Season 3 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Season 3 Recruiting Discussion

I meticulously set up my board, have a new strategy, and so far it seems to be working from my week 1 calls.

Lets hope we can sign some of these brutes...nobody flashy except that crazy QB. We need anchors and speed on defense.

Lets Go Badgers!!

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

There are only 2 five stars who are not interested in Wisconsin. They must not watch the games. ;)

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Justin.tv gives that fucker an edge.

I did set up a week 1 Wisconsin user/user game to get the Badgers' media hype machine going.

I signed a pair of 4-star players that had me #1, I doubt they are players that anybody will go after, but in the instance where I might be able to screw somebody like I always get screwed, I won't mention the names, lol.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Signed a DE Mario Parrish, 3-star DE, not sure anyone was going after him anyway.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I did very well on the crazy QB and a CB I so desperately need. I have alot of 5 stars on my board that are in my pipline and I am in the top 5 not far from the leader....but the number 1 guy on my board is a CB that probably no users will go after....there are so few though. Out of anyone I need a CB!!!!

Cant wait for next week to see where we stand and reshuffle the board if need be.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You have quite a spread to dig through.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah only I can fuck this up.

8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Recruiting this year should be interesting. For starters, Cal and I are five stars now so Rusty won't have the inside track to California - at least not without a fight.

A big plus for me this year is significantly improved pitches. Instead of just Academic Prestige, I also have As in Athletic Facilities and Program Tradition. Going from 1 to 3 green pitches is huge. Three other categories also jumped to B+ (Pro Potential, Coach Prestige and Fan Base) to go along with Conference Prestige.

I also opened up pipelines to Arizona and Georgia last year, to go with Texas and California.

Got a nice group of recruits lined up hopefully, but need to stay away from some of the sexy positions this year and load-up on some needed positions. That means resisting the urge to sign two or three HBs again lol.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Me and Helli were rapping last night about how different it is to see some of the best players on your team under 85 OVR.

I'm having a good time building my squad of raggamuffins up.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this year is going to suck on the recruiting trail... will be more about quantity than quality. I'm set at WR and HB for the next 4 years, and that's all that seems to want to come to Pitt this year... boo.

going to be a lean year on the trail because im ignoring alot of skill positions and focusing on needs.

11. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Purdue will be focusing on the O and D line this season. Other than that it's going to be a mostly defensive class for us.

12. BlyGilmore

btw anybody else notice some dog shit, highly touted recruits?

i understand speed isn't the end all, be all, but at the same time recruits really need to have a minimum speed at certain positions. i.e. one of the top safeties in the class would be slow for a linebacker let alone a strong safety. and there are some WRs out there with C+ speed.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

What's a highly touted recruit? Don't think I've seen any.

14. BlyGilmore

A highly touted recruit is one that, by definition, wants to go to UCLA.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Oh so all those kids that Wisconsin has interested, I get it. I only have 1 kid on my board that I could consider a potential stud. F.in sad days in East Lansing.

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

LVille will take anyone and any position who is interested in us.

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

There are some decent players that want to go to school at UCLA but not as many as you seem to think. I am not crying or saying anything like that...but it isnt as good as Pitt or Wizzconsin.

I see Stanford, Cal and Washington on a ton of lists with me. I dont think your hurting bro!! ;)

We arent after that many of the top 150 honeslty. I just cut ten guys off my board in week one after I spent my ten hours. This class for us will be quality (I hope) over quanity like last year.

I am on some lists of guys but have little hope out crootin a few users and or big boy CPU teams. Very few of the top players have us top three.

I believe at the end of this season my class from last year will be way better then this class.

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i have had ONE 5* interested in me and i didn't get him... Pitt is not some HOTBED of recruiting... you got it made in Cali... just cause your feeling guilty for cheesing everyone on the recruiting trail, don't point your stinky finger at me.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Speed is good but acceleration is good too from what I've seen.

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

7-5 will do that to you my brother... ;)

Not guilty I tell you, nor am I asking for anyones sympathy....I just like to discuss this stuff and it isnt like we are tops on all lists as some would like to make it seem.

I still see Pitts dirty name on some good recuits top ten lists. Five stars are very hard to come by for everyone imo, We have landed two so far in the last two classes, neither of which is what I would call an impact player.

I am not sure we will land a five star player this year either Ryno, we are number one on a guys list and its going to be tough to land him.

One is a starting G now who compares very closely to the four star guy starting at the other G spot, the other is a slow WR who has to redshirt this season to have a prayer of playing next year. Helli loves him, me not so much.

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well Wizconsin is 6 Stars now so I expected to have a decent # of recruits interested. I love my list but it in now way means I am going to sign these guys. It is nothing like 2009. I have to fight Alabama, LSU, Texas, Florida to sign these kids and that is no easy task.

While I love and very happy with my board it doesnt mean I will have a great year. If anyone can fuck up recruiting it is me!

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Agreed. and I can't help you out with tips yet. (nor would I if I could) lolol.

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

I have this sick feeling it was me that got screwed....I popped two insta signs last night that helps.

Stanford is definitely out there on the Map getting it done. We are looking at some nice battles in CA. Lets just hope Rusty doesnt insta sign away in week 1.

Agreed I would rather be Wisconsin this year than UCLA. But lets not shed any tears for the Bruins. The Bruins are in position to have just as strong as class as last year and we will not by into any other nonsense the Athletic Department is putting out.

Pitt is real close to some power football areas. Dont worry about Cali and get your own pipelines

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Love when Fosh posts!!!

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah it's like Christmas morning.