Season 3 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ChuckDzzNutz, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Gators Cruise in opener 73-14 over Toledo

GAINESVILLE - The My Dick era got underway in Gainesville today to the tune of a 69-point victory over the hapless Toledo Rockets. Things got started early for the Gators when Quarterback Jeff Driskel capped off the opening drive with a 22-yard touchdown run off an option keeper. Later in the quarter Mack Brown took a draw play 36-yards for the Gators second score on the day. Near the end of the first half Brown found the endzone again, this time from 4 yards out. Toledo answered with a 26-yard touchdown toss to cut the score to 21-7. It looked as if Toledo might have captured momentum when UF’s ensuing drive into Rocket territory was suddenly brought to an abrupt halt as Driskel threw his second interception on the day. However, any hopes Toledo had of a comeback were quickly dashed when Valedz Showers ended the half for the Gators with a pick-six and then Quinton Dunbar took the 2nd half kickoff 96 yards to put the Gators up 4 scores. The rest of the second half was much of the same as Florida was scoring on both Offense and Defense. Most of the 4th quarter was played by the Gator second string O and D, but it didn’t seem to slow them down. On the day Driskel quietly went 8-18 passing for 179 yards and a touchdown, but he also rushed for 64 yards and 2 scores. Senior Mack Brown added 154 yards and 3 scores on the ground. After the game, Coach Dick stated "I'm proud of how we played, but that team might have trouble making the FCS Playoffs. The real season starts next week with our conference opener." On the year the Gators move to 1-0, while Toledo drops to 0-1. Next up for Florida is a conference showdown with Mississippi St.

PS I don’t know if there’s a scoring cap, but I really didn’t intend to run it up. I pretty much kept it on the ground in the 4th and had my entire second string subbed in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Tigers prevail 21-17 in Death Valley

Baton Rouge- The Game started eerily familiar to how all last season went for the Tigers. On 3rd and 7 at about the 15 yrd line Mettenberger would throw a perfect strike to a wide open WR and then proceed to watch said WR not even put his hands up. Coach James would be seen fuming and yelling at FR WR Edward Bobo on the sideline. The 1st quarter was about defense with the only scoring coming on a 45 yard dash by Jakari Gore late in the quarter.

The 2nd quarter was all Jordan Hall who would score from 40 and 4 yards to give the buckeyes the lead 14-7 going into half time. It was a great 1st half for the buckeyes defense with besides that one long TD run they were giving LSU headaches trying to figure out how to move the ball. The 3rd quarter opened up with with the buckeyes receiving and looking to add to their 14-7 lead. The LSU defense though had other thoughts jarring the ball lose from Jordan Hall giving the tigers offense the opportunity to at least come up with something. after a few plays Mettenberger would hook up with #1 WR Kadron Boone on a 17 yard strike to tie the game. Kevin Minter would make a nice read late in the 3rd and pick off Braxton Miller in the redzone to keep the score tied.

The buckeyes would take the 3 point lead in the 4th after the tigers would stop them again from scoring a Td in the redzone. Both teams would play great D until Mettenberger would fake a wr reverse and hook up with juco TE Ron Bullock from 17 yards out with just under 2 minutes to go up 21-17.

Braxton Miller who has had a few big moments in his career would go into 2 minute offense and he looked up for the challenge. with the lead the tigers tried to do what they did all game, but also keep the big play away. Miller would light up the D and get them inside the 12 to make coach james saying to himself not this season too. Miller would look to the flat and it would of been a race to the end-zone, but SS Eric Reid read it like a children's book and put the game to bed picking the pass off to end the game.

------------------------
    key stat of the game:
    turn overs
    OSU-3
    LSU-1

gg Baron

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

[​IMG]

Nebraska opened the season on the road at Fresno State. The first half was hard fought, Nebraska led 10-7 at the break mostly due to the inspired play of the black shirt defense which allowed negative 18 net rushing yards on the afternoon. Brion Carnes, who was named the Cornhusker's starting QB after a fierce competition for the job, had a rough first half. He completed 7 of 15 attempts for 110 yards with one INT and was also sacked 5 times as the offense struggled to move the ball. In the second half, coach Hennessy decided to make a change, putting the Athletic Derek Ware under center. The Nebraska offense responded and Ware went 10-15 for 102 yards with a TD plus scrambled for a second score as the Cornhuskers pulled away from the Bulldogs and secured a big 41-13 win. Despite questions after the game, coach Hennessy was non-committal on the situation at QB going into next weeks game against Arizona, saying only that he would evaluate his options throughout the week.

5. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Florida Rolls 50-18 in Conference Opener after Wake Up Call!
    STARKVILLE - The Florida Gators took a 24-0 lead over Mississippi St. into the locker rooms and a lackadaisical attitude into the second half that saw their lead shrink to 24-18 minutes later. The Bulldogs got in the red zone and looked to be going in for the lead when 6'4" 314lbs. Leon Orr scooped up a fumble and rumbled his fat ass 84 yards to the 1. Florida snapped out of it, punched it in on the next play and never looked back as they cruised the the 32 point win. It was another mundane day for Junior QB Jeff Driskel behind center as he went 11 of 22 for 184 yards, but the Gators matched that output with 183 yards on the ground and it was enough to pull out the victory. The undefeated Gators hit the road again next week for an out of conference tilt with the 9th ranked Wisconsin Badgers.​

6. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Cornhuskers put the nation on notice, house top 25 Arizona 48-13!
    Summary: Arizona burned away roughly half of the first quarter with a long drive but had to settle for a FG to take a 3-0 lead. A few plays later Nebraska soph WR BJ Brown caught a routine slant route, shrugged off a tackle and turned on the jets. 71 yards later this was a 7-3 ballgame. Arizona took the field intent on moving the ball through the air. QB Daxx Garman made a bad read and missed JUCO transfer MLB Tony Dawson dropping into coverage after showing blitz. Dawson made a highlight reel play sprinting back and snatching a one handed INT (user pick) and then returning it all the way down inside the 15 where the Cornhuskers quickly made it a 14-3 ballgame. Nebraska never lost momentum after the first quarter, taking a 21-6 lead into the half and dropping 21 third quarter points on the Wildcats to put this game out of reach. The spark in the third was junior tailback Braylon Heard who scored on runs of 46 and 59 yards, both times on the first play from scrimmage after an Arizona turnover. After those runs, the game was all but decided as both teams simply played out the stretch.
    A Tale of 2 QBs: Nebraska's Brion Carnes came into the game with questions about whether or not he should be starting after being pulled in the second half of a week one win. He responded by throwing 3 first half TDs and finished with 4 on the day. Carnes' one INT came on a Hail Mary to end the first half. In all, Carnes left Huskers fans with little to complain about. On the flipside, Arizona QB Daxx Garman came into the game as the unquestioned starter. After a 22 of 42 day passing that saw him throw 5 interceptions and take 5 sacks while failing to put his team in the endzone, his job appears less secure.
    Gameball: Braylon Heard finished the contest with 17 rushes for 189 yards and 2 scores. He ran hard all day, read his blocks superbly and busted a couple big runs that broke the game wide open.
    Top Blackshirt: Fifth year Senior DT Thad Randle was a force in the middle. He recorded 5 solo tackles, 3 of them for QB sacks and also managed to bat down 2 passes at the line of scrimmage.

7. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Florida Wins Battle of Ranked Teams in Madison 38-10
    MADISON - The Wisconsin Badgers playing without their Head Coach came out flat against 5th ranked Florida and fell behind from the opening drive. That opening drive was capped off by a 1-yard run by Mack Brown. The Second Quarter saw Florida tack on a FG and another Brown Touchdown, this time from 3 yards out. It could have been worse, but Junior QB Jeff Driskel threw a pick in the endzone towards the end of the half. The Badgers missed a 53-yard FG attempt as time expired to give the Gators a 17-0 lead heading into the locker rooms. Any hope Wisconsin had of a comeback was dashed on the first play of the second half when an incomplete backwards pass was scooped up by Dominic Easley and returned 19 yards to pay dirt. Wisconsin did get on the board at the end of the 3rd with a Field Goal, but still trailed 24-3 at the end of 3. Backup HB Hunter Joyer got into the action in the 4th with a 2 yard touchdown. The Badgers got their first touchdown on a Zulegar 5 yard scamper, but Mack Brown put the exclamation point on the day with a 41 yard touchdown run. Florida would drive into Badger territory one more time and on 4th down lined up for a Field Goal, but Wisconsin wasn't calling timeouts so Florida let the clock tick out. A solid win for UF who moves to 3-0 on the season. Coach Dick said after the game, "I'm not sure we got their best effort considering their coach was MIA, but a win is a win is a win, and we'll take it." Next up for Florida is the third of four straight road games, this time to Knoxville to take on the Vols.​

8. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

4th Ranked Florida rolls over Tennessee

KNOXVILLE - Florida dominated from the onset building a 41-10 halftime lead. The lone bright in the first half for Tennessee was a 60 yard touchdown run by Raijon Neal on the last play of the first quarter. The highlight of the half for Florida had to be the 57-yard Field Goal by Drew Green. The gators took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half and coasted to a 58-24 win. Mack Brown had 254 yards on the ground including 3 scores on the day. Next up for the Mighty Gators is their 4th straight road game, this time to Lexington to play Kentucky.

P.S. I thought game summaries were mandatory?

9. The Legend 3001

The Legend 3001 Walk On

Wisconsin Rolls 66-0: Coach Legend speaks on missed game
    The Badgers took home Paul Bunyan's Axe in a convincing 66-0 victory over the Golder Gophers. Jon Budmayr was 11-13 for 228 yards and 2 TD in just two quarters of work. The defense scored 2 TD and recovered 5 fumbles. ​
    However, the real story was about Coach Legend missed game against the Gators last week. "Look we talked to the commisioner and we will keep those talks private from my end." said Coach Legend. We respect the league, coaches and the Commisioner. It was an unfortunate event that prevented me for being with my kids against the Gators and I addressed that with them. I am committed to this university for this season, as well as this league and my players. ​
    When asked about rumors on issues with other coaches, Legend was clearly not happy with the question. "I don't have to go out to dinner with these guys and I don't expect any Christmas cards either. I don't like some of the comments from one or two coaches that were made, but who cares? At the end of the day I respect all our opponents/fellow coaches on the field of play. If I have an issue with them I would at least make sure that I know all the details before I go running my mouth. But that is not about football, that's just about having respect for a human being. I expect the same thing, but I can't control another grown man actions. But I will not have my integrity and style of play questioned because that is not what we are about here. As I said, I talked to the commisioner, we ironed some things out and he made clear to me his expectations. I respect and understood his points, and I thanked him for hearing me out."​
    "That is the last time I address this in public. If I feel necessary, I know how to get in touch with my coaches one on one. No need to look cool by addressing them on the fourms. This is about the games and the university, not me. We need to focus on Michigan St and getting this TEAM back on track. Thank You." ​

10. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    35 Point second quarter, big game by Crowell spark #1 Georgia in 61-27 victory over #2 Oklahoma
    Georgia has had to deal with tough opponents often early this season as they have already defeated #7 Texas and #4 Nebraska. This week was a matchup of #1 vs #2 but the ranking on paper was the only thing that was close about this game. The first quarter saw Georgia get out to a 10-0 lead behind an early TD pass from Aaron Murray to FB Zander Ogletree and a FG by Bruce Givens. This was the start of an amazing 90 second barrage of scoring in which Georgia scored 31 points. After the FG which ended the 1st quarter, the Bulldogs would intercept Oklahoma QB Drew Allen. Shortly after the change of possession, Murray would find TE John Foster for a 53 yard TD. On the very next offensive play for the Sooners, Allen would throw a pick six to CB J.B. Hayes making it 24-0 Georgia. Twenty seconds later, Allen would be sacked and fumbled the ball. MLB Reuben Faloughi would pick it up and run it in for another defensive TD. Another 11 seconds later, the Bulldog defense would score their third straight TD as FS Bacarri Rambo would pick up a Roy Finch fumble and run in 31 yds. By the end of this spree the score was 38-0 with 6:36 left in the 2nd quarter.​
    Oklahoma would finally get on the board after this craziness, but it didn't really matter as Isaiah Crowell went to work for the rest of the game putting up 261 yds on 22 carries with 2 TD. Backup Ken Malcome would add 55 yards. It was a dominant effort by Georgia and it looks like the Bulldogs are for real this season.​

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

DirtycashDylan
    can we just call you hotrods bitch now :) thats 2 years in a row, severe beatdown! although im sure you'll take out all your frustrations on Texas in a few weeks like you always do!

12. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Tons of respect for Hotrod and his MLB coverage skills, but that game was just dumb. He made several plays later and a few early, but my QB was routinely underthrowing receivers. I got spoiled by Landry Jones and his 97/98 arm. My QBs now are either very average for an elite team, or young, and therefore average.

I mean, I even gave up a fumble on a fake FG. It was taken back for a 2.

13. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Road Warriors Do it Again, Hammer Kentucky 47-6 in Lexington
    LEXINGTON - 3rd ranked Florida started slow, and fell behind 3-0 early to the Kentucky Wildcats. Things got going in the 1st quarter when they blocked a punt in the endzone for a touchdown, and the Gators never looked back cruising to the 47-6 win. It was a quiet day offensively as Jeff Driskel threw for 132 and two scores, while Mack Brown picked up 183 on the ground and a couple scores himself. Head Coach My Dick said after the game "Just another day at the office for these guys, the real season starts in two weeks." The win was the 4th in a row on the road for UF, and moves their record to 5-0 (3-0) on the season. Next week the Gators return home to do battle with the Ole Miss Rebels before their big showdown with 14th ranked LSU in two weeks. ​
    PS Anybody else agree that this should probably be on Heisman? With us having no limit on 5* athletes, I don't see us ever losing to the computer on AA with these super teams we've all built. ​

14. Baron

Buckeyes Embarrass Gophers
    Miller explodes for 6 TD's, 445 yds as Bucks romp to 73-7 win
    The Buckeyes crushed the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 73-7 in a contest that saw Braxton Miller have his best ever performance, statistically, for the Buckeyes, with 356 yards passing, 5 TD's (only one INT) and 89 yards on 6 carries, including a 62 yard rush for a score.​
    The game was never really in doubt as the Gophers were held to 178 yards of total offense and only managed to get on the board through a KR TD due to what head coach Baron called "a fit of sloppy tackling."​
    But the Buckeyes offense had a field day with 353 yards rushing and 458 yards passing for a total of 811 yards. The Buckeyes scored 35 points in the first quarter, and had their 2nd team in at the start of the second half. "[Junior and 3rd string RB] Rod [Smith] ended up having the most rushing yards for us, at 175 yards on 15 carries in mop up duty."​
    Also of note was the 202 yards on 5 catches for two scores by redshirt freshman TE Justin Nugent. "He's a great player now. I really like how he gets out into space for a big guy, and I can't wait to see what he can do for us the rest of the season and next season."​
    The Buckeyes will travel to Northwestern next week, then host Purdue, before traveling to Camp Randall for another pivotal matchup against Wisconsin.​

15. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I guess since none of you guys offered me any feedback the computer felt like it should.

#2 Florida gets fucking smashed by #23 Ole Miss 42-24

GAINESVILLE - Perhaps looking ahead to next week's showdown with LSU, the Gators came out flat and in what seemed to be a tryptophan coma. After sleeping through the first half and going down 28-7 into the locker rooms, Florida could muster little more in the 2nd half. After the game Coach Dick said "I guess they exposed our real issue . . . Our quarterback fucking sucks"

16. Wyrmreaver

ChuckDzzNutz

i love your summaries, crack me the f up every time

17. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

#11 Florida bounces back with hard fought home win over #14 LSU 27-20

GAINESVILLE - We had a disconnect so I don't really have any stats. Off the top of my head this is what happened . . BBJ you're welcome to correct me or add to any of this. Florida opens game drives into Tiger territory and Sucky ass Driskel throws a pic . . . punts traded, and then LSU kicks a FG to go up 3-0. UF Punts and then turnovers start to plague LSU. A interception near midfield gives Florida good field position in Tiger Territory and they drive down in score on some sort of pass . . . maybe a screen of some sorts? Later in the 2nd quarter a great punt pins the Tigers deep and they try to run play action from their own 5 . . . QB is hit, fumbles in endzone, 14-3 Gators. Another pick before half allows UF to kick a FG and go up 17-3 in the locker rooms. At this point we get a disconnect and any momentum from that game is dead so LSU of course comes out like gang busters on the restart. Driskel over throws a wide open receiver on a slant by about 4 yards over his head which leads to a pick and LSU puts together their first solid drive of the game and scores (a run I thnk) to cut the lead to 17-10 on the last play of the 1st (3rd). In the 4th while pinned deep Florida's QB decides to reciprocate on the early TD fumble and does just that . . . tie ball game. Tigers playing some serious D now. After another punt they drive down and kick a FG to go up 20-17 . . . effing restart, effing shittyQB . . . . Gators get ball with 2 something to go and must do something. They suddenly find their offense again and a couple of nice completions later (can't believe it) It's WR Andre Debose who takes an end around about 20 yards to pay dirt to put the Gators up 24-20. LSU throws yet another pick, and UF is happy to kneel it out but the Tigers are calling timeouts in hopes of maybe forcing a turnover. A couple running plays later the Gators settle for like a 55 yard FG to go up 7. LSU gets ball back with hardly any time left and down 7 and are unable to put anything together. That's how it ends . . . Great game really. GL with the rest of them BBJ

• Like Like x 1
  18. Baron

(Let me preface this post by saying I am not upset with bringbackjimmy at all, I assume my game was what was holding things up, and hell I don't even know when the advance was. Nor does the following indicate, in any way, shape or form, a diminished enthusiasm for this amazing league).

WHAT THE FLYING FUCKED UP BULLSHIT IS THIS GODDAMN GAME PULLING?!?!

I come back from my trip to find that I lost to FUCKING NORTHWESTERN?!?! And that my best player (FS Jamie Wood) IS OUT FOR 11 WEEKS?!? WHAT THE SHIT?! JESUS FUCK MY EYE CHRIST!

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Baron
    if its in the game, its in the game :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Baron

Buckeyes Bounce Back Against Purdue, 66-10
    Backups Shine against Boilermakers
    After a loss against the Northwestern Wildcats in week 7, the Buckeyes took the bye week and came back roaring as they crushed Purdue, 66-10. Braxton Miller had an average day passing, going 8-11 for 152 yards passing with a score and 2 INTs, along with 44 yards rushing and a score. Jordan Hall was having a great game, with 53 yards on six carries for two scores but injured his elbow and was out of the game in the 2nd quarter.

From there, backup Carlos Hyde stole the show, rushing for 241 yards on 16 carries for 3 scores. Backup QB David Allen was brought into the game in the 3rd quarter to keep Miller fresh and completed none of his four attempts. But he certainly made up for it with a rushing touchdown of 73 yards.

The Buckeye D got into it as well, scoring on a 28 yard fumble recovery by DE Ed Harris, the fumble forced by ROLB Curtis Grant.

The Buckeyes will travel to Wisconsin next week for a pivotal matchup in the Big Ten Leaders division.

21. Wyrmreaver

Nebraska 63
    Minnesota 7

Nebraska dominated. Senior CB Ciante Evans had 3 INTs on the day and took 2 back for scores. The Cornhuskers played almost the entire second half with the backups chewing the clock as they coasted to an easy win.

A showdown with Texas is looming just a few weeks away.....

22. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

USC- 52
    UF- 16

ChuckDzzNutz wanted a recap. I basically waxed that ass (all in good fun). Florida was without its best player RB Brown and it showed as the Gators couldn't get anything done on the ground with their inexperianced backups. Forced to throw the ball early Florida found 2 wide open Trojan defenders and also caughed up the ball. USC was able to build a 45-7 halftime lead behind teh Gator turnovers and didn't look back. GG Chuck and hopefully we get a chance to do it again.

23. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

lol, glad you got that in . . . Yeah, I didn't have my HB for the toughest 2 game stretch of my season, very unfortunate. There is zilch in the backup department. Whoever had UF before me wasn't a solid recruiter. Well played Hokie

24. Baron

PSU- 20
    OSU- 17

It was just one of those games where the computer decided I wasn't going to win. Had 83 OVR Penn State DT's making my 96 LG look like an idiot, an 83 WR had 8 catches for 231 yards and 2 TDs, because on three separate occasions where I had him double covered deep, he catches the ball while my DBs do nothing despite my jamming down on the LB button. Oh, and with Braxton Miller out after tearing his shoulder last week, my backup QB sailing the ball over wide open WRs, and when those WRs get hit in the hands dropping the ball. (To the tune of TEN, count'em TEN drops). And then two fumbles in the 4th quarter, despite my having Conservative carry and conservative catch on.

Sorry Hokie, looks like we won't be having that BCS NC rematch.

25. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Just have gowazzucougs to send your invite and pick an SEC east squad to do battle with my Florida squad.