Season 3 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Bulldog, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Aww snap! USC with 4 instant commits week 1 :D

OLB Ryan Carpenter.PNG CB Reggie Schroeder.PNG ATH Kirk Malone 1.PNG ATH Kirk Malone 2.PNG WR Anthony Joseph.PNG

2. Bulldog

• Like Like x 1
  3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

*pulls offer off of Kirk Malone quietly*

• Like Like x 2
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I signed two guys ....... to be named later ;)

unless somebody , maybe I Peench can figure out why I am like the only PFP'er to not have a sig yet :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulldog

Ryno must hate you lol...... Bucs doesn't have his either

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Nor do I :(

7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Capture.PNG
    We will be losing both our RT's after this season, so this kid may start depending on if I decide to change a LT to RT in the offseason.

8. Ghost

He will get a redshirt then probably start afters sitting on the bench for 2 seasons.

Capture.PNG
    This guy was soft commited to EMU, before we got a 700 point call and stole him. He will be our backup HB next year and get 2nd String carries. I expect him to be our 3rd down back as well.
    Capture.PNG

9. Baron

Harvey White.JPG Tyjuan Herring.JPG

Both White and Herring fill an immediate need and could both start immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ghost

Capture.PNG
    Will take a redshirt then probably start the next season
    Capture3.PNG
    Redshirt then start the next season also
    Capture4.PNG
    Will have a battle with another T I got to see who gets the starting RT spot

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

:5stars: WR Patrick Johnson (Hartsville, SC)
    Johnson is a freak of an athlete I was able to yank from the grip of the Miami Hurricanes and Coach Bucs. Though I haven't scouted him much, he has a 4.24 40 and 93 jump and is 6'3 217. Out of the state of South Carolina, one can't help but be reminded of AJ Green when looking at this kid. I have to actually scout him before I decide if he'll redshirt/play next year, but he'll be an integral part of the offense moving forward and a HUGE weapon. Coach Peench's first 5* recruit of the OD!

:4stars: TE Chris Jones (Uniontown, PA)
    Rumor has it, Mike E and the Seminoles coveted this 6'7 monster of a human being. He is as well balanced of a TE as could be, and I have him at a 77 overall but have scouted him only about halfway. Has good speed, good receiving ability, and is a stout blocker. Very complete player.

:4stars: G Mario Smith (Windemere, NC)
    The #12 ranked G in the country, the Heels snatched Smith away from Bucs and the Miami Hurricanes. This instate prospect will most likely redshirt, then eventually earn a starting spot.

:4stars: OLB Ian Miller (Silver Lake, NC)
    Another in-state product, the Heels kept the #11 OLB in state with a clutch X2 before his visit week, just holding off Coach DerekC and the VaTech Hokies. Miller has an incredible burts at 97 acceleration. Will likely redshirt and be a 4 year starter, as some talent graduates after next season.

:3stars: G Anthony Justice (Nikiski, AK)
    Alaskan resident like our very own Coach JFace907. This JUCO prouct will come in and immediately provide good depth at a thin G position. Possible starter by his senior season.

:3stars:K Vernon Page (Mooresville, NC)
    Page will come and have an impact right away. The instate prospect is an 82 overall with very good leg strength.

:3stars:MLB Jon Thomas (Maple Shade, NJ)
    Coach Peench and the Heels have been hitting Jersey hard of late, and this MLB is a fantastic addition to the program. Though only scouted 56%, he jumped up +5 to a 74 with 85 speed, an incredible 87 blockshed, and good tackling ability. He also possesses ideal size at 6'4 241 lbs.

:3stars:T Sylvester Miles (Arbutus, MD)
    Miles is quite the gem, bumping up +7 to a 77 overall. At 6'5 296 pound, Miles looks the part of an elite offensive tackle. He needs to work on his run blocking a bit, but he is as good as they get when it comes to pass protection. Perhaps a redshirt candidate, he could also come in and provide instant depth for the Heels behind starting LT Jermaine Hobbs.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Nice job grabbing the wr. I wasn't too confident about holding on to him with only being four stars. And I was never going after that guard. So you didn't exactly snatch him

• Like Like x 1
  13. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Weird, seemed like you were. Oh well

14. Bucs

With 7 out of my 16 Scholarships filled here is an update on Miami's class so far....

(In Order of Commitment)

1. :4stars: (72 60% Scouted) Athlete #28 Nolan King out of Tecumseh, Oklahoma. Most likely a QB, we have struggled to get a pocket passing QB interested in Miami so we have to take athletes the past few seasons. 85 Speed, 82 THP and 78 ACC. He will have time to sit and learn the position.

2.:4stars: (73 64% Scouted) Middle Linebacker #4 out of Arab, Alabama. 83 Speed, 92 Acceleration 91 pursuit. Still havent uncovered his ability to tackle but he should be solid in the middle and help bolster the LB Corp.

3. :4stars: (71 64% Scouted) Cornerback #17 Oliver Hill out of Garner, North Carolina. Appears to be a decent coverage guy, with 94 speed. He insta-committed once we offered him the scholly. Really wants to be a Cane.

4. :4stars: (76 OVR 100% Scouted) Defensive Tackle #5 Josh Collier out of Hyattsville, Maryland. A bit undersized for our defense, but he has solid technique and if he adds some weight to his 6'5 frame he will fill in nicely.

5. :3stars: (75 OVR 100% Scouted)Defensive End #24 Dwayne Ramsey out of Herndon, Virginia. Ramsey is a gem recruit who went from 69 to 75. At 6'3 247 we like his size, he is good at recoginizing plays and pursuing the ball carrier. He needs to be a bit stronger though.

6. :4stars: (73 OVR 100% Scouted) Tackle #7 Kevin Davis out of North Fort Myers, Florida. 6'4 302 is the kind of size we want in a tackle. He is more of a run blocker which is good because the offense may be shifting more towards the run. He may get moved inside.

7. :4stars: (74 OVR 100% Scouted) Cornerback # 12 Eric Smith out of Dade City, Florida. A very physical corner who has a 90 press rating. He is good in coverage and has 93 speed and 88 jumping. A very solid addition to the Cornerbacks. He started out as a UGA lean but the allure of playing at home was too much.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

This monster ATH will be put on the DL. With both DEs leaving after this year Kelly has a great opportunity to come in and play right away.
    [​IMG]

Moore will be redshirted and could possibly be moved to Center if Coach Saw cannot find a worthy recruit.
    [​IMG]

16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

With SR SS Ryan Murphy leaving opens up a great opportunity for Nick Wilson to come in and start immediately. The competition between him and Josiah Jenkins starts now
    [​IMG]

Again with another SR leaving (DJ Welch) leaves the door wide open for Jackson to possibly come in and take the starting spot.
    [​IMG]

17. Bucs

Miami's class is at 15 right now and they have only one more scholarship to offer, it has rumored to be offered to a QB out of Alabama. Lets update you on the guys that have committed since the last update.

8. :4stars: (75 OVR 100% Scouted) #18 Center Buck Johnson out of Carol City, Florida. This is a local kid who wanted to be a cane a few years ago but didnt have the grades. He played well an has earned a scholarship offer. This is a position of need for the Canes with SR Center Shane McDermott Graduating and he has a good shot at stepping and and starting next season.

9. :4stars: (76 OVR 100% Scouted) #6 Tackle Kiel Smith out of Corinth, Mississippi. Smith is a highly ranked Tackle, but UM has made it clear to him that they intend to move him inside to play Center. He will have time to redshirt and learn the position since Buck Johnson and RS FR Kyle Johnson will fight for the starting role next season. Smith also had an offer from Penn State.

10. :3stars: (76 OVR 100% Scouted) #22 Defensive End Gary Greene out of Whiteville, North Carolina. At 5'11 236 Greene is a little small for the end spot, but he is tenacious at the line and a solid all around end who makes up for lack of size with his effort. Miami likes scrappy players and he fits the mold. He will be a part of a pretty deep defensive line and fill in where needed until he can become a starter.

11. :1stars: (67 OVR 100% Scouted) #24 Fullback Steve Richardson out of Dentsville, South Carolina. Richardson is a solid blocking Fullback and is insurance in case RS FR Scott Powers goes down next season. At 252 pounds Richardson is solid and will be a key special teams player.

12. :4stars: (73 OVR 100% Scouted) #4 Cornerback Charles Reed out of Oak Ridge, Florida. Reed wont have to see the field right away which is good. He is a smart corner but could use improvement in some areas, with some coaching he will turn into one of the better corners on the team.

13. :4stars: (73 OVR 100% Scouted) #46 Wide Receiver Zach Jackson out of Burlington, Kentucky. Jackson is the epitome of a balanced wide out. He has very good hands , runs good routes, wont blow you away with his speed but he is going to catch the ball, hold onto it and maybe break a tackle or two. A solid addition to the WR corps.

14. :4stars: (72 OVR 100% Scouted) #5 Tight End Justin Hood out of Urbandale, Iowa. Hood looks to return to Miami the tradition of excellent Tight End play. He may not look like much but he is a very good football player. At 6'4 231 Miami likes his size, he can run, he can catch, he can block. He is also elusive for his size. He will make a nice target once he gets on the field.

15. :4stars: (78 OVR 100% Scouted) #11 Tackle Dominque Francis out of Bristol, Tennessee. This is the tackle of the future for the Canes. He is a man child at 6'4 324 and rates out highly in all blocking categories. Miami and TCU were fighting it out for his services. OL Coach Art Kehoe is excited about this kid and cant wait for him to hit the field. He wont have to play right away so expect him to spend time in the weight room next season getting bigger and stronger.

18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Filling the two DE positions next just got even tighter. After defeating the #1 team in the land Calvin Pittman decided to commit to OSU. It was a fierce battle with Syracuse as they were his #1 choice every week.
    [​IMG]

19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

This was a huge pickup for Oregon State. Tolbert can play SS, RB and possibly OLB but for OSU he will be a powerback/goaline RB and a SS. His size was what caught the eyes of OSU's coaching staff and they were definitely relieved to hear him commit
    [​IMG]

The young DL just got some more depth with Drew Carroll. He could possibly take a starting in a few years but right now he will be redshirted.
    [​IMG]

With some Juniors going to be Seniors next year Coach Saw decided to go out and grab two more OLBs. The first one committed a couple of weeks ago and now Patrick Hayneswill be a Beaver.
    [​IMG]

20. Baron

Both Haynes and Nelson provide so desperately needed depth to the Ute secondary while Massey is yet another HB with potential to contribute. Massey will likely redshirt.

Mike Haynes.JPG Brandon Massey.JPG Brian Nelson.JPG

21. Bulldog

22. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Baron

Same.

24. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

What they said

25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

so what happens to my 2 athletes that I did not get to pick positions for before we advanced ? anyone know ?