Season 3 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Oct 3, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Season 3 Game Summaries

Fear the Spear this year :)

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

That's what she said.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#7 Florida State defeats #20 Texas - 58-19

The Seminoles much improved air raid offense just could not be stopped, EJ Manual completed 30 of 39 passes for over 500 yards and 3 total TDs.

The defense gave up two TDs through the air, one on Lamarcus Joyner where he misplayed a jump ball on the first play of the game, and the other on Greg Reid where the receiver came down with the ball after he deflected it in the endzone.

Rodney Smith had a monster day catching 13 passes for 263 yards and a TD which came from 84 yards out.

I usually don't have a receiver that has this many more catches than my others so that's something new, he just happened to be the guy who was open I guess. The other three receivers combined for 13 catches for 221 yards and a TD.

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well.....

Virginia travels to Athens for a Saturday night kick off classic. I actually turned out better than many of the most hardcore Virginia fans could have imagined. Virginia loses. 49-27. But they put up a hell of a fight. As coach, I was proud. I had no issues with losing tot he number 3 team in the country and obviously a couple grades better. They played hard. I was pleased.

UGA got the ball first, drove down and scored in about 8 plays. Virginia gets the ball and does their own marching. The only problem was Mike Strauss fumbled on a first down inside UGA's 5. And to sum up the game from there after went a little something like this....

UGA TD, UVA FG, UGA TD, UVA FG, UGA TD, UVA TD. I just couldnt get the stop I needed to dig in to the deficit. I went for it, threw everything I knew at him. I moved the ball, just couldnt get the stop and time started to work against me. Down a TD in the 4th, i got the ball and had a 4th and 2 in my own half. But I NEEDED to get it and score to have a punchers chance. I got stopped....lol, that was game. He let me down gently from there, and there was some garbage time and stats at the end with the final being 49-27.

GG HR. I showed up to fight and go for it, just didnt really have the horses. Shit was fun though.

All in all, I think i can work with this team, but they are still a year off. And thats being generous.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, our offense was clicking in that game, you did a solid job against the run but the Plant HS connection (QB Aaron Murray to TE Orson Charles) was huge. Murray was near flawless going 18-22 for 429 yds and 4 TD. Charles hauled in 6 catches for 203 yds and a TD. Expect a huge season from Charles who will be on the field at all times now. He will be playing as the 4th WR in 4 and 5 wide situations and is a matchup nightmare with his size and 90 spd.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

AUBURN TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    TEAM 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
    RU 12 0 14 0 26
    AU 7 9 7 10 33

A lot of antacids will be popped on the Plains this year. Watching an Auburn football game will give you heart burn. "Up and down, peaks and valleys that is what you will get from this team." said Coach York. "We have a lot of experience but we are still young. 19 staters return off of last years 5-7 team but 9 of those starters were RS FR or true freshman. This team is better but it is still going to make mistakes." Mistakes almost cost the Tigers the game today as they turned the ball over 5 times. 2 INT's and 3 fumbles all commited by the QB position. RS JR Clint Moseley and true Freshman Brad Smith moved the ball well they had a combined 300+ yards of offense and helped out on 3 td's 2 passing by Moseley and 1 running by Smith. The Offense was led by SR RB Onterio McCallebb who had 120 yards on the ground with 1 score and FR RB Chris Jefferson had 77 yards added on in his debut. The D did well sacking the Rutgers QB 5 times but failed to gain a TO in the game the Defense was put in bad situations all game hence the 26 pts given up. Next week the Tigers hed to SC to take on the Tigers of Clemson.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Florida Survives Shootout With Oregon at Home

Gainesville, FL (AP) -- If anyone was counting on the Gators missing a beat this season, they are in for a little surprise. Yes they lost Brantley, yes they lost Demps, yes their secondary took a hit, and yes this is different Gator squad than years past... No one is Orange and Blue should be worried though. If today's season opener against Oregon was any indication Florida is going to have a remarkable year, especially their talented offense.

After an entire Spring of fierce competition at the position, Sophomore QB Brian Covington got the starting nod. All that practice may have been for nothing though, as Covington got dinged up on the first drive and true Freshman QB sensation Dusty Perry came in and would not leave the game until there were zeros on the clock. Perry performed almost flawlessly, living up to his hype and showing off his wheels and the cannon he calls his right arm.

Also on the Freshman tip: Freshman HB Tony Bell scored on his first career touch. Thats always a good sign, and he has quickly become a fan favorite because of his bruising running style. Gillislee got the bulk of the carries however. He looked solid and should be the Gators #1 rusher this season.

In sadder news, true Junior starting SS Matt Elam tore his pectoral muscle and will miss 12 weeks. The Gators are deep at this position though, and true Soph. Ronnie Reynolds came in and ended up getting a game sealing pick in the endzone.

Florida's defense will surely be put under the microscope after this one. Even though it was the first game of the season against a high-powered Oregon attack, many feel like the defense underachieved and Coach Max needs to step up his play calling on this side of the ball. Florida has a devastating schedule this year, and will need to have all facets of the game on point to compete for an SEC Championship.

Perry
    18/35 366yd 5TD 1INT
    7ATT 27yd

Gilleslee
    19ATT 124yd 1TD

Hines
    5REC 75yd 2TD

8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    #3 Georgia whoops up on #2 Ohio State 58-7 to send a message that they mean business in their defense of their 2011 National Championship. The Bulldog defense was relentless holding OSU to under 140 yds in the game and sacking their QB 7 times, forcing 2 fumbles, and an interception or 2. The Buckeye offensive line could not handle the front 7 of Georgia.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#7 Florida State defeats USF - 58-7

EJ Manual went out early in the first quarter, and Bill Schmidt had to come in..He threw 3 TDs and an INT while rushing for 88 yards.

The offense moved the ball today, but they were no where near clicking. The two QBs combined for less than 50% completion of their passes.

The defense only gave up 7 points which came after Jeff Luc forced a fumbled only to be fumbled right back by one of our D linemen.

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

USC Virginia

[​IMG]

Seriously....Fuck this game!!!! I fumbled on 4 consecutive possessions. Oh, and 10 Turnovers total. I dont even know what the fuck to do.....but 10 turnovers is some bullshit. Pure bullshit! Whatever

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Damn, that is fucked up dude.

12. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Wake and Virginia played a close one today. Man I need some play makers

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#6 Florida State defeats #17 Boston College - 48-10

FSU really put the game to rest early in the 3rd quarter after giving up a TD as time expired before the half.

EJ Manuel made it through the entire game and finished with over 400 yards passing, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs. Smith and Shaw both had well over 100 yards receiving, but the running game today was nearly non existent.

Greg Reid recorded his first interception of the year, and we also had fumble return for TD making that 3 defensive TDs on the year.

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Wake Vists Virginia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Virginia fresh off of two losses to two top 10 teams welcomed in #12 Wake Forest to town. Nothing like not having an easy game huh? But it was a fantastic game. Once again, Virginia losing their first 2 games was in a much win situation and it was only the 3rd game of the year.

The feeling out process lasted throughout the whole first quarter. Wake showed up and their defense was tough. It took UVA a while to figure out Wakes scheme, but Ill have to admit that i never totally got em down. But Virginia scored first on a WR screen, and it took a while for Wake to get on the board, but when they did, they scored twice in a row in very little time scoring 10 points in the last minute of the half.

Wake was able to get the ball first out of half time, but was held to a 3 and out. Virginia was able to capitalize but only with a FG. Wake matched their with their own FG and the score heading into the 4th with the score being 13-10.

So then the 4th quarter came along and I felt i needed to press the issue a bit. Virginia scored after a 2 and a half minute drive. But Wake Forest had their own ideas, and did what they needed to do to score with relative ease themselves. That gave UVA the ball with about 3 minutes left and needing a TD to take the lead. A big 28 yard pass to E. Scott where he tight roped the sideline put Virginia inside Wake's 15 with 2 minutes left. 3 running plays later Wallace was able to get in the endzone taking the lead with just over a minute left in the game. Wake got the ball back, but before they could really start getting a drive going, the senior CB who moved to CB from SS made a huge interception to seal the win for UVA.

A huge win for Virginia and they start off conference play they way they would have liked.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

How did some other games go.....Sure wish I could read a quick recap on how Clemson and/or Va Tech lost this week.............................................................

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FSU wins over WVU - 56-21

This was one of those games where you have no trouble getting the W, but things arent as clean as youd like them. I gave up some big plays on defense, and we had 6 turnovers on offense (most of which were bullshit, but I wont go there considering 1ke).

The Seminoles scored 49 in the first half, and 7 in the second. We started the game out with a intercepted pitch for 6 on their first play, on our second offense play Lonnie Pryor busted a 49 yard run from the gun.

EJ Manual finished with 566 yards, 5 TDs, and 3 INTs. A big play in the game was a 3rd and inches that Freshman Malcom Adams broke two tackles and took to the house for 76 yards.

17. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Jesus, FSU and Ole Miss sure are putting up some wild passing numbers. Lets see how things change when you play some users!

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Who says their gonna change? :D

19. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea I was tired of running a pro style offense and switched it up to Texas Tech and have been airing it out since.

Miami and I played a wild one last night. He scored on an 18 yard pass to his TE with :30 left where he broke 3 tackles and made my defense look terrible. I had 3 TO's but needed a TD to win. First play the WR had the ball forcefully separated. Next two my WR's just dropped them without being touched so I was left with 4th down and 10 and time running out. I run a trips set and see Miami's CB immediately sprint to the center of the field. I immediately toss it to my 5th string WR who is only playing b/c of an injury. He's able to outrun the entire Miami defense and shock the Hurricane home crowd.

Another crazy play happened in the 2nd quarter. I was looking at having pretty good field position as I fielded a punt at my 40 and returned it to his 45 when my returner fumbled. He scooped it and returned it all the way my 15 when a DB finally ran him down and forced a fumble which I scooped up in a pretty whacky play.

The 3 highlights were uploaded here. Ole Miss 28 Miami 25

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Florida's Freshman Help Gators Win at Rocky Top

This one was tight the whole way through. Tenn was able to move the ball effectively against the Gator D, but once the Vols got into the Red Zone Florida was able to tighten up and make some stops when it counted.

Tenn elected to go for it on 4th and short inside the 5 yd line early on. Florida stuffed their attempt, got the ball back, and a few plays later... Freshman QB Dusty Perry hit Debose over the middle for a 92yd TD pass. This seemed to be a turning point in the game, but Tenn would fight back and end up with the ball in a tied game, driving the field with under 2min to go.

Again, Florida's D tightened up deep in their own territory and forced Tenn to use their lackluster kicker. The kick was shortchanged from the 33 and that it where Florida took over. A couple of runs, passes, and timeouts later and the Gators had set up a 40yd game-winning FG. Tenn iced the Kicker, and it definitely affected him. The kick went up, it looked low and wide left, but the ball carried just far enough, and bended right just enough to sneak into the bottom left corner of the framework.

Florida will take their stolen victory and run back to Florida ASAP. The SEC isnt going to get any easier.

21. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Duke came out and was ready to spring the upset at home by running the no huddle. I couldnt stop them to save my life and they had the first 3 scores of the game. But my team finally woke up and put a hurtin on em in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Spent the 4th trying to chew clock with backups.

Big rivalry game next weekend with 9 of my 16 recruits coming to visit the UVA campus including the #1 ATH and Recruit in the country. Hopefully we can provide him with the correct amount of money and some offer as many virgins as possible to get the kid to sign.

22. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

My Internet is jacked up. I get this game in tomorrow hopefully

23. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well.....

Virginia hosted their state neighbor rivals Maryland. And it was an interesting game. The game started out and actually continued with Virginia dominating. But the problem was, one problem that has been just killing the Cavs all year. Michael Strauss. For the god he is, and for the things he has done for this program, he is just killing the Cavs. He has this year alone, 9 fumbles, and threw 3 more interceptions this game bring his total to 12 ints. Thats 21 turnovers in 5 games!

So Virginia scores first, and often, and both of Maryland's TDs came off of Ints thrown by the human TO machine. But, i must say, for as bad as he is playing, he is a baller and never quits. After a INT in the 4th, letting Maryland score to take the lead with 3 minutes left. From there, Strauss led the team to 21 unanswered to finish the game.

Huge comeback win for us, and it was much needed as Virginia had 13 recruits all coming to visit this game. Looks like things hopefully turned out well for those kids.

Check the Wire.....Cuz my RB had a Top Play Of The Season with his TD run, and the TD pass at the end of the game was a dandy as well.

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#5 FSU downs #7 Miami - 44-17

Parrothead had some controller issues with 30 seconds left in the first half, the score was 24-10. I'm not sure, but I think after the snap he lost control? then there was an interception thrown and FSU scored shortly after 7 yard run by Haulstead.

EJ Manual was 15 of 18 for 220 yards and a TD in the first half. He finished 32 of 48 for 512 yards, 2 TDs, and an INT. He overthrew so many guys in the second half resulting in me having a lot of third down situations, thus the large number of pass attempts.

Freshman HB Malcom Adams finished with 107 yards and a TD on 7 carries. Also, four receivers finished the game with 100+ yards receiving (Shaw, Haulstead, Patterson, and Smith). The defense was paced by interceptions from Jeff Luc and Greg Reid.

25. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Thinking it's my controller now, as when I rebooted, I still couldn't do anything with it. It's like the 360 can't see that it's even plugged in. Awesome. (n)