Season 2 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 21, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Great week for Purdue.

Got the shutout victory, 21-0 over Illinois

Purdue is into the rankings at #25 this week.

And I landed a :4stars:center.

BTFU!!

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

to
    I could win 21-0 if my FS played MLB.. hahahahahaha

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Next season, you're coming to my house and I'm gonna put a stomping on you...

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'd imagine, 4-4 against my Ace formations really kills it.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Virginia Kills Ohio 55-7.
    Not really much to summarize about this debacle. Virginia went up only in the second quarter 42-7 thanks to all the INT's Ohio's QB threw. At the end of the first half Virginia bought in their second team offense and defense and they didn't miss a beat at all still forcing turnovers and driving down the field. Perry Jones ended the day with 222 yards on 18 attempts and 5 TD's. Michael Rocco went 12-17 and 178 yards annd 3 TD's and 0 INT's. Cavaliers take on Miami next week.​

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Big game for Jones.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Sloppy win as Badgers roll over Indiana 50-14

The scoreboard may look like a blowout, but this was one of the more frustrating games offensively I can remember in a while. Fortunately my defense did what my defense does. At the end of the 1st quarter, I held a 21-0 lead while Indiana had just 10 yards and 3 turnovers. Using the short fields, I didnt need to do much to find the endzones. But as the game went on, Curt Phillips really struggled throwing the ball. He ended with 174 yards and 2 scores but 3 interceptions and a fumble. The amazing stat is that he did it with only completing 6 of his 23 passes. 4 drops doesnt help but it wasnt the main problem. I relied very heavily on the ground and James White had to fight hard. he was stopped for no gain or a loss far too often but got stronger as the game went on and ended with 156 yards on 36 carries. On the day, I called 45 running plays.

Finally a good day for my defense holding Indiana to just 237 total yard of offense; a major step up from the norm this year. Though I turned the ball over 5 times on offense, the defense did its thing for 7 more turnovers including 4 INTs, including one returned for a TD and added in a safety on one of the 3 sacks. Indiana only converted one of their 15 3rd down attempts. Doe did this thing racking up over 200 return yards and Lane drilled both his FG attempts.

A good game for this defense as it gets rolling into conference play

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wake 41 BC 17

The Deacons were playing like they should have been all season today, with a secondary that seemed to know what route the BC receivers were running before the play was called. Freshman QB Kevin Sousa looked good in his first full start, going 9-13 for 109 yards and a TD. Josh Harris came in and ran well like usual, racking up 169 yards and 2 touchdowns on 28 attempts. The receiving corps was led by TE Tommy Bohanon and Campanaro. Bohanon had 59 yards on 4 catches, and Michael snagged 3 balls for 28 yards and a TD.

Story of the game was the defense however, as Wake's star corners AJ Marshall and Kenny Okoro combined for 5 interceptions- one of which Marshall took for a score. SS Duran Lowe also had an interception that he returned for a score. The two pick sixes also came as BC tried to mount a scoring drive before the end of half-- back to back. Ironically, the Eagles scores on a hail mary as time expired. (smh lol)

The second half was basically cruise control. BC couldn't really get anything going all game, as they only had 216 yards including -2 yards rushing with sacks factored in. 7 of BC's points came from a fumble return on Wake's first drive.

Overall, was a frustrating day for BC I'm sure.. good game Tschetter2 and it just wasn't there today bud.

All that said, this could really help Wake propel to a good season, as this is the first big big step to claiming another division title.

11. fuzzyl0gic

Nice win man.

12. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I'm glad I run the option if we ever play. Sounds like Revis Island x2 over there in Winston Salem.

13. CoachRedd

Iowa 45
    Northwestern 22

My option attack was simply too much for the Wildcats. I rushed for 268 yards and 3 TDs and threw for 3 more without giving away any turnovers. Northwestern, on the other hand, turned the ball over 3 times and only coverted 25% of their third downs. 5 players on my squad rushed for 40 yards or more to give my offense great balance. Backup FB Gimm came up huge in his role as the new starting FB since my starter is out for 9 more weeks.

Up Next: @ Minnesota

Currently trailing Michigan in the division...but in two weeks I play them for what could basically be the division championship game.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

they were playin outta their damn minds.. but they are usually very good too.

15. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

[​IMG]

Georgia Tech 55
    Miami 21

When Louis Young saw his roomate and fellow starting corer take an int back to the house on Miami's first drive he told him he would get himself one. Young didn't have to wait long as he took his own INT back for a TD putting GT up by 21. Both corner backs blanketed the Miami wide receiver core holding them scoreless in the first half. Even though both all-american's their might not be a more underrated corner tandem in college football. Even though the Yellow Jackets have surrendered over 1,300 yards through the air they lead the nation in INTs and are in the top 3 in turnovers. Their two corners allow them to stack the box against the run and hold opponents to an average of 42 rushing yards per game.

Defense name of the day as the Yellow Jacket offense struggled when Heisman candidate Marcus Wright went out with a game ending elbow injury on the first drive.

Georgia Tech scored 28 points off of turnovers and A record high 3 INT returns for touchdowns
    on the insuing kickoff miam's kick returner took a vicious hit and fumbled the ball.

GT scored an amaznig 28 points in 1:10 and 31 in the quarter sealing the victory.

In the second half Miami was about to score 21points on the backups to make the score look more respectable.

Georgia Tech goes to 7-0 and is ranked #2 in the latest polls.

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

#25 Purdue vs #1 Ohio State

The Boilermakers continue to plow ahead through their tough schedule. After entering the rankings this week at #25, Purdue would have to travel to Columbus to take on the top ranked Buckeyes. Ohio St's first drive of the game would go right down the field against a shell-shocked Purdue defense that couldn't get a stop. Then, the D came up huge. Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller would roll left, get hit hard and the ball would bounce loose. The fumble would seem to sit there for an eternity before Purdue safety Ishmael Aristide charged forward scooping up the football and taking it 65 yards for the touchdown.

Ohio States next drive would stall on the Purdue 40, but thanks to a 57 yard field goal, they would get on the board. Purdue would respond however with a huge play as quarterback Caleb TarBush hit Antavian Edison for a 59 yard touchdown and a 14-3 lead. After a defensive stop, Purdue would hurt themeselves as TarBush would get picked by linebacker Storm Klein, who would then break the tackle of both receiver on that side of the field and take it 60 yards to the house to cut the lead to 14-10. Purdue would drive for a short field goal before the half and take a 17-10 lead into the break.

The third quarter would be rather uneventful as both defense were on their game, but Purdue would nail this one down on a Robert Bolden 6 yard touchdown run with a little over 3 minutes left in the game. The defense would hold from there for a 24-10 upset of the top team in the land.

MVP honors go to my entire defense who allowed only 115 yards of offense and 3 points to the #1 Buckeyes.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I just bumped you up to #1. You're welcome.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I still have to play as well. I'll knock it out later this evening, been traveling for work, and finally get to come home later today. Brought my xbox with me, but never had time to sit and play a full game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Thanks buddy, but as we all know #1 doesn't matter until the END of the season (y)

21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You see that CoachRedd ? He just gave me the thumbs up...I'm gonna beat his ass for that.

22. CoachRedd

shits bout to hit the fan.

23. CoachRedd

Just waiting on whoever Michigan is to play their game.

24. fuzzyl0gic

25. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I can't believe Denver released Kyle Orton. Oh well once people shutdown Denver's crappy ass offense they are going to feel pretty fucking stupid.