Season 3 - Championship Week

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Good Luck to you guys in championship games

2. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

NIU 42
    Temple 14

Huskies win the MAC

Northern Illinois wins it's second consecutive MAC championship. The Huskies played mistake-free football and dominated the second half. QB DaRon Brown threw for 300 yards and 4 TDs. Anthony Johnson hauled in 7 catches for 129 yards and 3 TDs.

"Temple is good golldang team. Those Jewish fellas can play some football." Coach Jerry 'The Rhinoceros' Bumpers said after the game. "But we had outstanding ball playment on both sides today. DaRon didn't do anything stupid, thank you Jesus. McKinney is just a beastly ole mother hubbard running betwixt the tackles. And the defense played like they had hornets in their trousers. Hot dang, we won the MAC!"

The Huskies earn a berth in the Little Ceasar's Pizza Bowl and will probably match up against Notre Dame. "I sure would like to take a shot at those smug Golden Domers. I tell you what." Coach Bumpers said. "And what better venue to compete against the storied tradition of the Fightin' Irish than in the historic and world renowned Pizza Bowl in beautiful downtown Detriot."

Asked to comment on the rumors that he's been offered a job in a BCS conference, Coach Bumpers replied, "I don't know how many times I got to answer this question. All I see is a pack of dang lies in the papers. Jerry Bumpers is going to Florida. Jerry Bumpers is going to California. Heck, if Hawaii had a football team, you all would say I was going there. Well, read my lips, you chubby reporters. Jerry Bumpers is not going anywhere except to the massage parlor for a Tom Collins and a well deserved rubdown. Jerry Bumpers will be the football coach of the Northern Illinois Huskies next year, or my name's not Jerry Bumpers."

The Huskies will go to the Pizza Bowl without starting middle linebacker Tyrone Clark who suffered a broken shoulder.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Cavaliers Take Home the ACC Championship

#4 Virginia 31 vs. #2 Boston College 28

Sloppy ACC Championship Game With 6 Turnovers Favors Virginia

The Virginia Cavaliers brought home the ACC Championship with a win over #2 Conference Rival Boston College. With that win, the Cavaliers sit at 13-0 and have a chance to play for the BCS Championship. "We gave it our all out there today," said Coach E holding back a tear "I hope we get the chance to play for the BCS title. These kids deserve it."

Virginia turned the ball over 3 times in the Boston College red zone which almost cost them the victory. But 3 defensive turnovers of their own helped propel them to the win.

Quarterback Ross Metheney had a standout game for the Cavaliers completing 16 of 24 passes for 300 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. "Ross will start again in whatever bowl game we play in," said Coach E "He has shown that he can be one of the top quarterbacks in the conference."

Heisman candidate and the man up for many awards, Torrey Mack had a great game for the Cavaliers. Mack carried the ball 27 times for 179 yards and 3 TD, including an 82 yards score, his longest on the season. "Nobody knows if Torrey is going to stay for his senior year or not," said Coach E, "But i can tell you one thing: he is going to give 110% to be certain we come out of this with aleast a BCS bowl win, if not a BCS Championship."

Its up the the committee to see where the Cavaliers are headed. We will keep you updated.

4. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Nice win. Good luck in the Championship game.

5. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

If i get in...depends if i jump distrikt in the BCS rankings ;)

6. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

You have to get in. You just beat the #2 team You guys were virtually tied going into this week and he didn't play. Sucks for him. That's why we need a playoff.

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

ECU 24 SMU 20
    Battle worthy of a conference championship game as ECU squeak by SMU​
    East Carolina​
    This was a game that was built up to be something special as the SMU Mustangs brought their 8 game win-streak into East Carolina to face the ECU Pirates, sporting a 7 game win streak themselves. The Pirates would win the toss and elect to receive, but they were forced to punt, and with 4:05 left in the 1st quarter SMU were able to get on the board first as Wood made a 34 yard field goal to give SMU the early lead. That lead would be short lived though, as ECU were able to drive down and on 1st and 10 from the SMU 30 Brad Wornick looked at the defense and saw single coverage on Reese Wiggins, so he audibled to a streak and hoped that Wiggins could make a play.​
    "I just threw it up there and hoped Reese would bring it down. He is a special talent and I had full confidence that if I put it in a good spot he would go and get it"​
    Go and get it is exactly what Wiggins did as he accelerated past the CB in the last 10 yards to grab the ball near the end of the endzone, but was able to get one foot down and come down with the catch to give ECU their first lead of the night at 7-3. The celebrations were short lived however as exactly a minute later SMU were back in the lead as QB Kaiser found Mojica, who was able to get past the FS and run the ball the rest of the way for a 48 yard score. That would be all the scoring in the 1st with SMU leading 10-7​
    The second quarter was all about ECU as they rattled off 17 unanswered points, before SMU were able to respond at the end of the quarter with a touchdown of their own. Brad Wornick would find Price on a 23 yarder before finding Wiggins once again, this time on a 7 yarder to give ECU the 21-10 lead with 2:57 left in the quarter. Then, after the ECU defense was able to snag a fumble off an attempted HB toss, Miller was able to add a 35 yard field goal to stretch the lead to 24-10 with 1:14 left in the half. SMU came onto the field trying to score a touchdown, but with 4 seconds left the field goal unit came on, as SMU apparently was willing to settle for the field goal to end the half....."apparently" being the key word here, as a beautiful fake was pulled off to perfection as Jermaine Johnson caught the 15 yard pass from QB Braden Smith and took it in to stun the home crowd and get SMU back within 7 points heading into the half, trailing 24-17.​
    The second half was all about the defenses on both sides as only 3 points were scored in the entire half, and they were scored by SMU in their 3rd quarter as Chase Wood connected on a 20 yard field goal to narrow the deficit to 4. That would be the closest SMU came as ECU were able to keep the Mustangs out of the endzone and come away with the victory.​
    GG Texas, was certainly a battle!!​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.