Season 2 - What's your biggest need in recruiting

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Aug 18, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

For NU, it's apparently all the positions that the CPU loves to get after first. I'm in dire need of offensive linemen, CBs, and LBs and being a two star program, it's pretty slim pickin's!

Also, it seems the cpu really goes after some of these positions hard right off the bat. I guess my in state rivals Illinois and Northern Illinois need the same positions I do cause so far they are dominating me on the recruiting trail.

How the hell am I getting out recruiting by NIU???? My gosh this could be a long season! I really need some things to go my way otherwise I may never get this program to a competitive state.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

As usual, my #1 concern is getting a running QB that can throw the ball (as opposed to a passing QB that can run) but this has been incredibly difficult. Scramblers are, in general, just not interested in ASU. I'm not sure if it's tied to my PB or not. It's a spread PB based on Miss. St. but maybe it needs to be based on an option PB or something. I'm not sure what to do to get scramblers to want to come here (my best scrambling prospect is a fucking 2* from Alaska :( ).

Other than that, I need to rebuild everywhere (except for HB)! I'd like to start on both lines, but even with my 4th star, there's not a lot of talent from which to choose. What's even worse, is that a lot of the guys I want have :5stars: Stanford as their #1 school.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This happened to me last year in the Deuce with Missouri. I had them at a 5 star program but it was like a catch 22. I would get great 4 and 5 star prospects interested in me, but I'd always be at the bottom of their boards behind other users and big time CPU programs. It sucked because these were all the guys interested in me but it was just a tease.

As for the running QB's, yeah it's pretty slim pickins. Should be interesting though once they address the QB's acceleration on speed options and address WR blocking on option plays in the next patch......kinda makes me scratch my head though.......why do they need to adjust the QB acceleration on a speed option play? Shouldn't that just calculate from the ratings??? There's so much black magic that goes on in the background of this game it's ridiculous.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

We're in pretty good shape in Madison, last year's giant class has provided a lot of depth on the offensive side. I've got my eye on adding a halfback, who would really fit my style. He's durable, shifty and tough to take down. I'm currently trailing 2 cpu teams, but I don't think either one is actually recruiting him. We're always looking at adding a quarterback. I'm trying to add some playmakers on defense as well. I need some depth in the secondary, I think strong safety is my only actual need. With all the spread teams out there, can you ever have enough cornerbacks?

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The Spartans are pretty set across the board right now as well, there are really no glaring weaknesses. I would like to add a HB with Caper graduating this year and Bell in his Junior year, but there is only 1 guy out there that fits my style and I'm unlikely to land him. I need to refill depth at FB and OLB. This is probably the first time in TF history I haven't had any urgency to sign particular players.

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am in dire need of a RB. Its a pretty slim group of slowpokes this year, but I have my eye on a power runner that could be usable till I can get my scat back.

7. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Back to my secondary which i completly ignored last year for some reason. And another RB lattimore should leave this yr and along with my #2 guy also.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

And you should leave that D-tackle from Wausau alone, he's gonna be a Badger. I'd rather see you spend that time on someone you'll actually get! Lol

9. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ole Miss needs two CB's and a one HB. We look to be in great shape with HB Anthony Martin who is a big time talent, but CB is going to be a tough battle.​