Season 2, Week 9 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 15, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Next Advance:
    -Friday, 9pm EST or
    -When 10/10 are ready

Last Week:
    -Brett loses to G Morg, Plague loses... again

This Week:
    -Bye Weeks: Heath, Brett, Goose (let's go!!!)
    -User Games: Bonner vs Luke
    -Big Games: meh

Notes:
    -Team Page updates losers

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Scooter....you doing ok bud?

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

No

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Luke Walk On

Bonner when can you play?

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

bently olb.png
    Starter from day one...wish he was faster

• Like Like x 1
  6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

• Like Like x 5
  7. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

8. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

When is good for you?

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

hahaha awesome tackle gmorg

• Like Like x 2
  10. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Nice tackle GMorg. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. Luke

Luke Walk On

My schedule is pretty open. I'm available the rest of tonight and About all day tomorrow except for like 4-9.

12. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I am free tonight, and tomorrow after 3pst.

13. Luke

Luke Walk On

Let's go tonight. How does midnight eastern sound?

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

my favorite part...the dick move to slow it down, and then do it dirty ol madden style and back it up to show it again.

• Like Like x 5
  15. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Rough Crowd...

Ya'll just motivated me to go play my game.

• Like Like x 3
  16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Owls continue to make the Conference USA look like pop warner teams as they beat Tulane in the Superdome, 24-17. The play of this game is one silly bit of coaching by Tulane. FAU is down 3-7 with about 11 seconds left to go in the first half. The Green Wave have the ball, 1 timeout, in chip shot FG range. With it being only third down, they hurry to the line to take a shot to the end zone. Clock ticking, they snap the ball and running qb A.Andrews pulls it down and tries to advance it...great I think, no way is he going to score. As the Owls swarm, MLB Andre Kirk knocks the ball loose and SS Treon Howard returns it for a td, to put FAU up as the clock sits at 0:00.

Lets spotlight Treon Howard. Last year, he was my starting LCB and played ok, 16 tackles, 1 INT, 4 passes defended. He got burnt...everyone did so I didnt notice him. Coming back for his Senior year, he would be unseated from his starting spot at CB to Freshman Brandon Caldwell. When Freshman SS Jesse Fernadez was lost for a majority of the season in week 2, Howard stepped into the SS role and is putting up some monster numbers. He leads the team in tackles with 56 total, has 8 tackles for loss and 1 sack to go along with 1 int and 1 Fumble Recovery for a touchdown. He has also handled the return duties for the Owls, averging 25.3 on kick returns with one TD return and 5.4 on punt returns. He is a big part of the reason that the Owls are sitting at 5-3

• Like Like x 1
  17. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

On a sidenote. I think that I may of come up with something cool with the Use-ie Awards. So, I am going to focus on that because I can kick out content alot faster...and with football season and Madden, thats what I am going to need.

So, the power rankings are up for grabs. They arent hard, they just take a little TLC. Here is a shot for a new young gun to show us what he can add for content. Let me know, I will share the google doc with you..or you can come up with something

18. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Done and done.

19. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Do you have a headset? 951-541-1330 is my number send me a text when you are ready.

20. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

mitchell.png davis.png

Two new recruits this week the RB Davis should be starting by year two.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Got myself a starting a quarterback for next year now

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  22. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Well At least I was able to get a top play of the week from a loss

• Like Like x 1
  23. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU 45 ULM 24 Closer then score says they threw a late Pick 6.

Star RB Keshawn Simpson went down this week with back spasms and will be out 3 weeks. QB Josh Mason was knocked out of this game as well twice during the 2nd and in the 3rd with an concussion and was unable to finish the game. This sucked becasue I wanted to showcase his overall skills. (Why have sports cars that you don't drive) I was trying to pass mainly out of the run formations so I will have more catches by guys who normally don't catch balls becasue I expanded my play calling using different formations.

Also I wanted to give Weave as many highlights as I could...Thanks Mullen and Plague I needed the motivation ;)

I got hot in the 2nd; lazy in the 3rd and had to fight in the forth. I really tried to put emphasis on my passing game I just wanted to see what they could do, My Goal was to complete 30 to 35 passes this game but my QB got hurt in the 2nd and was out for a few series and he was knocked out of the game in the 3rd. Guys I think I get it I only threw one deep route deep route all game. The rest of my catches I was able to pick up great yards after the catch. I wish my strarting QB hadn't gone down but hey it is what it is and my 2nd Stringer is beast(Check his first play in the game...Video Posted)

QB Josh Mason 11- 18 198YDS 2 TD 2 INT; 10 ATT 91 YDS Rushing (5 Legit WR drops no over/under throws and both INT's were tipped passes that WR missed and DB made plays and picked off the ball)

RB Keshawn Simpson 14ATT 73 YDS 1 TD

WR Boe Brand 2 REC 69 YDS 1 TD

Peace and Love Fellas I'm out.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Luke

Luke Walk On

Me and Bonner were in a tight one and I squeaked out the victory 22-15. Will have full write up in the morning.

25. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Texas St. 31, Ark St. 7

Just a complete game, especially in the second half, by the Bobcats.

QB Arndt 12-24 (dude can't hit the broad side of a barn) 149 yards, 2 td, 1 int
    RB Whitehead 17 carries, 135 yards, 1 TD (goes over the 1000 yard mark) He has yet to score more than 1 td in a game this year.
    FR WR McKinney (in action after top WR was lost for year) 6 catches, 55 yards, 1 TD...This guy will be incredible. He's 6-6 and pretty thick.

For Ark St., if I was Michael Dyer, I'd do my best to get kicked out of school. They only gave him the ball 9 times. I did hold him to 16 yards.
    Meanwhile Ark St is in trouble, they are playing 2 FR QB's and neither looks very good. Their starter was 10-18 for 99 yards and 50 of those came on 1 pass in the 4th against my 2nd unit. He ran it 16 TIMES. He only got sacked 4. He took off on his own 12 times. This is another problem I have with not blitzing, which I really toned down, is that QB's take maybe 1 second and they are off. I had sacked because he'd try to run the ball and get stuck behind his OL and my LB in coverage was just run up and get the easy sack.

I have a game vs. ULL and then the gauntlet to close it out vs. MTSU, VT, UTSA, and Western Kentucky. Looks like I should get my QB back in time for MTSU.

• Like Like x 2