Season 3 is Open

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Everyone remember what I have said to this point about abuse. Either abusing players or abusing the CPU and running up the score. There will be no other warnings.

Also, remember what I said about Free Agents. You are not allowed to pickup a player just to see their potential. Starting from now on, if you pickup a player in online franchise, he is yours. I will sign him to your sheet and if you want to cut him you will be paying his normal penalty.

If you want to find out a players potential, do it offline. I monitor all transactions and that clogs up my monitoring.

On a lighter note, I hope everyone enjoys the season. We will continue with our normal advance schedule of Wednesday evenings and Saturday late afternoons for our advances. As always, if we finish sooner, we will advance sooner.

Please make sure you all are updating your roster management threads with your free agency signings. I will continue updating your sheets as best I can.

Please check the Day 5 FA thread for info about the remaining FA schedule.

Happy hunting ladies. Get started scheduling those games.

2. Keller

Also a reminder - the trade deadline - I believe its week 6 or week 7 - marks the in-season resigning deadline. That means if you have guys who are currently under contract but you want to re-negotiate their deal now, you have until that deadline to do so.

Also, the trade deadline is another very important deadline. Its the deadline for you to have a microphone. As a league, everyone needs a microphone in order to communicate and work out any issues like disconnects or things of that nature. They will be crucial to our success moving forward so I'm making them mandatory now. I've given everyone ample time in order to save up the whopping 15$ or whatever one of the basic ones cost nowadays so I don't think that is too much to ask.

After the trade deadline, if I find out myself or if someone tells me you do not have a mic, you will be booted from the league immediately and will not be allowed to join until I have literally heard you speak to me over XBL. I'm serious folks. If you don't have a mic, put it on your to-do list now.

Also remember that recaps are mandatory. If you get behind by a week or two, that is fine but by all means keep me in the loop. If you fall behind and I hear nothing - consider yourself booted until you can prove that you're able to keep up with the league.

3. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I'm not often chatty on the mics, so I don't totally know how they work in Madden.

Do you have to be in a party with your opponent, or can you just hear them if they're talking into the mic during the game?

4. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I have never used a mic, so I dont know how it works either... are we required to have one in case things arise or are we expected to be chatty during the games.

5. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

My Mic will be on mute because I will be playing music and cursing out my players so if any issues arise pause the game and yell at me.

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

If things arrive, like if I have to pause the game against you because "Hey my kid just hit his head" or if you get disconnected. You can respond and sort it out and just a quicker answer than having to type things out.

7. Keller

Exactly. Its for sorting out issues, not trash talking and chatting necessarily. If thats your thing by all means go ahead but its mandatory in order to sort out problems.

8. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

my mic will also be on mute...I will more than likely be working during games. But I will have it on just in case something needs to be sorted out.

9. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

I was mic'd in my game last. Night but didn't hear anything. My mike was muted or else I would have been heard cussing swearing and throwing things :)

10. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Yeah mine will be muted for the most part as well. Once the ball is kicked off, I hate your ass, and all the cheese you pull to cheat and beat me. Ya'all wouldn't want to hear it.

11. Keller

We know you guys won't be talking, we get it.

[​IMG]

12. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

@Keller

When are we looking to advance? Looks like only 1 pvp and 1 CPU game left this week. We are looking for faster advances than 4-5 days each right?