Season 3 Chatter

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Ok guys. Now that the NCG has been played, it is time to start looking into the next season. Before I advance us to the offseason, I want everyone's input. This will be a league check-in as well. See who is still with us. I have had a few ideas floating around in my head. I don't think we play enough users. I think it is too easy for us to get to the National Championship and all. What do you guys think of cutting down on conferences? To either 3 or 4 conferences. Also, what about Non-BCS? I want everyone's input on this. If we change, should we start over?

2. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

I'm down for whatever, and I agree it's way too easy to get to the NCG. Like I said, i'm down for non-BCS or condensing the conferences. Either way I really enjoy this OD, and i'm down for whatever.

3. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

I wouldnt mind cutting down to 3 conferences especially if you go with the smaller ones without championship games because you would have 3 user games in conference and we could add 1 non conference....Pac 10 Big East MWC would fit the bill...or if you want ACC SEC Big 12 we could go with 2 conferences with 6 users in each...starting over would be nice too since I am sure a lot of teams have been ruined by CPU recruiting...imho

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well not just the cpu, but from guys dropping and new guys coming into different teams

5. alemic

alemic Walk On

it doesnt matter to me honestly

6. titangator

titangator Walk On

doesnt matter to me really... but my HONEST opinion is i dont really wanna go non bcs...

7. titangator

titangator Walk On

8. alemic

alemic Walk On

yeah the more i think about it non-BCS only would kind of kill it for me. I mean I will be on board for anything but id like to have the option to BCS teams. Even if we limit them to 2 star teams only

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I think we should drop to 3 conferences. Start over.

Bcs>non bcs

10. titangator

titangator Walk On

bcs WAY>nonbcs

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

ok, well lets narrow it down to BCS Conferences...what conferences would you want to use? give me a 2, 3, and 4 conference option

12. ThePaw

3 BCS conferences....SEC, Big 10, Big 12

13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

PAC-10 big10 big 12

Big 10 sec PAC 10 acc

Sec big 12 acc.

However I think ww should sub Boise, Tcu, Utah, into conference

Boise into big 10 or PAC 10

Tcu big 12 sec acc PAC 10

Utah PAC 10 big 10.

14. titangator

titangator Walk On

those would work... maybe acc instead of big 10... that way we have 3 conferences with title games... we could have 4 users in each conference... 2 on each side...

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Nice counting Arkansas Boy....2 conference, 3 conference, and 4 conference...not 3, 3, 4

There will be no subbing of teams...realism.

16. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Conference setup doesn't bother me to much ...

But I think it be quite interesting to sub

Boise byu Tcu Utah. Into bcs conferences. Would make for more exciting conferences and help keep them out ofthw title every year

17. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I dont want 2 conf set up...therefore no 2 conf pic from me :)

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Boise is really the only team that makes a run at the NCG during OD's...we'd do what we do in SH...someone every year plays Boise.

19. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Sounds good. I was typing the other reply whe. U said no the first time

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Im still not keen on putting them into BCS conferences...sorry, I just want to keep things as real as possible....lets start hearing from everyone else.

21. slim

slim Walk On

really like this idea. i'm definitely in favor of condensing conferences. it will be fun to compete on the field and in recruiting with other users.

22. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Agreed. Sec acc big 12

23. alemic

alemic Walk On

why not throw in the Big 10 instead of the ACC... more competition and tougher games honestly... Michigan State would be my pick lol

24. ThePaw

I think non-BCS conferences would be a mistake. Mainly b ecause the teams in those conferences takes atleast 4 or 5 seasons to actually start becoming decent, and with pitches randomly going up and down from year-to-year It would be frustrating recruiting wise. Atleast in a BCS conference you can compete with the big boys from week to week and usually even the worse teams in bcs conferences have better pitches/players than those in a non-bcs conference

25. alemic

alemic Walk On

I can assure you this is the case. I have a one star only dynasty here on TF called Shame to Fame. We are all struggling in recruiting and finding it hard to gain momentum in the season. Even the non BCS conference games are still tough. I had the ability to take over Indiana in season 2 since they dropped down to a one star team, and im finding my season is going far better than anybody elses. It takes a good 9-3 or 8-4 season with a bowl win to get 3 star recruits looking at you, and with tough sliders its very hard to do it. Not saying its not fun, its just a different style of dynasty