Season 3 Expectations

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Oct 3, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 3 Expectations

Answer and discuss the following:

Also feel free to add any other questions.

1. What are your expectations/goals for your team this season?

2. After week 1, what grade would you give your team?

3. Who's your favorite for the BCS this season?

4. What game is circled on your calendar?

5. What are the big areas you'll need to address in recruiting this season?

6. How will Michigan St fare after losing their shot at a BCS game late last season?

7. Will Nebraska make it to the Big 12 CG and will they have a shot at winning?

8. How many games will Baylor win? Will RGIII play in or miss more games?

9. How do you think Ohio St, Florida, Miami, & Auburn will fare trying to replace their QBs this season?

10. Will there be a fall off at Michigan as Coach Suge takes over after coach Jello's long tenure?

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

To win The Big Ten. If you do that, usually everything else works itself out.

B+, I was happy with two of the three phases of the game.

Texas, good talent, good coaching

Michigan State. I don't think I need to explain why.

I need to continue to reload the talent here, so everywhere.

6. How will Michigan St fare after losing their shot at a BCS game late last season?

They have a pretty tough schedule, but typically play way above the talent level they have.

Who knows with a rookie coach.

The over under is at 8, for both.

9. How do you think Ohio St, Florida, Miami, & Auburn will fare trying to replace their QBs this season?

I like my chances, Guiton is a talented player, he was behind a great. I think the other three will be OK, they can run the ball.

10. Will there be a fall off at Michigan as Coach Suge takes over after coach Jello's long tenure?

If there is a drop off, it won't be because of talent, Jello left the cupboards full.

3. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

(y)

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'll be able to do mine at lunch tomorrow at work. Good thread Gators!

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'd expect to get to the Big 12 title game and compete for a spot in the BCS title game. Whether we get there, who knows, but the talent is there to make a run, especially on defense.

Offense - B+, Defense - A. The team played about as well as expected. The offensive lines pass protection (7 sacks allowed to a bad Northwestern defense) prevents the offense from getting an A grade.

I think the winner of the Bama/Texas week 2 game is the odds on favorite for one of the spots in the title game. After that, I think that Michigan and Miami are about equally likely to get to the title game as well. For now, I'll go with Bama, that team is loaded.

I don't really like to 'circle' a game and put too much importance on one matchup, but the game with Alabama is huge for both teams.

In the conference, the key game is vs Dre's Baylor Bears. If I win that then I need to only worry about taking care of business vs the CPU to get in the Big 12 title game.

I need to get some skill position talent at HB and WR. I'd also like to pick up some CB's and some help at DT.

If JC can win the Big 12 title vs two far more talented teams at Michigan and OSU, then give that man the Coach of the Year award. I think he drops both of those games and finishes with 2 or 3 losses while he builds for his next run.

If Perry fails to get to the Big 12 title game I'll be shocked. Once the ball is rolled out, you never know what can happen, but I've played Perry and wouldn't ever count him out of a game.

I think RGIII stays healthy all year and Dre wins one of his user games, I just hope it isn't in week 5.

I think Miami, OSU and Florida will be ok, since they have a ton of talent on defense. Auburn will need to rely on their 3 stud HB's to shoulder the load for a young QB and defense.

That Michigan team is arguable the 2nd most talented team in the nation, behind Alabama. If Suge wants a Big 10 title, the time is now. I think that Michigan/OSU game at years end will match up 2 top 5 teams and be for not only the Big 10 title, but a possible chance at the BCS crown.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'd say thats a very good assessment. I hope to be able to beat one of those two teams, but my team lost almost every starter on offense so it's going to be a rough ride.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

- After last season, anything short of challenging for the big ten title would be a disappointment. But realistically, with all the talent I lost, a 9-win season and a january 1st bowl game would be a success.

A B. The defense played a lot better than expected, but the offense is going to take its lumps this season. Way too many dropped passes and missed blocking assignments to give this unit an A, despite it's production.

Miami. Coach Hova is just too tough to beat. I know he has a tough schedule, that culminates in a trip to East Lansing to play yours truly, but Hova is tough to beat regardless of talent level. I certainly don't have the firepower to pull the upset this year.

Michigan in Ann Arbor. New Coach at Umich will add intrigue to an already intense rivalry.

Offense. I do not have a receiver over 80 overall after loosing my top 5 to graduation. I have only 1 legitimate TE, and the O-line depth needs to be adressed in anticipation of key graduations. QB and HB should be ok for the next few seasons though.

Hopefully we will be a surprise team and pull some major upsets, but I don't see it happening. With my running game I will be able to hold onto leads, but if I fall behind it's going to be tough to come back without any viable receivers.

No question nebraska makes it there, but it's going to be a tough one to win.

I'll give Baylor 8 wins. The talent level isn't near the top of the Big12, though I here coach Dre is a young talent. RGIII will play the whole season, mark it down.

I think Miami will struggle the most as they have the weakest running game in my mind. I could be wrong though. Auburn will make the smoothest transition because they don't rely on the pass to win games.

I don't think there will be a fall off, but its going to be a radical change. I compare this to Rich Rod taking over for Carr. Jello was always a very calculated player while Suge is a risk taker. I think you see Michigan putting up more eye-popping statistics but they may loose a shocker here and there. Regardless, Suge and Michigan have the ability to win every game they play.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

BCS Title, but we will take a BCS Bowl and an ACC title repeat

Defense A, Offense B. Offense looks pretty mediocre, defense looks awesome

I think Texas goes undefeated and gets a spot for sure

Gotta be Florida St, that will get me to the ACC title game with a victory

DT, LB, WR. I need WRs bad

I think he will have no more than 2 losses, still may pull a big ten title

Ya for sure, I hope he can knock off Texas!

Baylor wins 10 games this year, RGII plays THREE games Max, you heard it here first

Ohio St and Florida will be fine, Miami and Auburn will need the run games to do work

I hope so haha jk

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

This season I expect another 10 wins. We got their last year, but looking back at the schedule, there could have been a few more. Our goal every year is to win our division and play for an ACC championship.

B. We played a solid game and got an important win, but we didn't play the perfect game and we still have a few question marks.

Texas. They showed last year they have the talent and coaching to get the job done. NFL scouts will be drooling with the talent on the field for their week 2 game with 'Bama, but I think Texas will pull it out in the end.

Week 11 @ FSU. The last two seasons, the winner of this game has represented the division in the ACC championship. FSU will be ready after last season, so this game will be tough.

We've built a lot of depth with our last class. This season we are looking for some guys who can come in and make an impact right away.

MSU has apparently lost a lot of their talent, and I think it will be hard for them to compete with Ohio State and Michigan talent wise. I do think they will be back soon, because they showed last year when the pieces are in place they are very good.

I think the 1 point wake up/scare in week 1 was just what Nebraska needed. They can't take any of their CPU lightly, but should be able to win the B12 North. However, beating Texas will be a taller task and Nebraska may be a year or two away from that.

I think Baylor will finish 9-3 on the season, with a chance for 10 wins in the bowl. I think RG3 will play in every game, and have his best game vs Nebraska.

I think Ohio State and Florida will be fine. I think Auburn will have some trouble and maybe lose a game or two when they need comeback and they QB can't deliver. I think Miami will have the biggest troubles (see 2010 when Harris was injured). Harris was awesome last year, but Hova has a great defense and already knows how to play without Harris.

No fall off in Ann Arbor. I think Coach Suge will see more success on the field, but less on the recruiting trail. It will be an exciting season none the less!

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I expect nothing short of a Big XII North title. Even with the changeover to a new defense and not much depth I feel we can have an injury free season.

Projected Regular Season Record: 9-3

We're a B+ or B at the least. Cody Green showed some poise and Martinez had some good plays as well. Burkhead will eventually break out and even though the defense didn't record any sacks they will come.

With the team they have the favorite has to be Texas. Coach Dru is solid and doesn't make a habit out of mistakes.

Depends on what week we're in (chuckles). We are taking every game one week at a time. Florida will be tough and we expect Baylor to be a thorn in our side. Like I said they we will take every game and evaluate each team as we get to them.

Mainly skill guys. We lose some receivers and we'll lose a good running back but we need guys every where for depth and some guys that can play right away.

I'm not too familiar with their situation but from what I have gathered coach Spartan is a very solid coach that has a solid defense except some holes I noticed in the secondary. I think he places as a top 2 Big Ten team.

That is our goal. Whether or not we achieve that goal is solely on our players.

I see Baylor going bowling. Tennessee got smacked by RGIII and Co. Coach Dre spoke well on how he improved on his toughness and I think he makes it the whole season.

It really depends. Auburn looks like they won't miss a beat without Newton. Miami looks to have went to a heavy rushing attack so their QB will be in the "Greg McElroy Role." Florida looks like they are having T/O problems. And Ohio State's new QB was somewhat average against North Texas. You normally can't judge off of week one but I think the better of the new QBs will be Auburn's and the worst or least productive will be Miami's due to the running game taking over.

New coach in a solid conference usually spells drop off. But with this talented of a team it won't be significant. I see an upset in their future I just can't tell you who.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

[/B]
    (y)

12. GoGators

As always, our first goal is to get to Atlanta. We'll do this by beating our rivals and rubbing their faces in it! The rest will take care of itself.

B+ Things looked really good. We have a lot of speed at the WR spots and our QB Tom Richardson looks like a stud. On defense, well let's just say I'm glad they're on my team cause if I had to play against that unit, I'd definitely have trouble sleeping at night.

Texas plays in the softest division so I'll have to give them the nod. However, that can always backfire because they may not be ready for the SEC team they face in the that game.

Tennessee. Last time we went up there they ruined our shot at a national title. We'll look to embarrass them in front of their own fans this season.

LB. We're guaranteed to lose both starting OLBs and only have one replacement currently. We also figure to lose Jelani Jenkins as the pro scouts are already drooling over the JR.

Since I'm a closet Sparty fan, I'll hope they do well. I'll always root for them over UofM and tOSU. They did lose a lot from last years team though so the new guys will need to find out how to win. JC will need to coach on the fly this year.

I haven't looked at their depth chart, but I'd suspect the talent is there to compete in the north. The only real threat is probably Missouri which they should handle. Look out for Tyler Gabbert though if he's starting, dude is nasty! (at least when I control him in the Deuce anyways). I'll have to hold off on answering the second part of this question until next week when the black shirts come to Gainesville. Beating Dru is a tall task for a first year coach so I'll get back to you on that one.

If we get the sliders to where they should be, I'd say 7. If not, he'll win 9 and be a :5stars: program before we know it. RGIII may not miss an entire game, but he'll likely miss a bunch of quarters and drives during games from injuries since he'll have that entire team on his back. However, I think he'll miss 3 games.

OSU - JR Ken Guiton should be capable of handling the squad. He's in his 4th year and is athletic enough to make plays with his feet. The OSU defense should win them games, Guiton just needs to not lose them.

Florida- We've got a stud in true SO Tom Richardson. If he stays healthy, he could be special.

Miami - FR Brian Dixon is wise for his years (71 awr). With Coach Hova as his caretaker, he'll probably do big things. He'll likely struggle on the road though as most freshman do.

Auburn - FR Travis Estes will have his work cut out for him. He's very talented, but being a freshman in the SEC is not easy, especially at QB. He too will likely struggle on the road. I'd imagine he'll piss his pants when he comes to the Swamp.

I'm not sure on this one. Coach Jello tried to do some different things at UofM. I'd suspect Suge will open things up much more and be very aggressive compared to Jello. However, there's got to be some pressure on the new coach considering how stocked the cupboards are with talent since he took over. I hear there's high expectations in the Mitt for coach Suge. Don't disappoint.......

13. Dru50

I like the humility in this post. Would that defense be the same one that allowed an average of 39 points in 3 user games last year? Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh, we're all quaking in our booties.

:D

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Win the Big Ten and beating The school from Columbus
    B+
    Texas
    There is no other
    Everything since i have at least 20 guys leaving
    As long as we go home with Paul Bunyan I dont care
    I believe they will
    7. He will play in them all but may miss some pieces of one or two. Better get Aflac.
    they still have weapons so I dont think there will be huge drop off
    Better not be a letdown with the talent that I have.

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

11. Are you crying yourself to sleep at night because you miss Jello so much?

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

17. Dru50

Want to rethink the comment about whether Texas would potentially be ready for one of you big, bad SEC guys in a national title game, considering we just handled the most talented team in your conference?

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is when you face one of the 'soft' Big 12 guys next week.;)

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I sleep like a baby.

MUCK FICHIGAN

19. GoGators

Masler is clearly the most bi-polar NCAA player ever. In season 1 he had the most talented team and nearly lost every game. In season 2 he had the most talented team and started 1-3 before turning it around. This year he again has the most talented team and he laid an egg in Texas.

Eventually Shaun or the BCS will give you a shot at a real SEC school Dru. Until then, relax and enjoy the quiet confines of the Big 12 South. (y)

20. GoGators

And this was because Brantley threw 8 picks per user game last year. That won't happen again.

21. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

We always want to win the ACC, so that is our first goal. A BCS bowl berth/victory is a close second.

Probably a B. We played well enough to win, that's really it.

Until they lose, I'll take Texas.

We want Clemson.

We have a hole at TE this season, so that is the first priority. We have holes at DT and WR coming up, so those positions are being addressed as well.

They lost a lot on offense, but I expect them to compete in every game.

Nebraska should be able to handle the Big 12 North, but that's an awfully big hurdle down in Austin.

Griffin will play in more, but I don't expect him to play in all 12.

Miami already has trouble, sound like the others are pretty happy so far. Time will tell, its the most important position on the field.

I expect there to be huge improvement now that Jello has been replaced.