Season 3 ACC Champ Game Preview

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Nov 2, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Miami vs Clemson

Clemson comes into this game as the clear favorite. They're sporting an 11-1 record, 8-0 in conference, with the only blemish being an early season loss on the road to the Buckeyes. They're riding a 10 game winning streak and will be looking to get to 11 and clinch a spot in a BCS bowl.

Miami on the other hand has been a team of sorts all season. They've staggered through the season going 9-3, and 6-2 in conference with all three losses coming early in the season to BC, Baylor, and rival FSU. The Canes currently have an 8 game winning streak and are coming off a huge win where they took MSU to the woodshed on the road. Miami has a lot to play for in this game as a win would get them to a BCS bowl game and that would definitely salvage their season.

On to the game:

Clemson comes in to this game riding the arm of senior QB Kyle Parker who's leading the ACC with 3,924 yds and 26 TDs on the season, about 1000 yds more than anyone else. Clemson hasn't been shy about putting points on the board either as they're the highest scoring offense in the ACC. As if Parker wasn't enough to worry about, Miami will also have to stay in their zones as Clemson has 3 WRs all leading the ACC in yards with Bryce McNeal, Spencer Adams, and Martavis Bryant inflicting lots of damage on opposing defenses.

Thankfully for Miami though the Clemson running game hasn't been anything to write home about. Miami will bring some of the best safeties in the land into this game, but besides their MLB, there isn't much talent on the defensive side of the ball. The CBs will have to play well and the safeties will need to bait some throws and be opportunistic if they want to have a chance at hoisting the trophy at the end of this one.

On the other side of the ball, Miami brings in a lackluster offense that has been sputtering due to a lack of talent at the QB position. Freshman QB Brian Dixon is a stud in the making, but his youth has put the Canes in tough situations this year. This will be the biggest stage Dixon has ever played on and he'll likely make some mistakes. However, there's not many coaches better at preparing a QB for a big game than Hova so Dixon could very well surprise everyone in this game.

Outside of QB, the Miami offense lacks talent all around. Their strongest unit is their group of HBs and will likely look to pound away at the Clemson defense on the ground to setup the pass. If Clemson can stop the run they should be able to make Miami one dimensional and play right into their hands. Clemson's defense is pretty balanced all around and their front 7 is fairly solid. If the D-line can hold their own in the trenches, the Tigers should be able to find a way to get the talented Miami HBs on the ground. The Tiger secondary is an above average group but with a good scheme the Canes should be able to attack through the air, but if youngin Dixon makes a mistake and the Tigers are able to take advantage of it, then it could be over early as the Tigers offense will likely convert any turnovers into points.

Call it!

I like Clemson to win their first ACC title in this one. The senior leadership of Kyle Parker and the trio of WRs they'll bring to this game should overwhelm the Miami CBs. There are some interesting matchups in this game though. Miami's MLBs and safeties will likely be the most talented guys on the field and very well could take away everything between the hashes and really cause trouble for Parker. Parker doesn't have a lot of experience in big games like these so anything can happen.

The matchup of Miami's average offense against Clemson's average defense will leave plenty of opportunities for Miami to exploit them with good schemes. But will coach Hova be able to earn his paycheck in this one? I guess we'll find out.

Clemson by 7

2. GoGators

Figure with all the bitchin that's been going on, might as well get some actual content going to make this thing somewhat resemble a premiere league :)

Sorry for the jinx Bill.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Battle of two guys with good football knowledge to go along with above average to great stick skills. I think Clemson has the edge talent wise, and wins the ACC. Should be a great game, and also one that could result in another game-specific thread! ;)

Good luck to both.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Do either of you guys have the equipment to broadcast this game on Justin.tv ?

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Nice article Gators. Sorry guys, I don't have a web cam or anything. Although I'm having my best season so far, I wouldn't call myself the clear favorite. Miami has beaten us twice in two years so they will have confidence coming in.

I think the key to this game will be turnovers, as it was a big turnover at the goal line that cost us at Ohio State. Miami has a lot of young skill positions on offense so it will be interesting to see how they play in a big game. Miami has a good offensive and defensive line, so it will be important for Clemson's line to hold their own.

We have a few new wrinkles for this one and it should be a great battle.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

You're going to QB scramble, aren't you... ;) :D

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Good call Basis, I din't want to be the one who started this up again. Bravo!

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

haha good stuff

9. GoGators

I love this line! Maybe I'm not the only guy that loses sleep at night coming up with a gameplan of how I'm going to attack my opponents.

10. GoGators

My prediction was spot on!

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Checking out the highlights, that 2nd clip (pass to McNeal for 34 yards) looks like an identical catch (dubbed as the immaculate reception) that Manning threw when the Giants won the Super Bowl.

12. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Ya that was a lucky grab to say the least. I was seeing a lot of man and Hova plays the safety on that side so I tried to take a shot. It was good coverage and my guy just made a great grab.

Way to go lol. When I went down 21-7 in the first half I got a bit worried. I got lucky with Dixon throwing the late 1st half INT, but it was the 2nd half defensive adjustment that was the difference.

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

You got luck on that fumble as well. I hate putting the ball on the turf so easily with the QB.