Season 3 DRAFT INFO HERE!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Season 3 DRAFT INFO HERE!

DAY: Sunday, May 2nd
    TIME: 4:00pm EST
    WHERE: AIM Chatroom(s)

DRAFT TEAM
    Emcee: Dunlap
    Timer: Claven
    Draft Book Updates: Frisk
    Draft List: Jeremy
    Manual Rookie Additions: Nate
    Other Board Members: Mustang, Weblink, Sammy

FIND THE DRAFT DATABASE HERE: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...pcHhSU0E&hl=en

Ok guys, we will be conducting this years draft via AIM Chat. We will start at 4:00 sharp with the 1st pick. How this will work is we will all be in the same chatroom on AIM. This mean you must download and install the full up to date version of AIM. No AIM Express or meebo type services will work.

1) The Emcee (Dunlap) will inform you of what pick is currently on the clock, and what team is currently on the clock.

2) The Timer (Claven) will then keep a clock....he will give 30 and 10 second warnings. You will be expected to make your picks in the allotted time. If you do not make it in time you will be skipped and have a chance again after the next person picks.

3) You announce your pick via chat saying "(TEAM NAME) takes QB- Seneca Wallace, 72ovr". Dunlap will verify this pick in chat once it is confirmed by replying with a similar response.

4) Once your pick is complete Frisk will keep the Rookie Book in google docs updated by deleting rookies who have been chosen. Jeremy will also be keeping an updated thread with all of the picks shown.

5) We move on to the next pick and go back to step #1.

-------------------------------------------------------------

DRAFT RULES

A) Our draft will be 5 rounds. All other rookies will be released into the FA pool.

B) Draft Clock: 1st Round (1:30), 2nd Round :)60), 3rd-5th Rounds :)30)

C) Trades are allowed, and will reset the draft clock if the current pick is traded.

D) NO chatting in the room will be tolerated except by the Emcee and the person who is currently picking. This will make it much easier for the eveybody to follow what is going on! If you have a question, send a message outside of the draft room.

E) If you can't make it to the draft, please submit a detailed draft board to a board member so we can make the best picks possible for you. If you don't submit a draft list, you might not be happy with who we pick for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NEW OMFL RULE - ROOKIE CONTRACTS

This year the OMFL is implementing a fun new rule that will more realistically mimmick real NFL Rookie contracts. Every player drafted in the first round will automatically be signed to a certain value depending on the position they are drafted. This ONLY applies to the first round.

Picks 1-5: 15 Points
    Picks 6-10: 12 Points
    Picks 11-20: 10 Points
    Picker 21-32: 8 Points

In other words, if I have pick #2 I can draft whoever I want but they will ALWAYS sign for a 15 point contract no matter their rating. Pick #32 will always sign for an 8 point rating.

We are doing this for a couple of reasons. First, it more resembles the NFL when high drat choices are being given big contracts! Secondly, it will help stem some of the ridiculous trading we have seen by teams trying to get those top 10 draft choices. You want to trade up, thats fine.....but realize you are going to have a rookie who expects a big payday in the top 10! Just like the real NFL boys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Example of how the draft will work in AIM Chat.....

Dunlap
    (4:05:00 PM): 1st Round, 3rd Pick. Ravens on the clock.

Claven
    (4:06:00 PM): 30 seconds left to pick.

Weblink
    (4:06:18 PM): Ravens select QB Pendejo Grande, 84ovr

Dunlap
    (4:06:55 PM): Ravens have selected QB Pendejo Grande, 84 OVR
    (4:07:10 PM): 1st Round, 4th Pick. Packers now on the Clock.

Claven
    (4:08:10 PM): 30 seconds left to pick.
    (4:08:30 PM): 10 seconds left to pick.

Jethro
    (4:08:38 PM): Packers select P-Aryoo Kiddinmee, 56 ovr

Dunlap
    (4:08:55 PM): Packers select P- Aryoo Kiddinmee, 56 ovr
    (4:09:10 PM): 1st Round, 5th Pick. Buccaneers on the clock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The draft should last approximately 3 hours, perhaps faster depending on how quickly owners pick. We will take 5 minute breaks between each round. The best advice I can give everybody is to come prepared! Have those draft war rooms ready and those draft boards planned. If you can't make it, give one of the board members the most detailed draft board you can make and I promise we will do our best to get you what you want.

Should be fun. Remember to download the full AIM version. See you Sunday at 4:00 EST.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

great job dunlap

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

very nice, lets do this.... LEEROYYY JENKINS

4. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

This rule has really grown on me. I like it alot. Especially now that im not in the top 10 anymore lol

5. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

same here, sammy

6. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

by the way that hyperlink is bad to the draft database...

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

8. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Wow...even have the potentials up there...wheres the fun in that?

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

when will the draft room be open? I think I have the correct version of AIM installed, but I'd like to make sure before the draft gets rolling

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets