Season 3 Coaches Interviews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Oct 8, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

When you guys get a minute, answer the following questions:

1. So two seasons into the dynasty, how do you rate yours and your teams performance so far? Are you where you thought you'd be?

2. Looking back, what's been the biggest moment in the dynasty for you to date?

3. Heading into season 3 how's your team shaping up? Are you finally getting into the system you want to run or are you still in the migration process?

4. In today's game, most coaches only get 3 seasons to prove themselves. If you had these results on the real gridiron, do you think the fan base would be calling for your head or would they be building you a statue?

5. Any recruits from last season or this season ready to breakout in season three?

6. Stanford and MaslerBoros16 has had their way so far in the Pac-12 N. Do you think that continues or does Randy's Huskies answer the call soon?

7. UofCWildcat is coming off a big national title. How many more do you think he wins?

8. jello1717 is back in the saddle full tilt and now has a 5th star. Think he starts owning the recruiting trail and making arizona his bitch this season?

9. Do you think Nautica will have another great season this year or will he be devestated by the loss of his sack master DE?

10. edge7771 Not sure if Jeff Scott came back for his senior year. If so, does he dominate or if he left, does Ole Miss have the depth in the stables to replace him?

11. @darkwingduck - think he'll ever be able to win a user vs user game?

12. Is blLL flo struggling due to his immaturity at Georgia? He's only 27 ya know :) Do you think he'll win a title in season 3 or 4 considering he pulled the #1 recruiting class in season 1?

13. Do you think either of the Michigan schools (@jcspartan2 and Big Suge Knight) will ever win their division again? Last year was pretty sad seeing Nebraska dominate like that. Now the black shirts get a new OC. Look out! Oh, and who's noticed the stud QB's Michigan has??? I'm jealous.

14. Last but not least, dakota7, wisconsin vs Northwestern. Will the tide ever turn in this one? Will Wisconsin ever play to it's full potential? Will Northwestern ever get the chance to win their first conference championship in school history?

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

When you guys get a minute, answer the following questions:

1. So two seasons into the dynasty, how do you rate yours and your teams performance so far? Are you where you thought you'd be?

Better than I thought, we've made two Pac-12 CCG already, though we haven't won then so I would give us an A- for performance, the only blemishes are the CCG losses. I am above what I thought I would be, did not expect my team to do so well in Season 2.

The recruiting class I've pulled in this year.

3. Heading into season 3 how's your team shaping up? Are you finally getting into the system you want to run or are you still in the migration process?

We have alot of young players who are going to progress well. I have probably lost my strong running game, so I would say this is a down year for the Cardinal.

4. In today's game, most coaches only get 3 seasons to prove themselves. If you had these results on the real gridiron, do you think the fan base would be calling for your head or would they be building you a statue?

I can hear chisels somewhere around here...

5. Any recruits from last season or this season ready to breakout in season three?

Not sure, none have got the chance to prove themselves.

6. Stanford and MaslerBoros16 has had their way so far in the Pac-12 N. Do you think that continues or does Randy's Huskies answer the call soon?

It will continue

7. UofCWildcat is coming off a big national title. How many more do you think he wins?

None if I can help it ;)

8. jello1717 is back in the saddle full tilt and now has a 5th star. Think he starts owning the recruiting trail and making arizona his bitch this season?

He can own the Arizona trail all he wants, the Cali trail is still mine.

9. Do you think Nautica will have another great season this year or will he be devestated by the loss of his sack master DE?

Nautica always plays tough, don't expect the loss of one player to ruin the team.

10. edge7771 Not sure if Jeff Scott came back for his senior year. If so, does he dominate or if he left, does Ole Miss have the depth in the stables to replace him?

All about stick skills, if he is back yes. If not, yes they probably have an ample replacement.

11. Darkwing - think he'll ever be able to win a user vs user game?

If he's get his shit fixed, sure its possible.

12. Is blLL flo struggling due to his immaturity at Georgia? He's only 27 ya know :) Do you think he'll win a title in season 3 or 4 considering he pulled the #1 recruiting class in season 1?

Only time will tell.

13. Do you think either of the Michigan schools (@jcspartan2 and Big Suge Knight) will ever win their division again? Last year was pretty sad seeing Nebraska dominate like that. Now the black shirts get a new OC. Look out! Oh, and who's noticed the stud QB's Michigan has??? I'm jealous.

They both have a fair chance, of course I'd like to see MSU make some noise but wouldn't be surprised nor disappointed to finally see Suge getting some glory.

14. Last but not least, dakota7, wisconsin vs Northwestern. Will the tide ever turn in this one? Will Wisconsin ever play to it's full potential? Will Northwestern ever get the chance to win their first conference championship in school history?

Again all about stick skills...as for Northwestern, they will get their chance but I don't see it happening this year.

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Our team got off to a poor start during year 1 due to things that were out of our hands. Year 2 we played much better and got our 5* back that we lost. We would have liked to have avoided the slow start and the step back so that was something we didn't expect. We've had a pretty good go of it recruiting, but 5 unexpected players leaving threw us off a bit.

Signing the #1 class the first year. It was important to set up a good foundation for the dyansty.

We have some good pieces in place but will still need to find a few play makers to lead this team.

I think they would be happy with the direction this team is taking. They expect season 3 to be just as good and will really start to judge the coach in years 4 and 5 when his recruits are all on campus.

Lookout for last years #1 WR Andrew Tompkins. He goes from #4 to #1 on the depth chart this year. Also going from #4 to #1 on the depth chart is CB Shannon Stone, the #4 ATH last year.

Randy's team needs some consistency so they can compete on the recruiting trail and build that into stiffer competition for Masler.

If user games get fixed, 0. If not, maybe 1.

He better concentrate on California if he wants to dominate recruiting. Maybe a no huddle fix will give him and edge over UofC as well.

I doubt he loses to the cpu.

Ole Miss will need Scott to have a big year if they want to take out Arkansas in the West. That will be a big game in determining who goes to the SEC title game.

Not vs UGA.

The class we pull in 2013 will go a long way in how quickly the Bulldogs take home some hardware.

I think MSU could struggle after losing to of their HBs. It's up to UM to win the division this year but he has to avoid some turnovers that seem to plague him.

Give NU some time and they will catch up with the Badgers. I expect the game to be very tight every year, and wouldn't be surprised if NU pulls any upsets.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

We've done very well thus far with a conference championship and 2 top 20 finishes. In terms of personnel, we've got a very, very long ways to go there.

Beating MaslerBoros16 in the inaugural Pac12 CCG.

My team in season2 was garbage. My team in season 3 is going to be even worse. I still haven't been able to even find a QB that I want interested in my team, let alone sign with me. Until I find that guy and some others like him as backups, I can't run my offense like I'd like.

After 2 top20 finishes, my job's very safe.

None. The closest I would've had was HB Carlos Warren, but he was unhappy with his lack of playing time in his true FR season so he transferred to Air Force. Even had he stayed, he still wouldn't have gotten enough PT to be a major factor.

Stanford's team started too strong and is continuing to stay strong. @randiesle75 doesn't stand a shot for quite a while.

None.

I will own the recruiting trails. If there's ever anyone worth a damn in AZ I'll get him, but I always recruit the players I want and not the states that I want (I've signed 14 guys this year, but not a single 1 from AZ). As far as on the field goes, I should be able to compete with Arizona, but am a long ways from making them my bitch. It'll be at least a couple of years before I'm able to start putting studs on the field.

Sadly, for a lot of users, player ratings don't matter. They put up ridiculous numbers with completely average to sub par players so it wouldn't matter if Nautica had a cheerleader playing DE, he'd still put up stupid numbers with the DE.

Jeff Scott returns and will dominate. edge7771 also signed the #1 HB who was like the #1 or #2 over player in this year's class so he'll be fine the following year too.

Probably not until he gets his connection fixed, but with the upgrade to Heisman sliders, his team will be a lot more competitive this season.

No. Nautica constantly bitches about how Georgia is unstoppable when they get their 6th star, but Arkansas got that 6th star this year and I see them dominating the SEC for a while.

Obviously, I couldn't care less about Big Suge Knight 's QB as he's too slow, but MSU or UofM will get many CCG berths from here on out.

No. Wisconsin will continue to outman the wildcats and just bully them year after year after year after year.......

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Its hard to exactly pin down how we've done. Technically, we've won back to back B1G championships but have lost back to back Rose Bowls. We have taken some hard losses in the virtual world, games we feel if they would have been decided on the gridiron may have turned out differently. But sometimes that's how it goes.

Definitely our undefeated 2012 B1G season and championship. Some will say we had a soft schedule, but you have to play the teams on your schedule and there's nothing we can do about it.

We've had 2 outstanding recruiting classes so far. Our 2013 team is senior heavy, so expectations will be high.

Back to back B1G championships are rare. Our fans are happy with the success we've had.

Tight End Korey Ball had a supporting role in 2012, catching 21 balls for 330 yards and 4 tds. We expect his numbers to double this year.

Washington is a year away.

I'll take the under.

The Pac-12 is on notice. ASU is for real.

I'm sure there will be another DE who can step up and fill those shoes.

Based on our research at Wisconsin, Ole Miss has the best incoming freshman and he plays running back.

Tennessee needs to upgrade its equipment first.

Georgia is a sleeping giant, but will struggle to win any championships until they fix their technical problems.

Michigan is for real. They will be ok.................MSU?...I'm not so sure about!

(y)

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Season 1, OK but we missed some opportunities with a slow start. Season 2, quite a few young guys in some key positions. My biggest problem has been inconsistency with my gameplay.
    The win against Michigan State is a big one for us and came at a key point of the season but we were not able to capitalize on it.
    We are looking OK. I think my offensive philosphy is coming together. Defensively we are in good shape from a philospohy standpoint but losing Kovacs, Campbell and Jones is tough.
    Season 1 may have both me some equity but season 2 negated most of that.
    At 6'6 Muse should be a force at WR along with the other WRs from last years class (Branch, Williams and Douglas). I was hoping Riley played better so it will be interesting to see where this year's stud Turner comes in rated. The OL guys need to come in rated well to mix with the handful of returning guys.
    I give Randy a couple seasons before he is challenging in that division.
    I am going to give him some bulletin board material and say 1 at most. See below
    Jello is a recruiter but having 20 something spots to fill is insane for anyone. I do like his chances of making some noise on the recrutiing trail.
    Nautica will be fine. Maybe not as great a season but he will contend in the conference and likely nationally.
    replacing a great back is always hard so he may lose some traction but I think he will rebound quick enough.
    Win yes but completing is a requirement to get the W
    Bill will start getting the fruits of his recruiting to produce soon enough but great recruiting does not always mean W's on the field.
    I believe UM or MSU will get to the CCG this year as we should be over the QB issues that plagues us both during '12.
    The Badgers have such an edge in this one from a talent stanpoint but I look for the 'Cats to jump and bite the Badgers in the next year or two.

GO BLUE!!!

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

9. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I have only played Northwestern and it was a very tough W. Whisky has the team but needs to go up early and control the ball.

10. jello1717

Engrish prease?

• Like Like x 1
  11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think it means "Wisconsin will continue to dominate that series"

12. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Not perfect but how's that? Note to self Gammar Nazi is trolling the board.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jello1717

In all honesty, I still can't figure out what you were trying to say. You said you've only played NW and it was a difficult win, but I have no clue what you're saying about Wisconsin.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Looks like he was trying to say has the team to do it, just needs to take control and keep control

15. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I'm the FNG with only a half year on the job so I'll default on this

Talking my stud RB Rajion Neal to stay for his senior season.

It's still going to be about 3 years until this program is championship caliber. It was a pathetic recruiting situation I was thrown into.

I led the team to 4-2 with a close bowl game loss. I hope the fans aren't ok with losing that's the wrong culture. So we'll move on and continue to improve.

Redshirt freshman 6'6" WR Steve Burns looks to make an impact in the all upper classman corps as he will battle fellow 80 overall wideouts Vincent Dallas and Matt Milton for the 3rd slot.

Stanford rolls. I've never been one to believe much football is played in the state of Washington

A blind squirrel finds the nut occasionally. I don't see Arizona sticking around at the top.

Yes. + The girls are a little better looking but that's like picking between a Benz and a Beamer.

He'll survive, it's a team game. Unless you lose a QB (see my Buckeyes or the Colts lol)

The Rebels go 8-4, solid season.

No comment. Though I believe in the calm before the storm ;)

He definitely should have the talent for it but there's always coaches like Charlie Weis.

Hate to say it be the Wolverines will be back. Like the crazy ex-girlfriend you never what to see again but you know it's inevitable.

Sure the Wildcats will pull one out. This is football and things rarely go according to planned.

16. Darkwing

17. jello1717

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was on World's Dumbest Hillbillies. This clip was of a couple from Kentucky I think where she was going on and on about the A-Rab Barrack Hussein Obama and just sounding red necky as hell. At the end, the dude with her spoke and he was exactly as intelligible as the dude from Waterboy and I just about pissed myself I was laughing so hard!

Skip ahead to the 1:20 mark to hear this dude.

I fucking LOVEthis guy!

18. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Personally, I thought season 1 was close to par. Unfortunately nobody else did and we lost a star. Season 2 greatly exceeded expectations. During week 1, I looked at my schedule and said I have to win these games to get to a bowl game. In the end the Wildcats won 9 games and got that third star back. Overall I hoped we'd be a 4 star program by now, but that may take a couple more seasons.

The biggest moment hands down was beating MSU in a landslide. Going on the road against the #3 (IIRC) school in the nation and taking the Sparty's to the shed is probably a win that will forever be remembered by the Wildcat fan base......and the Spartan one too.

The roster is just beginning to take shape. Due to the 2 star prestige I haven't been able to get the caliber of player I want. However, I've still been getting the type of guys I need. I'm really impressed with the class I put together as a two star program. They won't receive many awards from Rivals and will likely go unnoticed by most, but that class has the building blocks of what NU football is going to be about. I'm probably a season away from being full bore into the spread offense and 3-4 defense I want to run. I'll definitely be using more of my style this season than last though.

I think the fan base is on edge. I've gotten the Wildcats to consecutive bowl games making it 5 in a row for the school. NU's only been to 12 bowl games ever. Unfortunately though, the university has only managed one win in those 12. The fan base may be getting a little restless with watching their team get beat on NYD so hopefully I can change that this season.

There's a couple. Ath/QB Calvin Doucette - The kids made some improvements over the offseason that may get him on the football field. The RS FS could add an extra element to my attack and as the QB of our future it's important he get his feet wet this year. He certainly has the potential to open the offense up a bit with his feet. Unfortunately he still has a ways to go with his accuracy.

HB Kellen Williams Juco RS JR - Williams made such an impact this spring that he caused me to move last years #2 HB Adonis "Slasher" Smith to the WR position. Smith was no slouch, but Williams clearly has unseated him this offseason. He brings a bigger burst of speed to the lineup than Smith had and will really compliment Trumpy in my backfield. Shane Dodd JUCO RS SO may also see some PT in the backfield. This kid was a big get as I was able to wrestle him away from Arkansas in season 1.

Having done Washington's offseason duties this year, I'd say the Huskies still have a ways to go. Coach Randy needs to find more consistency in his schedule to really give his Huskies a chance. All it takes is a little pressure and Stanford's ball coach will snap like a twig. Take the Pac-12 CCG for example. One close game and rumors started swirling regarding his resignation.

None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

This is scary. For all those that think it isn't, that's silly talk. There isn't a harder working coach in the nation than this guy. That 5th star is going to be huge.....if he could just get that QB he so desperately covets.

Bill's comment here takes the cake. It'll be interesting to see if the Hogs find another DE of that guys caliber. That's typically a once in a generation kind of guy.

Pound for pound, there isn't a bigger pain in the ass than Jeff Scott. How he's remained so durable is beyond me. Now with the stables filling up in Mississippi, I think Ole Miss could really start pushing for SEC Championships.

DUDE GET YOUR INTERNET FIXED!!!

There aren't many 27 year old HC's out there but Bill's one of the good ones. He's in a hot bed for recruits and with the Florida schools struggling, he should have his way on the recruiting trails in the SE. The only one that can hold him down at this point is Arkansas. I think he could easily grab a title or two in the coming seasons.

Clearly this is an ambiguous question. Michigan and MSU will undoubtedly get their shots at the B1G title. It's nice to see Nebraska give them a run though and hopefully they can keep that up. I'd put Michigan ahead i this race right now though considering what they've done on the recruiting trail. Suge just needs to make sure he gets his guys to play at or above their potential rather than playing down to their competition. (Wasn't that a curse of the Spartan's for so many years?)

The purple and black are coming!!!

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think that the old man is going to teach the youngster a lesson until NW can get some talent. But NW is competitive no matter who they have.

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Really nice to come home to this news, but at least I know where I stand.

21. Darkwing

To The E: I'm days away from reaching an agreement with Dyson and they're going to patent my connection (y)

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Now don't go pissing off GoGators you asshole@!

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

Thats hilarious. But at the same time depressing to know I live within the same borders with people such as those.....I feel bad for KnightNoles, I hope not everyone in KY is like that..

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thankfully this isn't a sticky, so i should be solid. I've had like 10 opportunities in the stickies but in the metaphorical sense, I held my tounge