Season 3 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by astealthyhippo, Nov 3, 2010.

1. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I know BDS said he was taking this season off from doing the Power Rankings, and I figured it wouldn't get picked up by anybody else, so I'm gonna run with it every couple weeks for the remainder of Season 3. Hopefully I've got all the info right in this, I looked at the "Advanced to 2012 Week X" threads to see who beat/lost to who. If I messed something up or you don't agree with something I said, fuck you.

Without further adieu...

1. [​IMG]
    7-0

To be the man, you gotta beat the man. And so far nobody has beaten him since Perry did it in Season 1. He's taken out Nebraska and Miami so far this year. Somebody please beat his ass, because I know I can't.

2. [​IMG]
    6-0

Max has Texas in a good spot right now, and he's already beaten that drunk bastard we knowingly call Perry.

3. [​IMG]
    7-0

Brave is sitting nicely at #1 in the polls right now. He's already beaten Beazus, but the eventual SEC championship game with Perry looms large.

4. [​IMG]
    6-1

Perry has beaten Ohio state and USC this year, but fell to Texas. If he beats Brave in the SEC championship game later this year, I'd say he has a good shot at the BCS championshp game.

5. [​IMG]
    6-0

WVU has played absolutely nobody as of week 9, but is still without a loss. This could change in a big way with games against Notre Dame, Florida, and Miami in the new few weeks. Going 2-1 in those 3 games would be considered a victory.

6. [​IMG]
    5-1

BDS has had some close games in recent weeks, and came up short against Perry. The Buckeyes look good though. I've got em at #6.

7. [​IMG]
    5-2

Beazus is still beating the CPU's ass, but is probably thinking of ways to blow the state of Florida off the map, having lost to Florida and Florida State. Now he turns his attention to his Big 12 schedule and taking care of Texas.

8. [​IMG]
    5-2

Twist has Matt Barkley playing at a high level, and Baxter is running like a man possessed. His only blemishes have come against user foes Alabama and Notre Dame.

9. Washington Huskies (Sorry Emm...need to find the helmet)
    4-2

Emmdot has done a good job in his first year at Washington, including picking up a good win against Nautica and the Hurricanes. He has dropped two tough CPU games to LSU and Oregon State. He still has to play Coach Twist and USC.

10. Miami Hurricanes (Sorry Nautica...need to find the helmet)
    5-2

Nautica lost to Washington and Florida State (in a game w/ heavy lag). He should get another shot at the Noles in the ACC championship game. I have a feeling Nautica will make it quite interesting. Overall, he's done well in his first year in C2C.

11. [​IMG]
    5-2

While Juggernaut has had two great user wins over Michigan and USC, he's dropped two CPU games to Wisconsin and Syracuse [*insert Bitter beer face here*]. Week 10 could turn everything around for Juggernaut though, if they defeat WVU they will take the Big East Crown and the automatic BCS bid.

12. [​IMG]
    3-3

To triple option or not to triple option...that is the question. Bond made things interesting this year, and while he has a stable of fast HBs and QBs, he's already gone down 3 times. Michigan's losses have come to Notre Dame, California, and Michigan State. His big game with Ohio State could make everything better if he wins.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice job with the writeup Hippo. I still have to run the gauntlet to remain #1 in polls. I was a combined 1-3 against my 3 remaining user opponents last season.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

:thumbsup: Proud of ya man! Great job.

I'm not #6 though. You can go ahead and move me down the list. We are banged up and not very deep.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I need Leon to take care of bidness so when I win out the rest of the season I can thrash Knight in the title game.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The good thing with my position/schedule is that I control my own destiny. The bad thing is that destiny includes games with Florida State, Alabama and West Virginia.

6. astealthyhippo

Ehh...My big game I'm worried about is Notre Dame. I need to take care of Big East business first. After that, I'll worry about Florida and Miami. I do think my game with Brave will be the toughest though, mostly due to the difference in talent and it's in the Swamp. Last season I got lucky with about 27 different turnovers that the CPU decided to eff Brave over with. I don't see me getting those this year.

I just hope it's not another user vs CPU BCS championship game this year. That was lame as shit last year.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Good work Hippo, i have a lot of work to do until I can even hold a torch to Noles.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Great job Hippo.. I was actually sitting down and getting ready to do this myself

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You hear that Knight? You have a lame title reign you paper champion ass

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

11. astealthyhippo

Noles definitely earned it going through that gauntlet at the end of the year, but a user vs CPU championship game just kills any suspense or drama at the end of the year. I mean other user vs user bowl games are cool, but it means a little more obviously if its for all the marbles.