Season 3 (2013) - Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Dru50, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Post em up.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Hawaii 21
    WSU 14

"The Cougar offense is garbage, the Cougar defense is basically garbage" were the words used by Coach Worgum after the Cougs lost to Hawaii 21-14. QB Mark Johnson threw five interceptions as the offense struggled after a great first quarter. In the first quarter Johnson threw two TD passes to Marquess Wilson as the Cougs took a 14-7 lead into the second quarter. For the remaining three quarters the Cougar offense struggled to move the ball with Johnson throwing picks at the wrong times. Then on defense the Cougars couldn't stop the Warriors' offense. The Warriors constantly moved the ball down the field on the Cougars' defense. If it wasn't for three interceptions in the end zone this game could have been really ugly. But for all the problems, the Cougars two chances to tie the game late, but Johnson threw his own interception in the end zone, and then one more on a last desperation drive that never took off the ground.

3. Dru50

Ouch - and I scheduled Hawaii cause I thought that would be a winnable game for you.

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Could always jump ship. I hear OSU is looking for a capable coach.... :D

5. gowazzucougs

It was winnable, in the second half I was running the ball pretty well, but from time to time I would choose to pass, and more often than not the pass was picked off. In addition a couple of my drives in the second half started inside my five yard line. When I intercept a pass, my goal is to return it regardless of where I am at on the field even if I am in my own end zone. In addition on my interception in the end zone there was no one open I was trying to fit the ball in a tight space.

6. Jayrah

California 17
    @
    #23Arkansas 14

Arkansas looked really good on paper, with a 98 rated qb, a high 80s to low 90s rated oline, and some really good defensive playmakers. So naturally, Cal came in knowing they had to play really good football to win on the road. And they did just that, fighting back from a 14-3 halftime deficit, at which time every major bounce had gone against the Golden Bears.

Second Cal drive after playing the first drives to a 3-3 tie, qb Boehm was picked inside the 10 yard line. The throw was perfect but the young Cal Wr bailed instead of coming back to the ball. Hogs would drive for the go ahead FG 6-3. Then driving again, Boehm makes another terrible decision and gets picked over the middle.

On the ensuing drive Cal cb Williams had a shot at an int but it bounced right off his gloves and into the Arkansas receiver's hands, picking up a long 3rd down. Later that drive Ark would score a TD. On the xp, Cal would block it, but the dad-gum kicker would scoop it, somehow shake off a tackle, and out race the Cal defense to the left side and convert the 2 points. So that was the first half.

But then a new game in the 2nd half, as Cal drives down and rb Bigelow finds paydirt for a 14-10 score. And from there the Golden Bear defense was stifling, allowing the offense to get several shots at taking the lead. After Boehm sprained his shoulder it was left up to Sr backup Bridgeford. Who was noticeably not used to the moment, but also noticeably collected.

After 3 possessions each, Ark got the ball with 3 minutes to go, but had a holding call and a sack drop them inside their 5. So after the punt Cal took good field position at around the 43. A couple big runs and a nice Bridgeford scramble put the ball inside the Ark 8. From there Sr rb Yarneway toted it up the gut and in for the lead with 30+ seconds left, and a Cal pick ended it just moments later.

Big top 25 win for Jay and the Bears.

7. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Michigan State - 59
    Oklahoma State - 23

For the coach of a team that scored 59 points in their season opener, Mark Dantonio sure didn't seem happy. He was seen during the game yelling at his defensive coordinator, and wasn't pleased at the post game press conference either.

"I know that most of our front seven graduated, as well as All American corner Johnny Adams, but that's no excuse for what I saw out there. MSU is a defense first school, and we looked horrible. If we don't do some better gameplanning, this season is going to go to hell, and I'll be looking for a new DC. It really hurts to lose starting QB Peter Badovinic to injury as well. The doctors tell me he'll be out 10 weeks with an abdominal tear, but he's a tough kid. He says he thinks he can be ready for next weeks game vs USC. If not Andrew Maxwell is ready to step up and play."

On offense The Spartans looked great, as the MSU QB's combined for over 400 yards and 6 TDs. 176 yards and four of those TDs went to true freshman Joseph Clark, who looked like he didn't miss a beat from his dominant high school career.

Next up MSU heads out west on a very long road trip to USC.

"Who the hell agreed to putting THIS MESS on my schedule?!?" Dantonio yelled, glaring at his AD.

((I think that injury to Badovinic might have happened while I was simming the last 40 seconds of the 1st half, which would mean he's really gone. We'll see.))

8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Nebraska 56
    Florida 21

The Huskers went into the Swamp and came out without any mud on their boots. A 28-0 first half in which 3 different players scored was the highlight of the game for Nebraska. The new offense worked out pretty well and they would finish with 242 yards on the ground split between 4 players. Taylor Martinez looked good as a game manager going 8/10 for 151 yards and a TD. They dominated the TOP battle 22 minutes to 9 minutes.

The defense performed lights out for most of the game forcing 4 turnovers. CB Devin Washington was the star of the game with 3 interceptions, 2 of which he returned for TD's one right after the other.

A great start to the season for the Huskers, and they continue their road show next week when they visit Missouri.

9. Dru50

The B1G guys are trouncing the CPU while the Pac-12 guys struggle early. The conference challenge could get ugly this year.

10. gowazzucougs

The PAC-12 has a fighting chance, the Cougs are not playing a Big 10 opponent, I don't know if that was an accident or on purpose.

11. Dru50

It was on purpose. I would have had to give another B1G a 6th user game to get you a 5th. I thought I'd be nice to our resident FCS team.:D

12. gowazzucougs

I was looking at the user schedules today, and you were brutal to Michigan, or the Big 10 schedule is just brutal. While MSU, has probably the easiest user schedule out of the bunch

13. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I will still lose 3 or 4 user games.

14. gowazzucougs

no you won't

15. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I really hope you're right. I have myself losing to Nebraska, Wisconsin and USC for sure. Michigan is a tossup. Never played Roogy, but MSU is better team, so I should win.

16. Jayrah

I'm looking to steal one from JFace907 in week 3. Cal is at home for 2nd straight year and he was not overly impressive offensively last season. I'm trying to figure out a way to eliminate so many big plays in user games this year. I have some gameplanning things I am working out with my d-coordinators. We'll be better this year against the elites, I promise you!

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Fresno State - 14
    UCLA - 38

Sloppy first game for the Bruins as they turned the ball over 6 times on a rainy day in Pasadena. Sophomore QB Brett Hundley had a rough first start, throwing 5 picks and got pulled late in the 3rd quarter in favor Sophomore Jerry Neuheisel. HB Malcolm Jones got knocked out of the game early on, so Junior Jordan James had to pick up load. He played well and scored 3 rushing TD's. UCLA's defense played well, limiting the Bulldogs to just 183 total yards. Next week, a 2012 Sugar Bowl rematch as the UCLA heads east of the Mississippi to take on the Auburn Tigers.

UCLA Stats
    QB Brett Hundley 15/31 195 Yards, 1 TD, 5 INT's
    QB Jerry Neuheisel 4/6 73 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

HB Jordan James 17 carries, 108 Yards, 3 TD's

TE Raymond Nelson 7 catches, 117 Yards, 1 TD

CB Santonio Walker 6 Tackles, 5 Solo, 2 TFL, 1.0 Sack, 3 DEFL

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Dru50 - can you change the name of this thread.

19. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Not Missing A Beat

#4 Stanford: 34
    Texas A&M: 14

There were a lot of questions entering the year for the Stanford Cardinal, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. In their week one matchup with Texas A&M, I think it is safe to say they have answered most of them. The line was a little shaky from the start, but as the game progressed they came together and gelled more as a unit. Because of this, new starting HB Anthony Wilkerson was able to rush for 253 yards on 35 carries and score 2 TDs. With Wilkerson playing so well, it really took the pressure off of Nottingham who made his first career start for the Cardinal. Nottingham completed 8 of his 11 passes, with two of his three incompletions coming late in the first half trying to put up an extra score before halftime. Every easy throw he had - he made. Furthermore, he hit 7 different receivers on his 8 completions, showing that Nottingham will have a lot of options in situations where he is forced to throw this season.

The Cardinal will stay home this week, but the task will be much more difficult. #5 Penn State will be making the trip across the country to Palo Alto for what is a rematch from two years ago. In that game at Happy Valley, the Nittany Lions were able to walk away with a 28-19 win over the Cardinal, but their last touchdown was in garbage time following an Andrew Luck pick.

20. Jayrah

(S3)

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

#6 Wisconsin @ Arizona
    34 Point 2nd Quarter Leads Badgers
    --The Badger came into the desert with a big question at running back and in the secondary. They left with one of those questions answered as Sophmore Gordon carried the offense with 286 yards and 3 touchdowns on 18 carries. Gordon's touchdown runs were all big plays of 70, 68, and 78 yards.
    The defense was again stout against the run but gave up a few big plays in the secondary including an 81 yard pass to Morrison which gave the home team a 7-3 lead. Before the crowd could even sit though senior Budmayr hit tight end Peterson on the very first play from scrimmage on a 73 yard touchdown to answer. Things started to unravel here as the Cats saw the game get away. Things started to get bad when the Badgers returned a pick 6 and then returned a fumble on the ensuing kick off to get a quick 14 points leading to a 34-14 halftime lead.
    Things didnt change much as the Badgers answered Arizona's only touchdown of the second half with three of their own and picked up a big 55-21 road win.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

nevermind, the game results didn't stick so the cpu won 49-21 instead.

23. Dru50

Huh? You lost the game?

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

no i won. just different score and stats.

25. Dru50

Did you get any kind of error message after the game? Did Roogy just quit right afterwards maybe?