Season 3 Goals

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 28, 2012.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Alright guys, been thinking about this for a while.

Honestly, I hate the fact that my guy won a Heisman as a freshman. I seriously hate it. I do think he is incredible and I think he is that good, his performance in user games should show that, but there's no way a freshman from TSU should ever win a Heisman.

I didn't over use him, I didn't load him up with carries, but I must do something to control this. In order to continue to make this league great, we should be ever mindful of our own gameplay as we look at others.

For me, this starts with my RB. I am committing this year to throwing the ball more. I would like to get it up to 25 times a game ideally. My RB will get carries, but I will use a much wider variety of run plays and plays I ignore.

I love this league, and I am aware that a freshman winning the Heisman was looked on by some as being cheap and I am okay with that.

Also, I am going to severely limit my blitzing. No more egregious amounts of LB sacks. I will say that my blitzing did hurt as I finished last year in the 110's in pass defense. But once again, there is no way I should win awards.

If it means more losses, then bring it on. At least I will never be as bad as Plague, or Bonner.

• Like Like x 3
  2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

I'm looking forward to:
    -switching between using all d-lineman and continuing to rarely blitz
    -try and almost never throw go routes
    -run more
    -run my qb read option less as my qb keeps the ball 80% of the time and most end in big runs
    -mix in zone plays and play center field with the MLB (the only real huge problem with the zone plays... centerfield)

• Like Like x 1
  3. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Season 3 goals...

1. I will spend the money in my hobby change jar becasue I was getting real close to converting that $$$ to get a flight to Hawaii to fight Heath...LOL, Just saying tough day dude!

Nah Really

2. I want to try to look more at the overall aspect of SIM gameplay. It's been a little over a month and hey I'm learning.
    3. Work on offensive balance
    4. Study my playbook so I know where everything is and not have to search for plays so it doen't look like I'm trying to control clock.
    5. Run more plays with just 2 WR on the field.

Weave it sucks reading your post becasue I commented on Whitehead when you recruited him and knew he was going to be a beast. He easliy could have ran for 2500 if you had abused him...just saying. Like having a sportscar and you gotta keep it in the garage?