Season 3 Press Release

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Sep 29, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Season 3 Press Release

I encourage all deuce members to fill this out...

1.How did you feel your team did this year?
    2.Who was your breakout player
    3.Who was your biggest disappointment
    4.Biggest win
    5.Worst Loss
    6.MVP of your team
    7.Freshman of the year of your team

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

1. Missouri did very well. We had high hopes of winning our conference and possibly getting back to a BCS game but due to Coach KSherm's wage earning job (albeit underpaid), he had to miss a couple games that derailed our goals. We'll be back though.

2. Tyler Gabbert - Can't break out much more than going from riding the pine to winning the heisman.

3. The fuggin Marriott. IF I could of gotten an internet connection to work, we'd probably be Big 12 Champs again!

4. Kicking K-States ass to get revenge from that bullshit buzzer beater last year.

5. Losing to Iowa State on a sim when I was out of town. Then, losing to Oklahoma in the Big 12 CG. Then losing to Ole Miss in the bowl game.

6. Gabbert, not only did he win the heisman, he bagged the hottest coeds all season long too.

7. MLB Deonne Graham. He was a stud in the middle of the defense and made some huge plays for us this season.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

1.We had a great yr that ended with a huge disappointment with a 3rd straight bowl loss.

2.Ryan Wilson 10 picks as a fresham led him to win 2 major defensive awards including the Thorpe award.

3.Luke Kuechly. he was a huge disappointment by not coming back.. he would have made my defense a whole lot better.

4.@Ole Miss. 1st time i ever beat OM so thats automaticcaly jumps to the front.

5.Cal...Still sick to my stomach that a cpu can just jump into supermode and can't be stopped..

6.Sterlin Phifer. Was the leader of the 3 headed monster. will be even better next yr.

7.Ryan Wilson. the best defensive freshamn that i have ever started in all 3 versions..

4. JrRawlins

--Shitty, our offensive line was terrible... which prevented our offense from doing anything.....7-6 is not even close to acceptable....
    Either MLB Ray Adams or CB Scott Barnes both players played very well down the stretch of the season...
    --Besides my O-line probably my HB Ware.. he didnt perform quite as well as we hoped....
    4.Biggest win -- None
    5.Worst Loss -- Missouri
    6.MVP of your team -- Crowder, do i have to explain?
    7.Freshman of the year of your team -- either WR McDaniel or MLB Adams... both had big years.... and should start their entire careers at KSU...

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

I think I won some games I should have lose, and vice versa. I can't complain after a year I go above .500 and win a bowl.

2.Who was your breakout player?

Storm Johnson...who sang "How ya like me now?" to The U all year. Kid had a monster year, and is coming back to play next year.

3.Who was your biggest disappointment?

WR Tony Foster...the guy had all kinds of talent, the second best receiver on my team, and was fifth in balls caught on the team.

4.Biggest win?

Early in the year, I beat Virginia in overtime after a rocky start...that win got me back on track.

5.Worst Loss?

The ACC Championship Game. Our kicker missed to retardedly short field goals in the first half...it would have been a game if I could have made those."

6.MVP of your team?

We had a ton of people step up this year, including some freshman, but the MVP is obviously Storm Johnson. He had 1,700 yards rushing, scored 27 touchdowns and caught something like 23 passes.

7.Freshman of the year of your team?

WR Josh Washington, this redshirt freshman is a freak at 6'7", and I didn't figure out how to use him until the season was almost over...he still caught 38 passes for 14 touchdowns.[/i]

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I thought we really shot are self in the foot in most of our games. Out of the 12 games we played I only lost 3 games by more than 2 TDs. The other 9 games I lost by a total of 35 points which means I lost by an average of 4 points in 9 games. Its good stat to build on for next year.

LE Justin Henderson. He will be a SR this year & we are hoping he has another double digit sack year.

DE Jay Snyder. We recruit him to be are top pass rusher & he hasn't shown it. Coming into his JR year he is now the full time starter, so we will see.

4.Biggest win

Beating LSU. They were heavy favorites.

5.Worst Loss

Without a doubt the loss to South Carolina. To lose on a fumble within their 10 yd line is heartbreaking. Again we shot ourselves in the foot.

6.MVP of your team

LE Justin Henderson

FS Cornelius Hines. Even though he is slow as hell, he made great tackles in the open field & forced 4 fumbles.

7. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Extremely happy because I could not get a QB to be consistent all year. Plus my defense was worse than terrible.

Jay Cooper. My True Freshman outside linebacker.

Connor Shaw, my QB. I was expecting a big year from here, but he dissapointed. With my other QB going pro, it is his team next year.

4.Biggest win

Against Florida. It was the first time I have defeated them in this game.

5.Worst Loss

Alabama in the SECCG. That would have been nice to beat Alabama and win the SEC back-to-back.

6.MVP of your team

Gurley my senior WR. He really stepped up this year.

Jay Cooper at OLB. He is awesome.

8. theSANDMAN215

JR - check out sacks allowed. Kansas State is in 1st by a TON. I'm surprised because you always run the ball so well. I always thought you were exaggerating on your o-line, but ouch.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

Eh. Could have been better and definitely could have been a lot worse. I lost some conference games I shouldn't have and it buried me early.

I think FR WR Ben Smith showed what he is capable of as a vertical threat. HB Lovell Jackson came out of no where and rushed for 21 TDs.

My defense as a whole. It didn't matter what it was, they rarely rised to the challenge. If the offense was running the ball well, we didn't tackle. If the team was throwing well, we didn't create pressure and stick our guys. Frustrating year in that respect.

4.Biggest win

Duke is a rivalry game that I'm always thankful that I win, but finally beating NC State and beating a good Stanford team in the Brut Sun Bowl are both equally special.

5.Worst Loss

They are all bad. Losing to shitty ACC teams is really demoralizing. Especially after blowing out good teams.

6.MVP of your team

QB Brendan Cross is growing into a very good QB and really carried the team until his injury. It showed how heavy the load was when we lost him for the last regular season game and the bowl due to injury.

WR Ben Smith is going to be a playmaker. CB Marlin Schmidt did a good job returning the ball on special teams and covering up their 3rd or 4th WR on passing situations.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Kosh needs to lay off the krispy kreme's. That boy's got some seriously sticky fingers with how long he holds onto the ball.

11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Disappointing year in the SEC. Losses to LSU and Bama were just unacceptable.

Rodney Scott had a huge year after taking over Brandon Bolden and Enrique Davis.

Loss to Boston College as a result of missing an onside kick.

4.Biggest win

Beating Mizzou was sweet revenge after getting throttled by them last year.

5.Worst Loss

Boston College recovering an onside kick costing me a big win.

6.MVP of your team

Rodney Scott was pretty solid at HB, and a great KR and PR.

Brett Brown had a solid year, but too many damn drops.

12. JrRawlins

I openly admit i will take a sack instead of thread a needle sometimes, but other times players just come free, i would barely get into my drop and have to avoid a pass rusher or just get sacked... I would watch the replays at times and just shake my head like damn....

13. theSANDMAN215

Having a great o-line can turn a so-so offense into a solid offense.

I try to constantly recruit o-linemen for depth.

14. JrRawlins

Yeah unfortunately, the first year i needed o-lineman pretty desperately, and those recruits were average to terrible... and now some of those guys are starting.. so its definitely a process... but they are developing so hopefully next season we can be second in sacks allowed.....(y)