Season 3 Freshmen Watch List

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HarkTheSound, Oct 23, 2012.

1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Thought this was a really cool idea that Cgreen214 came up with so I'll make a thread for this season. List any freshman, even if they're not playing this season, and say why you think they'll be the best player from your class down the road.

For me, I'm going to go with DE Terrence Kendrick.

[​IMG]

He's not the best recruit from last year, in fact, he is a former :3stars: that was among my last signees, but I think he's going to make the biggest impact on my team. With a ton of depth lost on the D-Line due to graduation, Kendrick is going to start from day 1. He has outstanding Power Moves and very good speed/acceleration...He's a very raw player considering his 42 awareness, but the dude looks like he'll be racking up sacks as he gets used to the college game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Recruit to keep an eye on from this Ohio State class is Brian Corbett.

[​IMG]

Corbett was not this mostly highly sought after recruit from this Ohio State class, but he was high on the list. The coaches will redshirt him this year, so that he can have a whole season to get acquainted with the Ohio St. defensive playbook. For a CB this guy has elite speed and coverage ability. Look for his awareness to go up after a season being reshirted. This guy is going to be a lock down corner with a high ceiling.

3. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    2013 signee DE Justin Brantley has been lighting the world on fire in his Freshman season. Breaking a Nebraska record that has stood since 1993, Brantley put his name in the record books with 16 sacks in his first collegiate season. His freakish block shedding ability (92) will only get better with time and he will be a nightmare for opposing QB's for at least the next 2 seasons.

4. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

I couldn't decide on who to choose so im going with 2 guys. I believe Justin Brown and Scott Horne will be the best DE tandem in the nation, unless Horne decided to go to NFL. Then Brown will fill Horne's shoes but will be just as much as a force as Horne was. Also Walter Wesley i believe will be a nice fill in for O'Leary as he will graduate. Walter has great/size combo as he's 6'6" 250 pounds.

5. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I'll do two also since my first is a kicker.
    [​IMG]
    Tyler has a leg like no one else in the country. He went 17/18 with his only miss coming on a 59 yarder. 94/121 Touchback/Kickoff ratio.

[​IMG]
    Grier showed flashes of what is to come this season. He will step into a DAT like role. He averaged 27.4 yards per return on kickoffs and 18.5 on punts and added a punt return TD. Only time will tell if he can match DAT's career 24 return TDs.

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Terrence Kendrick is definitely living up to the hype I gave him in the preseason. He had 25 solo tackles, 15 TFLs, 13 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles as a true freshman. He earned the starting position in spring and fall practice and really was a bright spot for the UNC defense. He definitely has the potential to break all-time sack records at UNC considering he's going to start for at least 2 more years.