Season 2 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 22, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Thursday 11:59 PM EST

gwill
    Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    pnc
    Tschetter2
    The Natural
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Boston College Eagles (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Boston College lost 41-17 against Wake Forest (4-2).
    This week, the Eagles will host Virginia Tech (0-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB James Johnson has committed to Boston College
    - (***) DT John Brown has committed to Michigan State
    - (****) WR Nick Dixon has committed to Boston College

=============== #15 Clemson Tigers (4-2) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #1 Georgia Tech (7-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Scott Hancock has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 41-17 against Boston College (3-3).
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Tallahassee to face the #6 Florida State Seminoles (6-1).

=============== #10 North Carolina Tar Heels (5-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 38-8 against Virginia Tech (0-7).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Ken Gibbs has committed to Florida State
    - (****) RG Akim Morris has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) LE Adrian Sutton has committed to Penn State
    - (***) FS Kris Williamson has committed to Georgia

=============== #16 Virginia Cavaliers (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 55-7 against Ohio (2-4).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Allen Turner has committed to Iowa State
    - (***) SS Michael Carter has committed to Virginia
    - (***) LG Jermaine Richardson has committed to Virginia
    - (***) TE James Jones has committed to Virginia
    - (***) TE Jerod Edwards has committed to Virginia

=============== #20 Purdue Boilermakers (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 24-10 against Ohio State (5-1).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-4).

=============== #1 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 55-21 against Miami (1-5).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets travel to Clemson to face the #15 Clemson Tigers (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Joe Seymour has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) LE Cole Parker has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 24-17 against Minnesota (3-4).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host #25 Kentucky (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Jim Hodges has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) FS Eric Heard has committed to Kentucky
    - (****) RE Matthew Robinson has committed to West Virginia

=============== #12 Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 50-10 against Penn State (4-3).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #5 Michigan (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS George Peterson has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) RG Akim Morris has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) LOLB Josh Lowe has committed to Texas

=============== #3 Wisconsin Badgers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 50-14 against Indiana (2-3).
    This week, the Badgers will host Michigan State (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Skyler Glover has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) MLB Martin Campbell has committed to Florida State
    - (****) SS Kellen Brady has committed to Ohio State

=============== #5 Michigan Wolverines (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 54-31 against Michigan State (3-4).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Lincoln to face the #12 Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Kellen Brady has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) LOLB Josh Lowe has committed to Texas
    - (****) LE Cole Parker has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (*****) WR Ryan Ramirez has committed to Auburn
    - (****) SS Taylor Hobbs has committed to Boise State
    - (****) LE Adrian Sutton has committed to Penn State
    - (****) LE Chris Little has committed to Notre Dame
    - (*****) CB Ryan Fisher has committed to Alabama
    - (***) SS Mark Franklin has committed to Iowa

=============== #14 Iowa Hawkeyes (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 45-22 against Northwestern (1-4).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Mark Franklin has committed to Iowa

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Badgers roll again with 44-23 win over Michigan state

It was another great defensive showing but I still got torched through the air. I feel like the Green Bay Packers out here. Defense only forced 2 INTs and no fumbles but both INTs were returned for 6. Just two sacks on the day and one FF. The secondary was able to knock a lot of balls down but still completely blew it on multiple occasions. MSU ended the day with 334 yards through the air. Factor in the 49 rushes on the day for nearly 200 yards and MSU passed the 500 yard mark on the game

Curt Phillips was very sporadic again, completing just 6 of 16 attempts but has really latched on to TE Jacob Pederson. On the day, Pederson grabbed 4 of his passes, took them 107 yards and scored both TDs. James White was the offense again today. Carrying the ball just 18 times for 178 yards and a score while Jeff Lewis tacked on a late score on the ground.

MSU actually held a 3-0 lead after 1 in this game. My offense didnt step up until late 3rd quarter when James White burst out on a 61 yard score.

Ill need better all around play next week but I hope my visitors hard fun today

3. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 26
    Nebraska 9

Michigan pulls off a victory over #12 Nebraska without their starting QB Denard Robinson. Denard is out for 2 weeks with back spasms that happened in a previous game. Michigan had a lot of thinking to do with the man who took over the helm last year and led Michigan to a conference championship Devin Gardner, has been redshirted all year and Michigan coaches talked about burning his redshirt and giving him the start. Instead though, they turned to Junior College Transfer Sophmore James Johnston. He looked solid the first half, but came out in the 2nd half and threw 3 interceptions. He was 11-19 for 130 yards. Not a very good day, but luckily the defense showed up for the Wolverines and helped them pull of the win. The defense had 7 sacks and 5 interceptions, one interception that was pitched for no apparent reason into the end zone and ended up being called a safety. Michigan also lost their 2nd string running back who shares carries Fitzgerald Toussaint for 12 weeks with a broken collarbone. David Harrison had 19 attempts for 56 yards, not a solid day rushing but without Denard Robinson in the game, the threat of running the option was gone so it was pretty predictable what Michigan was going to do. Michigan played great ball control today if nothing else. A big conference win for the Wolverines.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Might wanna re-think that first line buddy.... You got the wrong team name in there. Your next headline will read something more like this:

"Badgers get mudhole stomped in them by Purdue"

• Like Like x 3
  5. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Philstyle3005 good game last night. I couldn't get anything going. That int on the long ball in the 2nd really took the wind out of my sails. He was open til you made a great play on the ball.

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Definatley a good game. I thought I was gonna give you all the momentum in that 2nd half when I started out throwing back to back ints. Got lucky they were deep passes and my wrs tackled when you got the pick so it didn't kill me field position wise. You shut my run down, I was struggling against your lbs

7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

8. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

No, I probably wont be around tonight. I can play now or early tomorrow.

9. fuzzyl0gic

The Natural

I think you and gwill are the last up. I'll pass you commish and you can advance when you're done and pass it back.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuzzyl0gic can we wait til tomrrow night so I can play? I'm with family all day today I think. I need this game vs FSU too..

11. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah, that's fine. I didn't realize you hadn't played.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hey, if I would have you'd see a game summary bud.

;)

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wake Forest 38
    @
    #6 Florida State 0

Straight throttled the Noles here, as they only put together 149 yards against my defense, including a measly 95 through the air to go along with 3 interceptions by Manuel. Many Seminole fans thought their team would play better after losing to Wake last season, but another year = another over rated Florida State team.

Wake freshman QB Kevin Sousa went an impressive 11-14 for 174 yards and a TD. Sousa did throw a pick, but it was simply one that got away from him on the run- and was picked off by FSU star Greg Reid. Leading the offense as always however, was Josh Harris. He was a horse today, showing he has the durability that teams will want at the next level. The 5'10 207 lb junior took 30 carries and racked up 171 yards and 4 TD's, both season highs I believe. Senior Lovell Jackson caught the lone Sousa TD pass, scoring on a 56 yard play action pass. Campanaro chipped in 22 yards on 3 catches, and Matt James had a couple nice catches for 26 yards to move the chains a couple times. Jackson has been a welcomed addition to the starting lineup after earning the spot and taking it from James. Matt's time will come, but give it another year hopefully. However, there is talent being redshirted and who knows who will be where next year.

Sophomore linebacker Zachary Allen is really coming to form too. The athletic backer racked up 11 tackles, 8 of which were solo, along with 2 TFL including a sack. Allen also pitched in an interception, to match safeties Duran Lowe and Daniel Mack's interceptions. This is the second game in a row Lowe has snagged a pick. All American return candidate Merrill Noel had a solid day returning punts as well, averaging 17 yds on 5 returns, including a 60 yard dash that nearly went for six points.

Overall, phenomenal performance by the Deacons. We outgained them by roughly 250, and won the turnover margin 4-1 (fumble and 3 int's by them, one int by us). We are really playing well, and need to keep doing so with some huge games on the horizon.

14. The Natural

gwill can play now if you are around. I not I should be up around tomorrow afternoon.

15. The Natural

gwill I am online now.

16. The Natural

gwill I've been online for a while now... fuzzyl0gic do you have his contact info?

17. fuzzyl0gic

I don't have anything other his GT. Hopefully you guys will meet up at some point today.

18. The Natural

Aggressive strip is allowed all game??

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'm just curious, how can you tell when someone has anything aggressive on?

20. The Natural

When their defenders are constantly stripping when they tackle you.

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Because lets just say someone has jump snap on aggressive their D-linemen will jump the snap on EVERY down. If you presnap they will jump offsides all the time, if strip is on aggressive they will go for the strip every tackle instead of wrapping up.

22. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

You can tell someone has jump snap on because it will actually tell you "Snap Jumped" otherwise it only does that when its a user jumping a snap but I feel people complain about strip just as an excuse. there is a HUGE difference between on and off yet people see things going wrong and thats one of the first things they complain about.
    oh no, my WR dropped the ball on contact, he must have aggressive strip on!
    Because the game doesnt have any messages to tell you its on, you cant trace it but it is obvious.

[rant] I'm a little bias on the topic because it I hate being called out for anything. I try to run as sim ball as I can. try to keep a balance of run and pass and mix up good defense. And since I've always played at a fast pace, the only things I ever adjust are conservative catching and running sometimes and then adjust my defense to aggressive in short yardage goal line only. I dont even adjust anything else against the computer. I don't dominate anyone, I can't always crush the CPU, but I rarely get blown out. And when someone beats me and still complain that they think I cheated, I can use that as motivation to know I was too good for them. [/rant]

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol, yea the dropped passes on contact is a pain in the ass, I put catching on conservative and running on conservative and that's it. I play with what personnel matches well for my team, if I have a 90+ OVR QB with 96 Accuracy and a WR Corp who are in the high 80's you best believe I'm going to come out throwing most of the game haha.

24. The Natural

I've never accused anyone of having strip aggressive on but if the a high percentage of tackles are a strip animation and you go from having 2 fumbles in the entire season to having 3 fumbles in one game it's obvious.

But you have admited to using strip aggressive "near the goaline" so it kind of makes your point mute.

25. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i wasnt pointing fingers, I had a great game with you, no issues at all. its just the way I feel about the topic in general