Season 3 - Heisman Watch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Sep 19, 2012.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

==== Through Week #12 ====
    Capture.JPG

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

My thoughts:

1) Kevin Brown --

Why he should win it: Brown is a true dual-threat QB that has become a staple in the NCAA on how to run the read option spread correctly. He will surpass 2,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing on the season and almost single-handedly led the Terrapins to a shot at a NC title run (and probably saved NeuroticTruth 's coaching job) before dropping a close game to Clemson earlier in the season.

Why he won't: Strength of schedule. Sure, the Terrapins had a few impressive non-conference game wins against OSU and Mississippi State, but losing games in the ACC hurts. Granted, one of them was to the #1 team in the country at the time, but their second loss comes to a depleted Florida State team that will be lucky to finish in the top half of their division.

2) Storm Johnson --

Why he should win it: His name alone should make him a front runner. "There's a Storm a brewing in the Heisman race". See, you know you like it.

Why he won't: He plays for UCF.. and they aren't perfect on the season. If they were 10-0 at this point, he could have a case. If he was at over 2,000 yards rushing, he would have an even better case. But unfortunately the cupcakes can't have their cake and eat it to, and a weak conference makes it tough to wow any voter.

3) Andrew Hendrix --

Why he should win it: He has undoubtedly put up some of the best numbers thus far on the season with 30+ TDs and almost 3,000 yards passing (which he should get easily with 2 games left on the season). He is the epitome of a senior leader and has led the Fightin' Irish to a perfect 10-0 record and a #3 ranking at the moment.

Why I think he will: Schedule -- granted he still has to face a tough Alabama squad and an even better USC squad to finish the season. Lead the Irish through both of these games and welcome to the top of the list.. and a probable shot at a NC, assuming Iowa or Clemson take a dive.

4) Blake Sims --

Why he should win it: Another senior leader and a slippery running back that is tough to bring down. He knows how to play smashmouth running in the rough SEC trenches and has fought his way to 15 total TD's this season.

Why he won't: 4 losses. In the games he has under-performed, the Crimson Tide have lost. It's tough to prove your point to the Heisman voters when you drop that many games on the season (unless you are magical like Robert Griffin III).

5) Jake Medlock --

Why he should win it: He is leading the nation in passing yards, and has been pretty efficient doing so with 21 TDs to only 11 INT's thus far. He has also added 4 more touchdowns on the ground, which at Peyton Manning speed is pretty impressive for a pocket passer.

Why he won't: Too many turnovers. Medlock adds 4 lost fumbles to his 11 INT's and derailed his teams chances to win a few tight games due to some untimely decisions. He could slip out of the Top 5 if his turnover woes continue.

• Like Like x 4
  3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Honestly, I will be shocked if Brown wins. I didnt think he had a chance before I lost to FSU and I definitely dont think he has a shot after the loss. While he played OK against FSU and didnt turn the ball over (my WRs did that themselves), the loss coupled with his mediocre stats (10/20, 110 Yards, 1 TD, 13 Car, 85 Yards) from that game can only hurt his chances.

I think you're spot on in assuming Hendrix will win, especially if ND gets by Bama and USC.

Looks we'll have to wait yet another year for a user Heisman winner.

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

And I am OK with that.

5. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    lol, I bet you are.

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I like that we have players in our league that are amazing without being on a user team. For instance, Wisconsin's RB is somebody that I feel should make that list.

7. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, the CPU is definitely holding its on in SH. Users have won both NC's, but we've yet to have a user / user NC (probably will this season though).

8. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I demand a recount!

10. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I demand you live up to your threats of "I quit" if Brown wins the Heisman.

11. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

If I quit, the dynasty gets deleted, as does this memory of Brown. Worth the risk to you? :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I guess I'm still going to Mississippi then in season 4... *mutter profanity*.

• Like Like x 1
  13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

A recount wouldn't do shit. He walked away with the damn thing. By like 700 points. It wasn't even close.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I actually have a picture on my phone to fill in the spreadsheet with the numbers. :D