Season 3 Chatter

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Oct 18, 2010.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

For starters.. Just wanted to apologize for Season 2 taking so long. Its my job to keep this thing organized and moving at the right schedule, so my bad on causing the long delay. I think we got the best group of guys and the last thing I would want to see is SH breaking up for some sluggish league movement.

That being said.. Here are my thoughts on Season #3:

* Advance schedule: 72 hours max is the written rule. I let that slip more than necessary last season. I think from now on, we need to be less lenient on going over. Especially for CPU games... Here is the new rule I am thinkin: 72 hour max (unless you have a really damn good reason).. and CPU games have a 24 hour max from when the last user game for the week was played (not to exceed the 72 hour mark.) Note that in weeks where there is no user game scheduled, the 72 hour rule would be in effect. Would this just royally offend anyone?

* Content: Lots of good stuff has been posted so far. I think we do some stuff that really sets us apart from alot of other leagues. Would like to see a few more guys contribute a little more. Frisky and I have something awesome coming your way soon!

* Home and Home Schedules: I will be posting a thread for you to make any requests for Season 3 for OOC games. I won't promise everything, but will accomodate what I can.

* Recruiting rules: Do we want to revisit this in the offseason to apply to Season 3?

I want all of you to comment about these thoughts. Again, nothing is set in stone. Just starting to toss some ideas out there. Just wanted to pick all of your brains to try and get everyone on board together.

2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

* Advance schedule: 72 hours max is the written rule. I let that slip more than necessary last season. I think from now on, we need to be less lenient on going over. Especially for CPU games... Here is the new rule I am thinkin: 72 hour max (unless you have a really damn good reason).. and CPU games have a 24 hour max from when the last user game for the week was played (not to exceed the 72 hour mark.) Note that in weeks where there is no user game scheduled, the 72 hour rule would be in effect. Would this just royally offend anyone?

I'm definitely for this and would NOT be royally offended! I think it is a great idea.

As far as recruiting rules, I think recruiting 3 five star qb's is a little ridiculous, but other than that, I'm completely indifferent.

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Lol.. Yeah someone has got to be absolutely nuts to pull a stunt like that

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I agree that the pace needs to be quickened, we also gotta remember that we do have lives outside of TF but I think the fall/winter will have more people indoors when it begins to get cooler throughout the country.

With that said, I'm goin to start to get jam packed. I gotta read and write some papers coming up and focus on this LSAT in December...

I will help contribute but I also run C2C so I try to put most of my content stuff into that league...

Recruiting Rules-- I'm really indifferent about them besides getting pissed off that I can't recruit like some of the elite teams..:(

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I stick to my advance rules pretty hard. I post the schedule after I advance...users have 48 hours to post when they plan on playing if not immediately. If the game isn't scheduled before 48 hours, after 72 hours the week is advanced regardless. If the game is scheduled, but not played...72 hours, I advance. If someone needs more time, I'll listen to the reason.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I'm down for whatever. 72 hours is good for User games.. 24 for CPU.. Kind of pushing it for me. I like to kind of spread my games out.
    I think there should be a limit on recruiting as far as 5*'s go. That is just my opinion though.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I'm good with everything. No limit on 5 stars but i would limit them per position

8. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i dont care.. we are going to be fucking terrible anyway...

9. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

and i think only Nebraska should be able to recruit 5* players... at least til i can get some fucking talent...

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

72 hours is fine. The 24 hour period after the last user game is played to play all CPU games sounds good also. Recruiting, either up it to Heisman, or a 5* limit possibly.

Mike

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Good with everything, I do think we should only recruit to seniors leaving and no buffers.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

As for the advance schedule it would be nice o move quicker but we all know eachother pretty well and as long as everyone can put SH 1st (or 2nd in Noles case, or 2nd or 3rd in Bruce's case). I am happy with that.

Content is always nice to have but I am not a content nazi. If you have someting that you think everyone will like post it up. I don't want anyone just posting content for the sake of posting. That is not a good use of our valuable time.

Even though Bruce has put together the Cast of the Movie 300 over there in Texas I wouldn't like to see a limit on 5 star players. Yeah its Texas, they bring in talent.....but lets face it, its not always about talent. Look at Noles, he is beating us with Kentucky and has starters with 60-70 OVR for God's sake. I think no recruiting restrictions is realistic (besides recruiting senior's leaving only).

13. KnightNoles

lol and you all have my number or most of you do, just get at me.
    I mean, yea I am commish over there but I really like both leagues. I play with my favorite team over there but here I play with my home state, so I like them equal; I just tend to favor C2C since that is where I started and run things.. :thumbsup:

LOL, it all about being in position, strategy and out button pushin your opponent... haha :D

14. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Its not a strict 24 hours every week for CPU games.. It would be a 24 hour deadline after the last user game for the current week was played. So if the the user game was played the first night of the advance, then yeah it would be ~24 hours, but if the user game doesnt happen for 2 days, then you are still sitting at 72 hours.. Make sense?

As far as recruiting, I like what we set for this year.. Which was only recruiting # of seniors and # short of 70 on your roster.. and then not allowed to make any cuts other than walk-ons

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I think the pace rule is good. I know I have slacked on my content, got really busy with work and football being in season, breaking down film and whatnot. I promise I will step it up, I apologize for not living up to the standards of being a member of a premier league. I'm fine with no recruiting limits.

16. KnightNoles

Kentucky Tidbits
    Senior Morgan Newton completed 94/160 passes for 1,968 yards 14 TDs 0 INTs (Rib Injury)​
    Donald Russell returns as the Nation's leading rusher 266 att 1,444 yards 19 TDs​
    WRs will have to be consistent if the run game takes over if not this group needs to step up​
    Departure of AA LB Danny Trevathan, the Cats look to find a new leader on defense​

17. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

After reviewing the total Texas domination on recruiting this year (~27% of the :5stars:).. I looked back over the recruiting discussion we had right at the start of this season, where I proposed this idea:

Sounded like most of you were for this, starting in Season 3.. Is that something we want to try for a season? Limit the total number of :5stars: per team to be 20% of the total available..

Summary:
    * Limit # of :5stars: to 20% of total available
    * Recruiting limit remains the same at: # of seniors + # shy of 70 on roster
    * Can only cut players that have walked on to team
    * Keep recruiting on AA

I know some of you feel like limiting the :5stars: number makes it less fun.. But think about how unfun the game will be 6 seasons in when the few users who can pull in anyone at will are just blowing every user and cpu out of the water

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

That....

Or try Heisman

19. KnightNoles

I'll agree with the proposal

20. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I won't be pulling a :5stars: for probably at least another season or two. So it honestly doesn't matter to me, yet. But, it will matter to me when I am just so completely overmatched by on field talent that playcalling and stick skills can't make up for any of it.

Mike

21. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

don't matter to me.

22. Emmdotfrisk

You know my thoughts Hack. I like Heisman, per our Emmhack test. I don't think I like limiting 5 star recruits tho

23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Check out the recruiting for that test. See how many 5's the top teams brought in. If it's realistic, let's go with that.

24. Emmdotfrisk

In our test dynasty Hack is Texas AM and I am Iowa St. We played an entire season on heisman recruiting. Here are our results...

Iowa State - (Prestige: :2stars:)Recruiting Class - :3stars: 10 , :2stars:5.
    Texas AM - (Prestige: :4stars:) Recruiting Class -

Other classes: :5stars: 31 Total
    Texas: 7
    USC: 5
    Michigan: 3
    Florida: 3
    FSU: 2
    Bama: 2
    Oklahoma: 2
    Va Tech: 2
    tOSU: 1
    Notre Dame: 1