Season 3 2012 Twist's Crystal Balls

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Twister18, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Week 2 features the 2 following user contest:

Texas @ UCLA
    Penn State @ Notre Dame

1. Texas @ UCLA : On paper, it looks like the Lonhorns will roll over the Bruins, but Perry gave Slick fits with Nevada and the Bruins have a better level of talent. I think it is gonna be a close match with the key matchup being the HUGE WRs for UCLA against that Longhorn secondary. This will come down to the wire and I will call it Texas 31-UCLA 27.

2. Penn State @ Notre Dame: This is a huge welcome to ceewo, drawing the defending NC Lions but the Domers will play it tough being at home but I don't think it will be enough to stop the rushing attack of PSU. PSU 35- Notre Dame 24.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice writeup Twist. I agree with your predictions. Perry could pull the upset on Slick but I think Texas pulls out a close victory. The other match is going on now and last I looked Penn State was up.

3. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

nice job twist. my young secondary worries me. I'm starting 2 true freshamn, CB & SS. I think Penn State pulls out the victory by 14.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State wins on the road 42-13 over Notre Dame. Might wanna go ahead and change your BCS predictions. Penn State is primed for a repeat.....

Oh and I got Texas winning by 2 TD's 35-21.

5. Twister18

3 big user games during week 3:

1. Nebraska vs North Carolina: The Huskers running game vs the NC Defense. I have played redhead and have heard good things about the new NC skipper. Close game decided down the line. Nebraska 24-21.

2. Texas vs OSU: Coach Brave is chomping at the bit to unleash his howitzer named Walters and will do so against a deep Texas defense but I think the key factor is how will the OSU defense stop the Longhorn running game? I give the edge to Texas: 35-28

3. Minnesota vs. OU: Can the Gophers D stop the running attack of Jermie Calhoun and Clay? Can the OU D stop Marqueis Grey, who already has over 500 yards on the young season. Will QB Landry Jones finally quit inspecting his own anus for hemorrhoids long enough to help the Sooner pull out the W?

I think the OU running attack will control the time to allow OU to a 38-31 win.

Post them up!!

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Nebraska- 31
    UNC- 21

Texas- 35
    Ohio State- 24

Minnesota- 42
    Oklahoma- 27

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Twist, sorry but your balls lied. Ohio State defense did fail but the howitzer (Walters) got the Buckeyes a 38-35 win. You were pretty close on the score but shorted the Buckeyes 10 points. :p

8. Twister18

Week 4 features 1 true user matchup:

Stanford vs Notre Dame: Christ is a good QB but Stanford has a stacked offence so I pick the Cards to beat the Domers 31-17.

Also, FSU, led in secret by Coach Dru, sshhhh! will upset OSU 28-27.

9. Twister18

Week 8:

Ohio State (Brave) vs. Minnesota (Beazus)

Washington State (GoWazzu) vs UCLA (Perry)

1. OSU is led by impressive QB Walters but may be missing AA WR Chris Fields as confided to Coach Twist by a little bird. Minnesota is led by QB Gray, who thoroughly frustrated the Sooners in a hard fought win for the Gophers. OSU is also fresh off the upset of defending champ Penn State. I think this is a hard fought game and will come down to the last second. The D may be the key to these high powered offenses and a turnover late will be the factor.

My Prediction: OSU 38 Minn: 31

2. UCLA is led by Coach Perry, who has had a full season to get his players used to his brand of head hunting football. WSU is led by Coach Wazzu, who favors a wide open passing attack, led by QB Jeff Tuel.
    Classic run vs pass matchup. I think that the superior athletes of UCLA will prevail but Go will keep it close.

My Prediction: UCLA: 28 WSU: 24

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm going to be a homer, go Buckeyes. The offense is rolling and defense was able to slow down Texas and Penn State enough to win those games. In the other game I have to go with Perry because of the talent on their rosters. Wazzu has done a nice job so far this season but this will be his first test against a user-controlled team. Perry try not to cheese too much and scare him off :).

11. vBIG SLICKv

I'm going with OSU over Minnesota. Beazus has definitely turned the Golden Gophers around as a team to be reckoned with, but I believe that OSU has too much talent on defense for Minnesota's offense.

I'm going to go with UCLA over Washington State. I believe the bruins at this point have more playmakers than the WSU.

12. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think Twist's crystal balls will shatter after these games, because I feel upsets coming on, Minnesota will shock the Buckeyes, and WSU's passing attack will not be stopped, as the Cougs beat the Bruins

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

If Terrell Pryor was still under center I would say Gophers all the way but this team has confident and skilled QB. Ohio State by 7.

UCLA's pass defense is definitely its weakness. WSU is a team on a mission and I think their QB will be their "Tuel" of success. WSU by 10.

14. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

I'm going underdog-underdog too (even though I have no real basis for it): Minny and WSU.

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Minn vs OSU - I'm going with Leon in the upset, as I think Brave is going to be still in a hangover after finally beating Penn St.

UCLA vs Washington St - I'll go with the favorite here, the Bruins. But that's mainly because I don't know much about the new Cougars coach.

16. Twister18

Only 1 game this week:

Stanford (Soda) vs Washington State (Wazzu)

Going to be a close game but I am going with cougs given the records: WSU: 38 Stanford: 24

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I think I'll agree with Twist again this week. Wazzu has played well despite having a less talented team. A kick return TD by UCLA was likely the difference in that game. I think WSU pulls out a close win against Stanford.

WSU 24
    Stanford 21

18. gowazzucougs

I don't have a good feeling about this game, if you guys thought UCLA had more talent, without looking I have a feeling Stanford has more talent as well. All I am doing, is what the Cougs do best throw the ball.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am putting my balls on the line this week, since Twist is a party in the only user match.

#4 Nebraska (8-0) at #6 Oklahoma (7-1)

Nebraska comes into this game looking to stay perfect and remain in the National Title hunt. This will certainly be their toughest challenge yet as Oklahoma is led by the dangerous Jermie Calhoun. The Sooners have a loss on the season but unlike past years a loss to Minnesota is justifiable. Since that loss Oklahoma has been red hot and the offense has scored more than 45 in every other game this season. On the other hand, Nebraska has struggled a bit in recent weeks. They squeaked by Kansas State and Missouri. The team relies heavily on its QB so Cody Green and Taylor Martinez will need to step up.

Prediction:
    Oklahoma 38
    Nebraska 31

So who you got this week?

20. vBIG SLICKv

I got OU in a close one to set up a third straight rematch in the BIG XII Championship between OU and Texas.

OU = 28
    NEB = 24

21. Twister18

Week 11:

UCLA vs Stanford

Gonna be a tough one this week. Soda has the Cards playing well as does Perry. The question is do the Cards have the firepower to hang with the Bruins? Maybe next season.

UCLA: 35 Stanford: 24

22. gowazzucougs

After playing both, my pick is Stanford, Stanford definetely has more talent than UCLA

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm gonna agree with Wazzu on this one, sorry Twist and Perry. Stanford has a ton of talent on defense and Kenjon Barner is a stud on offense. Can Barner run on the 3-4 defense that UCLA is running will be the big question. Perry has played well this season with a less talented team but I think Stanford will be too much for his unit.

Stanford 21
    UCLA 17

24. Twister18

OK, this is the true moment of test:

Texas vs Ohio State for the National Championship!!

Congrats to both Coaches!

1. JMHO: Whoever scores first will win. I think that the dominance of Walters gives OSU an advantage in the passing game but Gilbert is a good QB capable of making the big throws when needed, but the key will be the running games, where Texas has a big advantage. I think OSU has a better defense than OU but that Texas OL is a beast.

2. If Coach Brave scores first, they will play for a big stop and punt, then strike quickly to make Coach Slick abandon the running game. Brave also has the benefit of winning a close game earlier in the season against the Longhorns. A quick first score may bring back memories of game 1 to Coach Slick.

3. If Coach Slick scores first, I think it will be a long day of punishing hits given by Whaley and the OL and the Buckeyes will be in trouble. With the roll of Whaley and the spurn of the Heisman, he will be keyed to a huge last game for the Longhorns.

My prediction: Texas: 42 OSU: 38

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Very nice writeup Twist, I'm going Buckeyes for obvious reasons