Season 3 Recruiting...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Drifterbub, May 14, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Season 3 Recruiting...

I managed to land two :4stars: in the PS #9 G and PS# 5 ATH. The G will have a chance to start. I have a load of prospects coming in for a visit this week (10) so hopefully I'll get some good news after the game.

Is it just me, or is this class just lacking? More a depth year for me, at least.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

yeah this class has a few playmakers at OLB but not much more than that. I think I'm going to land another top 10 Qb in this class though.

3. HoleInTheSky

HoleInTheSky Guest

the last couple weeks will be huge for me that's when i have most of my recruits scheduled to visit

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I got a pledge from a :4stars: WR with A spd. I was lucky to get him from Marshall and Bowling Green, both were going after him hard.

Also received a Soft Verbal from a :4stars: FS and a :4stars: ATH that will likely play TE, DE, or OLB.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

UCF made a splash this week on the recruiting trail. After evaluating the former staffs recruits and offers on the table the new coaching staff had to restructure their board and removed a few offers from seniors that did not meet their needs and to reach out to those that did have offers and were still wanted by the staff. Coach York has commented that the fans need to give him some time for the position coach's to get their players into school. Tackle and Wide Receiver were the two major needs for next year. UCF is losing 5 wide receivers and 2 tackles. I will keep you all updated as the weeks move closer to signing day.

As a side note I have offered 24 scholarships and need to trim this down to 20 next week sorry I was so excited about playing last night I didn't read the recruiting rules. I have 17 seniors ships, 3 cushion ships. In the offseason is it ok to cut a few dead weight players to give myself more ships in the following year?

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yes. New coaches are allowed to 'clean house' to a certain extent. Just don't go crazy.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Rice bring in two more :4stars: in FS Jason Williams PS# 2 (6'1'' 199 4.33) and ATH Steve Berg PS #3 (6'1'' 182 4.33). Berg will likely join Williams in the secondary.

This brings Rice up to the #6 class in the nation with a total of five :4stars: commitments.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

hey guys, question about recruiting limits. I calculate my scholarships this year as 22 (13 SRs + 3 cushion + 70 - 64)

Does this mean I can only have 22 outstanding offers at any one time, or can I offer as many as I want but once I start getting commits, I need to start rescinding offers on others?

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Only 22 out at a time.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

drifter cleaning house. must be nice working out of texas.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Ha, I'm not even sure how many of those guys are in Texas. I didn't check. I know the FS is from Gatesville. The name caught my eye as they were in my district in High School.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Wow, the hiring of new offensive guru head coach KSherm has sent heads spinning in Kalamazoo this week. The recruiting board has been completely revamped and updated with many new faces. The highest priority was addressing the depleted depth at the outside linebacker position as well as beginning to rebuild the trenches.

Western Michigan which sits at 4-6 on the year has no where to go but up and hopefully the hard work on the recruiting trail will help this happen sooner rather than later. WMU currently has the #17 recruiting class in the nation which is topped off by 4 star recruit QB David McNeal. The signing of this kid really has people excited in Kalamazoo, especially the new head ball coach, because this kid should compete for the starting job on day one thanks to his rocket of an arm and high awareness. The other signees are at DE, CB, and SS and with WMU picking up a few more soft commits this week, the `10 class is going to start filling out over the next couple weeks.

So, watch out, here come the Broncos!!!

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Nice write up WMU pulling in the #14 ranked class damn must be nice....(y)

14. HoleInTheSky

HoleInTheSky Guest

i have tons of recruits visiting this week if I'm gonna hit big on recruiting here's my biggest chance

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I had some guys in for week 13. Really looking like I'm in a position to pull in a great class. I just have way too many needs, though.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

My class will suck. On the plus side any recruits I get on D will start immediately. Or maybe that's a bad thing.