Season 3: Fact or Fiction (Episode 2)

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by sawemoff, Aug 29, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Dec 29, 2011
    Rece Davis: This is Rece Davis and you are watching Fact or Fiction. First and foremost we apologize for not bring you a show Week 7... *Mark May interrupts*​
    Mark May: Let me tell everyone what happened. Now, you see Lou Holtz is an old man. And while he was walking around town he stopped by an antique store. With him being so old they kept him! *chuckles*​
    Rece: Looks like it is going to be a good show... *Lou Holtz interrupts*​
    Lou Holtz: I'm telling you right now Rece there will be no arguments between Mark and I. I might be old but I am feeling good today!​
    Rece: I will believe it when I see it. Anyways, we have a great show for you today. I'm really not sure what we will be talking about but I'm sure we will think of some great stuff. You guys ready to go?​
    Lou: Like the youngin's say nowadays, YOLO!​
    Mark: WOW, are you sure you are feeling good today? *Lou nods his head*​
    Rece: With Lou feeling spunky today I guess our first topic can be about a young Quarteback. His name is Luke Dunn and he plays for the Utah Utes. As his first year is coming to a close he has been lighting teams up with his arm and legs. The question is will Dunn be able to carry Utah to a national title before he leaves for the NFL?​
    Lou: I would like for Mark to go first. ​
    Mark: *Confused* Well alright. I will say Fiction. Dunn is a great player and he has a great WR but teams will start clamping down on those two. Coach Baron will have to recruit better options around him to open more things up and I think will. Problem is he may forget about defense. Dunn is great and will have a tremendous year but he will not lead the Utes to a national title.​
    Lou: That is a great assessment Mark and I too will say Fiction. You gave some great examples of why he will not win one but let me add some more to your comments. Utah competes in a fierce PAC 12 Division. USC is the dominate force right now in the South and in the North Oregon and Washington are no slouches. Heck look at the up and coming teams, Oregon State and UCLA. These teams are starting to be stronger and that alone should scare Utah. Like you said Dunn is a dominate force and will be in the future but at the end of the day that is all he will be.​
    Mark: What just happened?​
    Rece: I will tell you right quick before an argument starts, Lou agreed with you. For the folks at home you are witnessing a first here in PFP. Take out your notebooks and write it down.​
    Rece: We just got done talking about a young up and coming QB so now lets talk about a QB whose career maybe ending after this year. Bernard Berg is a Junior at North Carolina and right now leads in the Heisman race. If he wins it he may go to the draft. The question is will Berg leave Chapel Hill after this season ends?​
    Mark: Since Lou didn't want to go first last time, I think he should go first this time.​
    Lou: I would love to go first but the producer would really like us not to switch anymore.​
    Mark: Sure. Fact! Berg will win and high tail it to the NFL. He really has nothing more to prove just look at these statistics. 2521 passing yards on 164 completions and 1443 rushing yards on 169 carries. He has a total of 47 Touchdowns. Plus, he also has a National Title so why not move on and get paid the big bucks? Sorry Coach I Peench but your boy is gone after this season.​
    Lou: We are on a roll Mark! Fact!​
    Mark: You got to be kidding me. *Looks at producer*​
    Lou: When you talk about Berg and what he has done you think NFL ready, so I don't know why I wouldn't agree! He is athletic enough to play in the NFL right now. If I was him I would not have second thoughts about leaving. This is your next Heisman winner folks and you Tarheel fans better not be disappointed when he goes.​
    Mark: What did your wife but in your coffee this morning? This is really annoying me. You can't agree with me and I can't agree with you. I think the universe is about to implode.​
    Lou: My wife didn't put anything in my coffee because I drink it black! ​
    Rece: This is interesting to say the least. On back to back topics Mark May and Lou Holtz agree.​
    Mark: I swear I have been setup! Lou magically wants me to go first on the Dunn topic and then on this topic we can't switch? What's the date because I know it isn't April 1st.​
    Rece: It is August 29th Mark and now lets move on to our final topic.​
    Rece: When we talk about great players, we also talk about what end of the year awards they may win. The Heisman is a prestigious trophy everyone fights for but receiving the Maxwell is just as a great of an honor. In this years running we have USC WR Marqise Lee, Louisville QB Ted Bridgewater, and Utah QB Luke Dunn. Lee is leading the race so far. Will he be able win this award?​
    Lou: Where is the bathroom in this place again? All this caffeine I drank earlier is making my bladder rumble. Mark may have to go first again. *Leaves stage*​
    Mark: NO! No, no, no, no, no. We can wait until you get back.​
    *Producer hands note to Rece*​
    Rece: It looks like you will be going first Mark because the show must go on.​
    Mark: Fine. I guess with him being gone he won't be able to hear my answer. *Whispers fact* Lee is head and shoulders better than Bridgewater and I doubt voters will look at the youngster Dunn. Not to say Dunn will not eventually win one but this time it goes to Lee. He is the leader of this team and USC is #1 in the nation. He has contributed a lot to the Trojans and even when Hienz was the QB for a short period. He is definitely deserving of this trophy and it will be a joy to watch him in the pros.​
    *Le wild Lou appears*​
    Lou: I feel a lot better now! So what did you say Mark?​
    Mark: Not telling.​
    Lou: Well I was going to say Fiction but sitting on it for a second I decided he will win the Maxwell Award. Fact!​
    Mark: *Tosses up all of his notes* Really? I mean, REALLY?!?!?!​
    Rece: *Chuckles* Looks like we are 3 for 3 tonight.​
    Lou: I told you I was feeling good today! ​
    Rece: Indeed you are but with your extracurricular activities you had to do Lou we have run out of show. Thanks for being with us and we will see all of you again in Season 4! ​

• Like Like x 5
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Jul 5, 2011
    No love for Dunn! What a TERRIBLE program!
  3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Dec 30, 2009
    excellent work
  4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Jul 1, 2010
  5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Jul 1, 2010