Season 2 - Week 9 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Season 2 - Week 9 Game Summaries

Good luck guys

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Nevada Loses in OT to Mississippi State, 38-45​

So pissed right now. I have double the amount of first downs, more yardage, more time of possession...and still lose. I am on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line. Ran up the gut four times, no score. I bust a run for 35 yards and "fumble" at the half yard line right before crossing the endzone. Linebackers superjumping out of nowhere to bat down my passes.

Oh...and FOURTEEN FCKING DROPPED PASSES. WHAT. THE. F*CK.

14 DROPPED PASSES.

I'm sorry, this was one of the most random games I've played. It's like the CPU just determined that they won't let me get the win no matter what. Their running back runs into a pile and keeps miraculously coming out of nowhere to score a TD with 5 guys draped on his back.

Oh yeah, 14 DROPPED PASSES. I had back to back plays in OT where my guy just drops it in the endzone with no one around him. The first time was funny. The second I almost chuck my controller into the TV.

Okay I am done ranting. (y)

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Oh and my QB is so horrible that 4-5 of his passes were caught by guys on my team I wasn't even throwing to...lol how do you miss so bad?

4. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Try using the conservative catch setting in gameplan, will cut down on drop passes

5. maij17

Lobos 31 Colorado State Rams 24

New Mexico had a near mishap in Fort Collins today. Two late fumbles were lost by Lobo QB Tarean Austin that would lead to 14 unanswered points by CSU to tie the game late in the 4th quarter. Austin would rebound to lead a drive for the ages hitting WR Ty Kirk for a 50 yard gain to set up great field position on the Rams 25 yard line. Lobo HB Terrence Brown would break for 24yds setting up the Lobo offense on the 1 yard line. Austin would punched it in from the one to put the Lobos up for good. Lobo DE Johnathan Rainey would seal the game with his second sack of day as CSU QB Pete Thomas dropped back for a Hail Mary. The win improves the Lobos to 8-1 on a remarkable turnaround season, next the Lobos would invite the Utah Utes to Albuquerque on Senior Day.

Lobo Game Stats
    T. Austin 23-36 371yd 2tds, 11att 2tds
    D. Dennis 3att 30yds
    T. Kirk 5rec 137yds

6. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

NIU wins a heart stopper

NIU 21
    Ball St 18

The Huskies (5-2) remained undefeated in conference play as they defeated their rival, Ball State Cardinals, in dramatic fashion 21-18 in an ESPN Instant Classic.

Down 18-14 with under two minutes to play. QB Chandler Harnish led his team down the field converting two fourth downs on the drive. With 27 seconds on the clock Harnish threw what appeared to be the go ahead TD, but a holding penalty brought the play back and it was 1st and goal from the Cardinal 20 yard line. The Huskies used their final timeout on a 2 yard completion over the middle. On third down, with 10 seconds on the clock and no timeouts Harnish dropped back and in the face of pressure off the edge, he delivered a strike to Sophomore Anthony Johnson for the 18 yard touchdown.

"That was some humdinger, boy!" Coach Jerry Bumpers said after the game. "Harnish is fearless out there. We don't win this game if he doesn't strap one on and get back in there after taking abuse all day."

Harnish left the game several times after being pummeled repeatedly by the Ball State pass rush. And it looked like he was done for the day early in the 4th Quarter.

"He told me, 'Coach, I don't care if I go color blind or need a hip bag for the rest of my days, beating Ball State is the most important thing in my life. Put me back in there.' Well, hot dang, how do you argue with logic like that?"

NIU won the game despite turning the ball over three times, including Antoine Kirkland's fumble that was returned 70 yards for a Ball St TD.

Players of the game:
    NIU: WR Willie Clark 7 Rec, 146 Yds, TD
    QB Chandler Harnish 20 of 29, 307 Yd, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
    Ball St: T Squires, 4 Tkls, Sack, 2 FFumb,

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I don't even touch the gameplan. What is the default settings then?

8. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

"beating Ball State is the most important thing in my life"

LOL(y)

9. maij17

The default setting is balanced but with my team less talented I usually set many of gameplan option to conservative:

Catching: receivers concentrate on catch instead of making play miss
    Tackling: solid tackles, less big hits
    Strip the ball: more secure tackles, less going for the strip

I set the above to conservative just to have my guys concentrate on the fundamentals, I feel if I can make a team march down the field I can force them into a mistake or punt.

10. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

thanks for clarifying man(y)

11. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

UTEP 24 - Rice 27

What's new... UTEP loses in the final minutes to another horrible team

The Miner's dropped 3 passes on the final drive and the game ended on a controversial fumble call where UTEP's TE clearly had the ball, then landed on the ground, then fumbled, but that didn't matter because time had ran out and the game was over. The lone bright spot for the Miner's were freshmen running backs Tony White (15 carries 137 yards + 2 TDs) and Kenneth Crum (8 carries for 44 yards + TD).

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

tough year for both our programs man. i am steamed at being 4-5 instead of 5-4 right now...that Mississippi State game was MINE. I repeat...it was MINE.

13. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Ya I feel you. Its not the losses that suck its how they happen that is frustrating the hell out of me. Im just gonna buckle down on recruiting and find a solid playbook for next year.

14. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

San Diego State 31 TCU 34

It was another very disappointing game for the Aztecs as they fell to 5-4 on the season with a loss at TCU.

"You know..." said Coach E " You cant expect to win a game being down 17 points at the half, we came close, but after the first half the loss really wasn't a surprise."

The Aztecs jumped out to an early 7-0 lead but Ryan Lindley would throw 2 INT in the 2nd quarter which lead to a 24 point quarter for the Horned Frogs putting TCU up 24-7 at the half.

"We had a good 2nd half and had a chance to take the lead, but had to settle for a field goal, its unfortunate our defense couldnt make a stop to allow us to get the ball back to tie or win, but thats just how the cooke crumbles sometimes. We need a win next week, we're on a bad 4 game streak."

The normally run-heavy Aztec offense was stopped dead in its tracks. Walter Kazee had no impact on the game at all. The sole bright spot for the Aztec offense was TE Bryce Quigley who is having a breakout season.

San Diego State Stats
    QB Ryan Lindley 14 of 28 for 300 yards. 3 TD 2 INT
    HB Walter Kazee 14 carries for 23 yards
    TE Bryce Quigley 6 catches 123 yards 2 TD

TCU Stats
    QB Casey Pachall 11 of 16 for 129 yards. 3 TD
    HB Waymon James 14 carries for 145 yards and 1 TD

"I really feel like we beat ourselves today, and that's that. They made some really athletic plays and we weren't up for the challenge."

San Diego State hosts Syracuse next week with a chance to go 6-4 for their first 10 games of the season

15. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Week 9

Marshall 27
    Houston 24

Marshall traveled to Houston this week for a conference matchup against the Cougars. The big question was how would Marshall rebound after a blow out loss to West Virginia last week. The game started out as a defensive standoff, with neither team being able to score. Marshall was close in the first quarter to mounting a potential scoring drive when, on 4th and inches from Houston's 35 yard line, they were stuffed and turned the ball over on downs. Scoreless through one, the teams traded field goals in the second quarter with Marshall getting 2 and Houston 1. Then, just before half, Press Taylor, in for the injured Willie Korn, hit Aaron Dobson for a 34 yard touchdown strike, giving Marshall a 13-3 halftime lead.

Another Marshall field goal and a 4 yard touchdown run by Bryce Beall in the third made it 16-10 Marshall. Houston scored on a 6 yard touchdown pass from Cotton Turner to Tyron Carrier early in the fourth to give the Cougars a one point lead. Marshall would answer on a 1 yard Martin Ward touchdown run. The 2 point conversion put Marshall up by 7. Houston would answer right back on another Turner to Carrier touchdown pass. This one from 27 yards out. With the score tied, Kase Whitehead nailed a 44 yard field goal with 16 seconds on the game clock to give Marshall a 3 point win.

The win moves Marshall to 5-3 overall and 5-0 in the conference. The big news from this game came after the game from the team doctors when it was announced that Willie Korn will miss at least 3 weeks with a torn pectoral muscle and Andre Booker will also be out at least 3 weeks with a badly sprained elbow.

Marshall will welcome in the Golden Eagles of Southern Miss next week without their starting quarterback and tailback.

16. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Red Wolves stop FAU in Shootout
    On Saturday the Red Wolves were the visiting team to FAU. FAU had talked all week about how they would avenge last years loss to the Red Wolves and how this game would be far different. They were right about one thing....it was far different. This game was a back and forth shootout between 2 Sun Belt schools. When one would score the other had an answer. With the absence of Frankie Jackson the Red Wolves relied on the arm of Ryan Aplin and his crew of receivers. They wouldnt dissapoint the Red Wolves fans. In a high paced Air Raid style game the Red Wolves would prevail 56-44 over the Owls. This brings the Red Wolves to 5-4 on the year and trailing conference leader FIU by one game.

Coach Sabo had this to say after the game ....."Im really proud of our guys today. We came into a hostile crowd and with out Jackson we showed we were far more than a rushing team. Im very pleased with my team.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. bdub

bdub Walk On

Wow 524 yards passing!! Thats what I call a monster day.

224 rec yards on only 9 catches! Thats some great performances you got out of your guys.

18. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Yea i was shocked myself. My star wr is a big target 6"5 and has speed.

19. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Season 2 Week 9 SMU @ Tulsa

[​IMG]

SMU came out fired up and drove the length of the field to start the game 7-0. Tulsa was not phased as they drove down the field for a big counter touchdown capped by a 25 yrd td pass from Lucas Devilliers too Thomas Roberts. SMU and Tulsa would exchange touchdowns on their next drives. At the end of the first quarter Tulsa defense finnaly stepped up and held SMU to a fieldgoal too make the score 17-14 SMU.

The Golden Hurricanes first possesion of the 2nd quarter ended with another Lucas Devilliers touchdown pass this time too Justin Skillens. SMU responded with long touchdown drive to give SMU a 3 point lead that held true after both teams swaped touchdown drives. Score after halftime was 31-28 SMU.

During halftime coach jv ripped into his defense and chalanged them to step up and make plays in the second half. SMU's first drive of the half ended when qb Kyle Padron tried to scramble for the first down and was stripped by Tulsa defender Dominic Clarke that forced the first turnover by the Mustang offense. Tulsa took advantage of the short field and Lucas DeVillier threw another touchdown pass this time too Ricky Johnson. Tulsa would not look back they scored 31 unanswered points in the second half. Coach jv was pleased with the way his defense responded in the second half, and by the play of his third string qb Lucas DeVillier who threw for 6 td passes.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]