Season 3 Offseason

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by The Parrothead, Feb 26, 2013.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion was regarding the league and this offseason. Currently, we have 5 true SEC teams, 1 ACC team, and 1 Big Ten team. What I think should be done is to move CPU teams that are in the SEC that aren't true SEC teams (example: Clemson) back to their original conferences. I don't think it would make much sense to move everyone back, leaving 5 people in one conference and 2 playing in their own.

Another thought is to move every team back to their original conferences and then have us select teams from two separate conferences (or a variation thereof). I don't want it to be more than two conferences as we're already stretched thin with only 7 users.

Thoughts?

Riptides
    Burrcat2277
    UofCWildcat
    Todd Ramsey
    Will Atkinson
    tar heel

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

So have maybe 2 conferences with 2 users and 1 conference with 3? That'd work. I like that idea. Have we tried looking for new members?

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Yeah, I've posted and also sent messages to some new folks. No bites yet, though.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think having two conferences would be good. We'd have to decide which conferences they are, though, and allow people to move schools.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Pac-12 :D I'd love to be Arizona.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If i can get some guys on here to be active, i may find some friends of mine to join up.

7. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

I don't care what we do but at this point I really don't want to leave Ohio State.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Then let's do B1G and SEC. I want Northwestern just for those Uniforms :D

EDIT: Or Sparty but I'd prefer NU

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  9. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

I think we need to put the conferences back the way they are including moving the updated teams to there new conferences. The B1G and SEC sounds good to me. Im liking tennessee and could stay there.

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Let's do this like smart people:

@burrcatt2277 - Ohio St (B1G)
    The Parrothead - Florida (SEC)
    Riptides - Alabama (SEC)
    Todd Ramsey - Unsure
    tar heel - Tennessee (SEC)
    Will Atkinson - Unsure (Florida St must be in the ACC)
    UofCWildcat - Northwestern (B1G)

The people with teams i assume are fans of said team. I think Todd Ramsey is a Georgia fan but left that unsure for the time being. The Parrothead are you a Florida fan? I assume you wanna stay there. And Riptides has to be a Bama fan with that name. @Burrcatt2277 expressed wanting to stay OSU.

We need it to be a 4 to 3 split so Todd Ramsey and Will Atkinson need to discuss among themselves which will be in the SEC or B1G. tar heel would you be willing to switch as well in cause both Will Atkinson and Todd Ramsey want to be in the SEC?

11. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

I would like to stay at UGA and am neutral in regard to how OU set p the conferences.

With only 7 members a one conference set-up might be the way to go. Otherwise you might have 8 CPU games.

12. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I could always switch to make it work. I don't have much vested in Bama.

13. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

being the new guy id like to stay at tennessee, but i will switch if needed.

14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Looks like we've got 3 guys who want to stay with their squads. One in the big ten and two in the sec. I'm also guessing that Will Atkinson wants to stay with FSU, as that's his school. Am I right?

15. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I would prefer to stay with FSU, if at all possible. Just kinda disappointing to recruit for a couple of years at a school and not get to follow through and play with what you recruit. Just my 2 cents.. Whatever the move turns out to be it will surely be better than the layout this season. FSU didn't play UF or Miami??

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Then let's leave you in the SEC and everything else can go back to normal. That'd put us at:

SEC:
    Todd Ramsey w/ Georgia
    The Parrothead w/ Florida
    tar heel w/ Tennessee
    Will Atkinson w/ Florida St

B1G:
    UofCWildcat w/ Northwestern or MSU
    Burrcat2277 w/ Ohio St
    Riptides w/ Someone else

17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'd think about moving to the big ten myself. Not a Florida fan at all. Only took them because of where I could pick a team from with the members that were here at the time (basically could only take an SEC East team). I'll think about it for me.

18. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Would everyone be okay with throwing Notre Dame into the Big10 and throwing someone crappy out (ie Purdue)?

19. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

I would assume then you want Notre Dame? I don't have a problem with it.

20. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

I have no issues with it.

21. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I'm good with it..

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

No problem with me. But why not add ND and then either Rutgers or Maryland (who ever is better)

23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm looking at the breakdown of moving teams, etc. Looking at what was mentioned above, letting Riptides take Notre Dame (assuming he wants them), and UofCWildcat taking either Northwestern or Michigan State and leaving everyone else with their current teams. With that, we end up with 2 guys in the Leaders division of the Big 10 and one in the Legends division. That seems fine by me in terms of numbers. For the SEC, we end up with 3 teams in the East (Tennessee, UGA, and Florida) and only one in the West (FSU). Not a good balance. Both tar heel and Todd Ramsey have said they want to stay at their schools. That leaves me (Florida) to either move to the Legends division of the Big Ten or the SEC West. If everyone is good with the above, I'll go ahead and move to the Big 10 Legends division. I'll let UofCWildcat figure out which team he wants first.

Burrcat2277
    Will Atkinson

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Ill take Sparty.

25. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think I'll make it exciting and go with Big Blue, then, and see who can steal all the Michigan recruits. Haha. Not sure if I'm able to move folks or not, so we may have to have folks quit out and then rejoin the dynasty with the new squad. If we have to go the latter route, I'll need someone to temporarily take over as commish while I jump out and back in.