Season 3 End of the Year Team Stats

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by briosu99, Oct 11, 2012.

1. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Two tabs on the above spreadsheet.

NOTABLES
    • This year defense does NOT win championships. The two teams national championship, South Carolina and Wisconsin had the two worst defenses from a yardage standpoint and at or near the bottom in points allowed.
    • Wisconsin was interesting all the way around. Also finishing with the most points per game but the least first downs.
    • Northwestern had the opposite formula, to someone lesser success.They had the most yards, but the least points and the best defense from a total yards standpoint.
    • Michigan had some amazing stats:least passing yards, more than balanced by only 6 sacks allowed, only 22 turnovers allowed.On defense: less than 1000 rushing yards allowed and less than 200 points allowed.They also only allowed opponents to even enter the red zone 27 times, allowing less than 10 TD and a miserly 63% opponent red zone conversion percentage…wow.Too bad all this didn’t translate into more wins.
    • Florida rarely got into the red zone offensively, but if they did, they were almost guaranteed to score, in fact, only two times ALL SEASON did they not get at least some points in the red zone.
    • If Oregon entered the red zone, they were going for broke and were scoring a TD or nothing at all.
    • On the other side of the coin, Northwestern was pretty awful in the RZ, only scoring a little more than every 3 out of 4 times.
    • Speaking of Oregon, they only lost 1 fumble the entire season, and South Carolina didn’t recover one single fumble on defense all season.
    • Ohio State killed themselves with turnovers…as usual.
    • And finally, if you made it into the red zone against Wisconsin or Arkansas…you could count on scoring.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Looking at my stats earlier I had my most balanced offense ever. My passing v. rushing yardage was only a 93 yard difference and I had 30 passing touchdowns and 30 rushing touchdowns.

3. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Wow, very cool look at things. Can't believe my D, was able to hold things down really well, even though I have no explosive players, exemplified by the fact I had 10 fewer sacks than the next guy, and practically half of most. Usually my D in this game revolves around creating pressure, so using this style for success surprises me a bit. Those D stats also help show that a 3-4 defense that uses quite a bit of zone can be pretty successful in this game, fewest pass yards allowed by quite a few.

Offensively, ouch. Didn't think I was that weak, but it makes sense since my gameplan was basically try to get a lead and then hold on tight. Not sure that is going to get any better as I lose my top O players.

4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

this is probably my favorite thing to see every season.

Interesting about first downs because I didn't have a bunch of "big plays" this season. Receivers weren't fast enough to run streaks vs legit teams so I can't blame that. My defense was sorry as hell. I want to say it'll be better this year, but no guarantee's. My defense gave up a lot of yardage but I also picked off a bunch of shit so it saved me.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Geez. We sure did throw the ball around the yard this year. How the shit did AJ Hart MN only get sacked 6 times? That has to be a misprint..

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Nope, I don't fuck around looking for the 60yd TD pass every play. Ironically, 4 of the 6 sacks came against Iowa and 2 were in the 4th quarter when I had to leave and let it be simmed. I'm a dink and dunk offense but it proves very valuable against users cuz I'm used to throwing quickly and most users like to blitz quite a bit so I'm prepared to make reads and throw it quickly.

7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Over/Under 3 sacks when I come to the big house this year?

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

As long as Stanford is on my schedule, you can play the Wolverines.. And you sacking me 3 times?? Seeing I wasn't sacked in any of my user games this season, I would have to take the under.

9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I was 1 of those user games, and I can't get sacks.