Archived Season 3 Power Rankings Edition 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thafuture3886, Mar 16, 2011.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Season 3 Power Rankings Edition 4
    After a brief hiatus with a hectic work schedule the Power Rankings return. Over the past couple weeks we’ve had plenty of movement as compared to our last edition. We see some teams starting to separate themselves from the rest of the pack as contenders while others may have fell back into the pretender category. One thing is for sure, with a little less than half the season left there is still plenty to be decided, and without further ado here are this week’s power rankings….

1) St. Louis Rams – Riding a 6 game winning streak the Rams land at #1. With the exception of a close call against the Vikings, the Rams have been winning with ease while also scoring 60+ in two of those games. Led by a resurgent Vince Young, the Rams have the league’s top scoring offense while also coming in 2nd in total yards and 3rd in passing yards. The defense still has room for improvement but with a team that can outscore every team in the league, does it matter?

2) Oakland Raiders – On a 6 game winning streak of their own, the Raiders come in at #2. Gotta give it to Pope, with all the preseason talk surrounding this team he has managed to keep his team focused each game and it’s showing. None of their offensive stats will jump at you as they truly spread the ball around to their many weapons but their calling card is their defense. Giving up just under 19 points a game, this defense is as tough as they come this season.

3) New England Patriots – Another team riding a 6 game winning streak, the Patriots appear to be hitting their stride after a rough start. With an explosive offense and stingy defense the Patriots are looking like the most dangerous team in the league due to their balance. The offense ranks in the top 6 in points, yards and passing yards while the defense ranks in the top 10 in points, yards, pass yards allowed and rush yards allowed leading to a tough team to face. Is this the year the Patriots can take down the 2 time AFC East division champ Jets?

4) Washington Redskins – In an ongoing theme in this week’s rankings, the Redskins come in at #4 riding their own 6 game winning streak. Boasting the 5th ranked scoring defense in the league the Redskins appear to use the bend but don’t break defense. In a strange turn, their switch to the 4-3 as a result of injuries has turned out to be a blessing in disguise as this team has taken off since making the switch. The offense has been very efficient all season and with a steadily improving defense, they can go a long way.

5) Dallas Cowboys – In at #5 we have the Dallas Cowboys. Following a tough loss to his brother Rod and his Falcons, the Cowboys used the bye week to refocus and came out in week 10 with an impressive win over division rival Philadelphia. Another offense that spreads the ball around to their many weapons gives defenses headaches as they have no one to key on. The defense comes in 3rd in points, 6th in pass yards and 7th in total yards making it hard for opposing offenses to crack.

6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Following a 2 game losing streak in weeks 6 and 7 the Bucs have rebounded nicely with impressive wins over the Chiefs and Panthers. This team has been following the same mold for 3 seasons, efficient ball control offense and a stingy defense and it’s paying off huge dividends. The league’s top scoring defense with just under 18 points keeps the Bucs in almost every game and allows their offense to just make a couple plays in order to get the win.

7) New York Jets – Coming off a last second loss to the red hot Broncos the Jets come in at #7. Behind a strong run game and an efficient passing game the Jets have the league’s 2nd highest scoring offense while also coming in 2nd in rushing yards and 4th in total yardage. The defense does rank 6th in points allowed but are giving up way too many yards and it’s resulting in the defense being on the field for too long. If the Jets can figure out their defensive woes, they can be a tough out but with the way the Pats and Raiders are playing, the Jets will need to correct them soon.

8) Tennessee Titans – Riding a 3 game win streak and winning 4 out of their last 5, the Titans come in at #8. As to be expected, rookie QB Tyler Dougherty has gone through some growing pains throwing 14 touchdowns as well as 14 picks but this team has managed to stay afloat thanks to some clutch play. The offense and defensive stats don’t jump out at you but this is a team you do not want to see because at any point they can be as good if not better than any team in the league.

9) Carolina Panthers – Going through a rough stretch losing 3 out of their last 5, the Panthers land at #9. Backed by a very balanced team the Panthers do not rank lower than 11th in all 4 major offensive categories and no less than 12th in all 4 defensive categories. They lost an early battle against the rival Bucs and must rebound quick if they hope to fight for the division crown as the season winds down.

10) Miami Dolphins – Rounding out the rankings, we have the Miami Dolphins. Alternating wins and losses for the past 5 weeks, the Dolphins are looking for some consistency. The team continues to be lead by MVP candidate Chris Johnson and their 3rd ranked rushing attack but will need Josh Freeman and Brandon Marshall to step up to stop teams from keying on Johnson. The defense will also need to improve if they plan on making some noise later in the season as well as staying in the fight for the division crown with the Jets and Patriots.

2. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Bad analysis on one team in particular: Mine.

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good stuff Curtis

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Good jinx. I just got blasted by the 0-9 Bears, Lol.

sigh...

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Ah, yes. The curse of the Power Rankings. We've all been recipients of Curtis' jinx (thanks, Curtis). All of us except Pope I believe... Your time's coming, Pope! Keep your head on a swivel! ;) LOL

@dablakpope

6. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

lol at least i'm not biased

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Nice read..Maybe Broncos cant crack the top 10 by seasons end.

8. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

jinxs are for suckers and I'm not fallin in that way of thinkin. Hard-nose defense every week, that's what I'm bringin to the table. Not saying that I will win all my remaining games. the person or persons that beat me will just be playing a better game than me on that particular day.

9. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

and oh yeah, very informative Curtis!

10. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

GET YOUR POPCORN READY POPE BECAUSE THE BRONCOS ARE BACK

11. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

back for what? the ASS Kicking you ran away from in Season #3. I run the West! Simple and Plain! you will see in week 16!

12. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

the ass kicking pepper got? whaa? i remember a 42-14 loss and a 17-6 loss for the black and silver last season agaisnt the broncos. hmmm revisionist histy for for the pope mabe? ;P

13. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

keep remembering the past because thats all you gonna have to enjoy after I thump u in week 16