Season 3 Recruiting Caps and Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Nov 21, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Season 3 Recruiting Caps and Updates

Listed below is the recruit cap number of each team as it stands right now. These may be adjusted slightly depending on transfers and players leaving early.

Alabama- 17 available scholarships
    Florida State- 20 available scholarships
    Georgia Tech- 17 available scholarships
    LSU- 19 available scholarships
    Miami- 18 available scholarships
    Michigan- 22 available scholarships
    NC State- 18 available scholarships
    Notre Dame- 12 available scholarships
    Ohio State- 14 available scholarships
    Penn State- 21 available scholarships
    Tennessee- 8 available scholarships

I added 2 in for Michigan since i have 2 walk on FB's that I will cut
    I added 2 in for NCST and UT since there are new coaches, it is only fair since we went uncapped last year that they can have 2 extra.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

The following players have already committed to Michigan

DE(5) Henry Bradford
    C(5) Terrel Williams
    TE(4) Jason Hines
    FS(4) Jamar Wilson
    K(4) Darrell Wyatt
    G(4) Robert Coe
    CB(4) Zac Gordon
    WR(3) Nick Jackson
    DE(3) Joshua Jones
    CB(3) Devon Winston
    G(3) Kenny Smith

The following are soft commits to UM

WR(3) Kyle Daniels
    ATH(3) Stanford White
    MLB(3) Matt Moore
    OLB(3) Michael Wheeler

Others on Radar

T(3) Mike McNeal
    DT(3) Drew Smith

11 players have already been signed and I assume I will get the other 6 I have listed. That would put UM at 17 signees heading into the off-season, leaving room for 5 scholarships in the off-season.

3. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Just a heads up I think I have more than 12 available scholarships. I do only have 10 seniors, but I only have 64 players on the team I think. So I should be around 18 available.

4. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

So we're not oversigning anymore at all? No +2 anymore?

5. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Noknee, you have 12 available scholarships. You get the amount of players leaving plus 2. The whole reason we did this was to avoid oversigning and then cutting to get back to 70.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Word. Keep an eye on him hood. He tries to sign everybody!!!

Hood is watchin out for all you cap overspenders

7. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I will be monitoring the recruiting numbers closely, and there will be penalties for exceeding them, let's not push it boys. And I would like to see some recruiting updates in this thread, let the world know who's comin to play for you.

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

he should have 18.
    The default rosters were short players and many teams started the season with less than 70 players.
    The reason we did this is to limit the amount of cut players to 2. The point of the cap is to only have 72 players when you go to the cut player screen, plain and simple.

open roster spots + players leaving + two more recruits = cap number.
    during the season you can only count srs leaving and open roster spots and add two recruits. Guys might go pro or transfer but you cant guess or predict that.

me and Hood already text about this.

so to all again your cap is-
    follow my example-
    players less than 70(i have only 67 players on my roster)+3 , plus seniors(i have 15) +15, and you can recruit 2 more than that
    =3+15+2=20 recruits equal your first cap number.
    when i get to cut player screen i will have 72 players on my team.

When we get to the off season, If you have transfers and guys go pro you can add those player spots to your recruit number.

with that said since everyone can count their roster and see how many players you need to get to 72, if you get to cut players with more than 72 that is a recruiting violation pain and simple.

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Shouldn't you be gameplanning smace? :)

10. Iron Mickey

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

[​IMG]

11. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

The problem with that is if you cut 6-8 guys you dont need then your roster can easily sit at 64 guys giving you a lot of extra scholarships each year, especially if your recruits dont turn out the way u want. I dont know if Noknee cut extra players or not im just saying thats possible. It should almost be mandatory that u have 70 guys on your roster, then its always seniors +2. If you dont make your recruiting limit and are not up to 70 players then you should post it so everyone knows your not cutting extra players just so you have more scholarships available each year.

12. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Uh, I'm not going to lie I was guilty of what this was. It wasn't listed but I figured I'd manipulate my roster to give me the most available scholarships with the least amount of "dead weight" on the roster. I had 70 players at the cut screen last year but cut 6, was this a violation in the rules?

13. Iron Mickey

Yes you damn cheater and scumbag....you will now be removed from the league...lol

j/k

14. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Just to clarify, here is how recruiting is working for this season. You get to recruit your roster up to 72. If you then get to 72, you will have 2 players to cut. Exceeding 72 results in penalties. This way we will all be at 70 going into next season and then the players leaving +2 rule will be able to work.

15. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I think where you are getting it confused is the point of the cap is to make sure you never have more than 72 players on your roster, and no more than 6 five star recruits, not to make sure you dont sign a certain number of recruits. The other reason is if every team cut 5 players given our team strengths, that would be 60 players a season, that would start somewhere else in the dynasty for a CPU team, that is deleted a year from the dynasty. Making all the other teams weaker.

And the only reason it is really 2 over is because in real life the second the guy on the phone commits, you know you have 70 players. In the game you get commits in groups and have no control of exactly when you get 70 committed players on your roster.

The cap Particularly eliminates the illegal in real life and unsim strategy of cutting guys you just recruited because you signed so many players. That is illegal in real life.
    If ND starts a season with less depth there is no benefit to that and the bottom six guys in his recruiting class, since you assume guys will get their top targets first, are usually not impact or that great of players.
    As we all can see it takes a few years for even most 5 stars to be good enough to be productive all conf type players.
    A high three star JR who is on your roster, is almost always better than a new 5 star fresh.(DT and safeties are the exceptions sometimes). Of course the 5 star will develop into an all american and the 3 star is about as good as he will ever be.

Alot more guys get kicked off the team for team rules or are ineligeble or transfer that affect teams rosters then the game portrays. This kind of throws that into it where you can cut/ kick-off some players during or prior to a season and risk not having depth or the quality to replace them.(see Tenn incident, Syr top wr quit, Oreg HB Blount suspended, in real life).