Season 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by mmorgan184, Mar 7, 2013.

1. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Week 1 Review:

Joe Flacco leads the NFL with 438 yards passing. Not far behind is rookie Warren Harris with 435 yards.

Arian Foster leads the NFL with 228 rushing yards. Let's see if he can stay healthy this season.

Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer of the Dallas Cowboys are tied for the lead league with 5 sacks each. What a tremendous way to start the season.

TE Jimmy Graham had 4 touchdowns and 245 yards receiving.

MLB John Lugo had 15 tackles.

Chris Culliver of Jacksonville had 2 interceptions.

The Seattle Seahawks held the Buccaneers to just 16 yards rushing while the Texans had exactly 300 yards rushing.

The New Orleans Saints earned a win over the defending division champion Falcons in coach medicis debuts.

The Cardinals and rookie QB Ron Dunson with new head coach RRahx2 almost pulled off the upset over the 49ers if not for a controversial holding call in the final quarter.

The Saints had the highest point total in the week with 47, followed by the Patriots with 45.

The Houston Texans gave up the lowest point total of 6 to the Jets, with the next lowest being the Buffalo Bills scoring 7 in their opening drive against the Dolphins only to never sniff the end zone again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

In addition, despite the loss the Cowboys racked up 10 sacks against the Redskins.

3. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

How do you get 10 sacks in one game and lose? :eek:

4. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

That's what I thought too! RG3 also had three picks if I'm not mistaken.

5. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Romo and RG3 had 3 picks each. Looks like it was just a crazy game.

6. Boman5

Boman5 Walk On

Who is this year's sleeper?

7. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Cardinals, Bengals

Bengals record last year doesn't reflect what they can do. Cards under new management and performed well in week one against top 5 team!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Sleeper picks for me will be the Lions, Jags, and Cards.

9. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Out of the AFC I would say sleepers are Jags, Bengals, Jets. Jags are very good, but just were the odd man out in a tough division last year. Bengals I don't think are a sleeper per say as last year could have been a fluke season. The Jets supposedly have a nice leader at the helm in their new coach, but are playing in arguably the toughest division in the NFL.

NFC is probably Saints, Cards, and Lions. The Saints sent out a message with a huge performance in week 1, but the Falcons are lacking at the QB position. The Cards are arguably the most improved team from last season, with a new HC and over 20 new guys on their roster. Plus, anytime you have the #1 pick in the draft you tend to create alot of buzz. The Lions have traditionally been strong under Coach Elemnt, but last season could either be a fluke like the Bengals, or point to a power shift in the NFC North.

Great thread mmorgan184

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boman5

Boman5 Walk On

I like the Colts and Jags out of the AFC (AFC South favoritism (y)) There is talent in Jax and I think after another year together those guys will start coming together. I think Colts will surprise a lot of people this season as well.

From the NFC, look for the Lions and Cards. Elemnt was dominate in Carolina so I think with the right personnel, he can be very dangerous again and RRAH is a proven coach who is taking over a team who struggled recently but they still have weapons.

11. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Couldnt stop Fred Davis or the QB choice...anytime he needed a big play on 3rd down he got it...was unable to run the ball and control the clock when I had the lead...didnt convert very well on 3rd down myself...I could probably continue...The Rulah and I have had some good games recently, I enjoy playing him and one of these times I am going to get the job done

• Like Like x 2
  12. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Don't sleep on the Cowboys!!!!!

13. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

...look at the Bengals getting some respect in this thread.. don't sleep on us! :)

14. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

will there be an update to each week mmorgan184?

15. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Packers officially 2-1 on the season heading into their bye week and surprisingly they are giving their 4th round draft pick the start at QB based off of his recent performance and chemistry he showed on the field. Rogers has been a real wild card ever since he heard that coach Mackie does not want him around anymore and has appeared to drop his effort on the practice field and it is showing in his games. This could turn out into a real hasty situation if this decision back fires on coach Mackie.

16. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

I'm going to try my best to highlights the best and worst performances of each week.

17. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Week 2:

The Bengals and Chiefs both achieved 5 sacks as a team.

The Saints' Rookie QB Warren Harris leads the NFL in passing with over 781 yards putting him on pace for over 6000 yards while Texans RB Arian Foster is on pace for over 2200 yards rushing this season. I personally don't think these will hold up.

The 49ers scored 51 points against the Falcons while the Jets were shutout by the Raiders in a pitiful effort. (I know it's a CPU team but doing this takes time and I don't feel like going through and finding out which games were user vs user games.)

The Raiders had 232 rushing yards while the Ravens could only muster 4.

Eric Rancour of the Atlanta Falcons and Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco Giants combined to throw for 748 yards in their game.

QB Wade Schumacher of the Cleveland Browns was responsible for 3 interceptions in a 27-20 loss to the Chiefs.

In 2 games against the Packers and Lions, the Vikings have held two of the best QBs in the league to a total of 227 passing yards.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

19. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

I'm way behind on this, but I'll catch up with week 6 on saturday night.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

See you slores later! Hope I have a chance to make a playoff run still after my vacation. Thankfully I have a bye over the time. Uhg! Have a great week all!

• Like Like x 3