. He found Golden Tate 5 times for 159 yards and 2 TD, including a nice 72 yard TD pass against the blitz. Armando Allen carried the ball 11 times for 60 yards and 2 TD, and added 2 catches for 81 yards including a 67 yard TD reception against yet another Rutgers blitz.

Up next - bye week.

5. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

OU Wins in a Shoot Out vs Colorado as 100 points were scored total. OU 56-44.
    OU Defense had a rough day and just didn't show up. Hopefully it's out of our system.
    S. Bradford 20-30 402 yds, 4 TD's and 0 INT's, 1 Rush TD
    Murray 21 Rushes for 150 yds, 3 TD's
    Owens 6 catches for 127, 1 TD
    Kenney 4 catches for 105, 2 TD's
    Mensik 2 catches for 75, 1 TD

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

B.J. Daniels comes back from injury just in time to humiliate WVU and their 3-3-5 defense. He sliced and diced the Mountaineers all game, leading the Bulls to another 45 point performance.

The Bulls will maintain their top 5 ranking and are completely overlooking all opponents on the path to their back-to-back games against Cincy and ND. The Bulls are regretting the beatdown they laid on the Bearcats last season, as it seems Cincy's coach has his team playing at a high level and there is no doubt they will be out for blood. The Bulls then have to follow up that game by taking on Notre Dame and their new coach who also has things clicking this season. All this should set up a wild finish in the BigEAST, a conference which could be represented in the National Championship for the 2nd year in a row.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Alabama - 27
    Tennessee - 31

The Vols improve to 3-4 on the season, taking out the Crimson Tide at home. Despited turning the ball over 3 times, Tennessee managed to move the ball on the Bama defense most of the game. Bryce Brown ran for 2 TD's and sealed the game late with some key third down conversions to bleed what was left of the clock.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Bearcats win the Keg of Nails (a first for me)

Cincy 38
    UL 10

The Cardinals did all they could to win this one as it seemed their coach had entered a cheat code prior to kickoff. In any event, coach KSherm's Bearcats were able to hold together in the face of 5 sacks and strategic defensive playcalling to get the win. The Bearcats defense was the story in this one as they forced numerous turnovers that left the Cardinals gasping.

Chazz Anderson went 19/31 242 yds 3 TDs while adding 47 yds and a TD on the ground.
    JR WR DJ Woods caught all 3 Anderson TD passes on the day as the defense simply couldn't keep up with the Bear-Raid!

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Week 8

#7 LSU - 27
    #14 Auburn - 21

LSU hangs on for dear life but defeats Auburn on the road. The LSU offense started off hot and put up 10 points on their first two drives. On the ensuing kickoff, Auburn fumbled the ball, which was recovered by LSU for a scoop and score. Down 17-0, Auburn would march down the field and score, only to have LSU respond. In the fourth quarter, Auburn mounted a furious comeback and pulled to within 6 points with under 2 minutes left. Within a score (but with no timeouts), Auburn attempted an onside kick but it was recovered by the LSU Tigers, who ran out the clock and left this hostile environment with a win. With those 2 tough away games (Florida, Auburn) out of the way, LSU will now focus on defending their home turf against Louisville.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Good game Beazus...another close one.

Not to take anything away from you, I really got screwed by not being able to review those 2 fumbles. The td was very close and the other one, in the 2nd half, Burns' knee was clearly down when I watched the replay after the game. Oh well, what can you do? Good game.

11. Dru50

Man, we are having some really tight user scores this season, very competitive.

I will advance the dynasty tonight after work.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Pittsburgh 42
    Syracuse 28

Cuse started off hot and super sim of the game also for circumstances

Sunseri 17-39 325 yards 4TD 4INTs, cant wait til I get Pat Bostick back from injury
    Shariff Harris 33 carries 110 yards TD

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

forgot to post this last week.... but always good to be the hunted and when this happens
    [​IMG]

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

hahaha so true too. That was after the hit stick FF.

What's even more funny is that I aggravated my shoulder "injury" later that day showing my GF how I got hurt playing video games.