Season 2 Wild Card Preview

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by thebouncer24, Nov 27, 2012.

1. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

assuming the correct real life rules are put into play for madden I have confirmed with HAL9100 that these games should be the correct games. I am posting now so I don't forget tomorrow and see games played. so without anymore rambling here we go:

[​IMG]

CIN @ NYJ
    Keys to the game:
    Cincinnati is averaging 381 yards with over 70% of the yards going to the passing department and AJ Green getting 41% of those passing yards, but AJ will have his hands full with Darrelle Revis Island. The Jets are giving up an average of 214 yards passing and around 80 rushing. The obvious interesting battle will be between Revis and Green when they are matched up. Revis has 12 ints just himself and 36 as a team that is facing Andy Dalton who has 35 ints on the year which averages around 2 a game. So can NYJ capitalize on the INT’s.

On the other side of the ball Jets pass for about 189 ypg and rush for 111 ypg, so very balanced but very low and want the game to not have to come down to an explosive score. Expect smart play from Sanchez as he has only have 9 ints on the year and expect the rushing game to take over lead by rookie RB Aerion Boudreaux averaging 4 yards per carry, they hope to wear down the Cincy D that is allowing only 72 rushing ypg.

To summarize this game is quickly becoming a favorite to watch as the strengths of both teams are matching up of CIN Pass vs NYJ CBs and NYJs rushing vs Cin Def. My ultimate breaking in the game is turnovers, stats don’t lie when I say Cincy just flat out turns it over more than NYJ, expect Jets to capitalize on these turnovers and win the game

Cin 21 NYJ 28

NE@CLE
    Keys to the game:
    What’s the first thing you think of when I say New England Patriots? No, not GRONK, but passing as a whole. They average 245 yards passing per game compared to 84 yards rushing and the Browns D is going to allow the pass as they allow 238 yards per game compared to a 55 yards on the ground. So what the Pats rely on they can get from the Browns. They Browns are only giving up 20 points per game though to a team averaging 26 points. Browns can also get to the QB with 50 sacks (3 per game) and get INTs with 32 (2 per game). Tom Brady has been sacked 41 times (2.56 per game) and threw 32 ints (2 per game). So averages balance out, Browns will get to Brady 3 times and the times they don’t quite get there they will force 2 int’s NUMBERS DON’T LIE.

When CLE is on the ball they have a balanced yet slightly skewed to the rushing attack. Wish I had time to come up with attempts but I am making an educated guess that he is balanced leaning more towards run. Averaging 120 rushing yards per game and 184 yards passing per game. Weeden gets wild at times having 17 td/20 int and also being sacked 40 times. Browns are no doubt led by Trent Richardson averaging 4.5 yards per carry and just under 100 yards per game. He does have 10 fumbles and they could be a problem, Trent will have to worry about the NE Def that is only giving up 76 yards per game rushing that is stacked with some LB’ers.
    In the end, it’s going to come down to who can find the groove. I think if Browns can find their groove and get to Brady and force some INT’s and get some sacks they will be sitting fine

NE 14 CLE 21

[​IMG]
    NO@DAL
    Keys to the game:
    New Orleans comes in putting up 31 points per game (2nd in the league). With 67% of their yards coming from Passing and 66% of TD’s coming from passing, I think they are going to pass. Dallas gives up 201 passing yards per game so they will have some room to work with but not much. Dallas is going to have to get to the QB to not let Brees throw all over them.

Dallas comes into the game looking to pass with 276 yards passing per game with rookie QB Tanner Hurns. 35 passing TDs to 6 rushing means they have either no faith in running or just a lot of faith in the Rookie. Can the rookie pass on a defensive allowing 219 yards passing and can get to the QB with 37 sacks, 2 per game and 30 int’s (just under 2 per game).

This game comes down to the rookie Tanner Hurns. Can he pull it off? Can he outdo Drew Brees? I say no. I take New Orleans in probably the highest scoring game and most passing yards in wild card round this year.

NO 31 Dal 24

SF@ATL
    Keys to the game:
    49ers comes into the game looking to run, leading the league in rushing averaging 142 yards per game and get a favorable matchup vs the run as ATL is giving up over 100 yards per game. I expect Niners to come into this game running and they will look to do it early and often. Frank Gore may be the most underrated running back in the league right now at 5.7 yards per carry and 16 TDs on the year he is a beast and also just shy of 100 yards per game. He will have a big game.

Atlanta comes into the game looking to throw, as they are ranked 7th in passing and 23rd in rushing. They are averaging 250 yards passing per game and have a good attack with Julio having 20 TDs on the year. Can he be stopped? Niners defense is rock solid and can make plays but will Matt Ryan force anything?

49ers are great at getting to the QB with 51 sacks and this leads to forces passes and they have 30 ints. The main story here is, Matt Ryan is hardly ever sacked having been only 25 times and has only forced 14 ints. If Matt Ryan can play calm and cool we could see a Falcons win, but has he faced a D like 49ers?

SF 24 ATL 21

• Like Like x 9
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great job man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Good stuff, love the predictions. ;)

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Cincinnati
    Cleveland

Dallas
    San Francisco

• Like Like x 1
  5. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I wish I could "Hate" your post.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Jets
    Patriots

Cowboys
    49ers

7. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

8. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I saw a shooting star last night, wished for a miracle against coug

9. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Great picks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

EAD NOLES!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. thebouncer24

cincy has a great threat to the NYJ def. If AJ Green can find separation then look out.

12. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Separation from Revis Island? I didn't think that anyone got off that island

13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Even the people from Lost got off the island.. come on now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

they were all dead

15. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    What about Gilligan!?

16. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

he had help...my suggestion if he wants to survive the island, do what the Swiss Family Robinson's did

17. thebouncer24

Kenny Britt found separation didn't he cadepetty247 lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I plead the 5th.

• Like Like x 1
  19. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Wow, I didn't make the playoffs!

20. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yes you did, you play CLE. The text for the wild card round are broken.

21. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Wow! It almost feels like I made the playoffs. Living vicariously through my boy controllerabuser and picking Gronk to win it all. You heard it here first.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  23. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Its a conspiracy tbqh.

24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Mr. Cocky-Pants because he won the division based on the biggest threat being gone for the last half of the season....funny how quickly we were to sim my final two games without a text or call asking if I'd be playing them.

That's your conspiracy NeuroticTruth

25. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1