Season 3 Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Nov 13, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 3 Playbooks

Hey guys, I know we talked about it in the past, but I don't think anything was finalized. From the consensus though I think we all wanted a little more playbook freedom so long as it was within a certain style. So, here's what I suggest. For season 3, instead of picking a distinct playbook, let's just pick an offensive type. I think it would work best if we did this based on the generic playbooks.

Offensive Styles:
    Spread (UF, Oreg, Miss St, Hawaii, TT, Mizz, etc.)
    West Coast (USC)
    Run Heavy/Option (Ga Tech, AF, Navy, WVU, etc.)
    Pro Style/Balanced (Bama, UGA, ND, Ohio St, Texas, Okla, Miami, etc.)

2. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I like that better. Let's list it here and I will attach it to the main list under PLAYBOOKS.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is the only OD I've played in where we needed to announce our playbooks so I don't know your rationale for making us announce them in the first placed. That being said, I'm sure we would all agree that there is a VAST difference between TTU's (spread) playbook and MSU, or Florida's (spread) playbook. Hawaii vs. Oregon?

Again, I don't know why you wanted us to list our playbook in the first place, but this new method certainly seems to go against whatever your reason was (at least for the spread playbooks).

4. GoGators

The bone head michigan fan makes a good point. :) Not many of the other leagues make posting a playbook mandatory.

5. GoGators

yeah, I vote to scrap the playbook requirement. As long as people don't cheese, there shouldn't be a problem.

6. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

No argument here.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Have one playbook. Just anounce if you change.

I do kind of like knowing what I am going to face.

8. GoGators

What difference does it make really? I can run the Oklahoma playbook and run all I form all game or run spread all game. Same with any other playbook. I can run UF playbook and run option all game or throw it all game with 5 wide. Knowing which playbook your opponent is going to run really won't make a noticeable difference.

And again, I'll support Jello that hardly any other leagues on here require playbooks to be posted.

9. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

The one thing knowing the other teams playbook does is at least let you know what style the other guy is trying to have...

I am willing to scrap the playbook forum if we start a real scouting report forum. After a user game we should announce what worked and didn't work and what the opponent likes to do and what can be exploited. Our game summaries tend to just say what the winning team did well and don't say anything about formations or favorite receivers.

JMO...

10. GoGators

I doubt we'll get thorough scouting reports. Just doesn't seem very likely. Aside from a couple guys, we hardly get more than one sentence game summaries.

11. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

We are lacking since we lost the point spreads...We will all have 3-5 H2H games. I was thinking of a way guys could contribute a paragraph 3-5 times a season since we all seem to busy to contribute something every week....

12. GoGators

True!

I'll have no problem writing up a summary/scouting report after I destroy Bama when they come visit the Swamp this year and we send them home sulking!

:violin:

13. GoGators

did we ever decide how we were doing the playbook thing this year? I don't see a post from the commish finalizing anything.

14. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

No clue.....I am using ksu if any1 cares.....I already post here what two formations I will NOT use star Jackson so there shouldn't be any confusion.