Season 3 Midseason Notes

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by GoGators, Sep 20, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 3 Midseason Notes

1. Hell must have frozen over. After reviewing the latest top 25 poll, there's only one team from Florida in it. No, it's not the Gators. No, it's not the Noles. No, it's not the Canes. It's the 5-0 USF Bulls. I wonder how far you'd have to go back in history to find the last time none of the Big 3 were ranked. Also, USC is not in the top 25 but Vandy is. The world and the SEC have officially been turned upside down (w/the exception of Bama). Georgia, Auburn, Florida, LSU, and Arkansas are all in the bottom half of the SEC. How long will this last?

2. Coach BBJ has something special going over at BC. They pulled in a very strong recruiting class last year and are now ranked #7 in the polls at 6-1 and had a huge win over Ole Miss this weekend. There's still a lot of talented undefeated teams in front of them, but as of right now, they have to be the considered a championship contender.

3. The Big 12 North has a hot race going on. Nebraska and Missouri are 3-0 in conference while KSU is 2-1. The coming weeks are huge for this race as these teams enter the toughest parts of their schedules and all face one another over the next 3 weeks. Should make for an interesting couple of days. Stay tuned.

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Damn thats crazy none of those teams are ranked especially florida state... their recruiting class last year was silly......
    Unfortunately i get to play BC for a 3rd time (Lawdog is a bastid) so i will get to see the Eagles up close and personal, maybe i can ruin their title dreams in Week 14.....
    Lastly, I hate the Sooners.... they could be the deathnail for our season as the loss to them looms huge as the Wildcats will have to run the table for a shot at the Big 12 title now..... which is unlikely with fuckin Missouri and Nebraska still on our schedule.... at least we dont have texas this year....

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

The year I finally beat OM I get to play you the last game of the season... If I lose I think I will turn in to one of those loney bin guys that sit going back and fourth with bloodshot eyes saying everytime every fucking time.

4. JrRawlins

If Missouri beats Nebraska tonite....

the Week 10 matchup between Kansas State and Missouri should be for a shot at the BIG 12 title against Oklahoma or Texas... if Bond can catch Oklahoma....

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Someone is going to need to beat Oklahoma, they beat the hell out of me.

6. JrRawlins

YEAH THEY GOT ME BY 8....bastids

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Teams like Oklahoma and Bama should only get better.

Their recruiting has been lights out.

8. GoGators

To hell with Oklahoma and their 6 DT recruits!!! I need those bastids!

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I say we all negative recruit the hell out of Oklahoma.

10. OMlawdog

I don't have enough time to recruit for myself, recruit against Mizzou, BC and Oklahoma.

11. GoGators

You just stay east of the Mississippi and don't be comin out here to these parts ya hear?

(my best country folk accent)

12. OMlawdog

Im doing my best to grab a CA pipeline by next season. I can't let you and JR simply have California all to yourselves.

Need to find 3 more Cali boys to make it happen. Wish I could of had a Virginia pipeline, that state was loaded this year.

13. JrRawlins

Im tryin to get into Florida... i already have Texas and California... i want Florida.. i am gonna added Oklahoma next season after grabbing Garner....

14. JrRawlins

sidenote: Missou is in complete control of the Big 12 North

15. GoGators

[​IMG]

Tyler Gabbert is a freak. With ratings actually mattering this year, his 98 accuracy is out of this world. JR can vouch, there were some passes last night that he put into some places that should not have been possible. I'm going to enjoy the time I have with this kid at the helm cause I probably won't get another one like him.

16. JrRawlins

Yeah while my guy was missing open WRs by throwing the ball out of bounds... GAbbert put the ball wherever he wanted...