Season 3 Recruiting....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Sep 14, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Season 3 Recruiting....

This class looks pretty good.....

2. JrRawlins

i got 15 scholarships this season.... with a few needs ( DE, SS and QB) i am surprisingly stacked at my linebackers spots for the next 2 or 3 years, unless i have some mass transfers....

there are some silly players available in this recruiting class if you can find them...:)

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    There is a lot of speed, which I know makes JR happy.

I'm so screwed it's not even funny. I have to start winning games, but I just don't have the team without Fuller and Gray.

4. JrRawlins

i actually have a decent amount of speed at WR now.... even though i redshirted Nicholson.... but there is some nice speed available, too badd none of it is intersted in Virginia.... the only 5 star program in the country with 2 top 100 recruits interested....(y)

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Unlike last year I actually have some good players interested in Georgia Tech. The weird part is that there are NO good halfbacks intersted and I have a bunch of seniors there this year.

6. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I really like this class, I have a lot of players interested in me in the areas that i need....OL and LB. Staying away from the skill players this year, as i am set with three FR HB's, 4 FR WR's, and my future QB all being recruited in the last two years.

7. JrRawlins

I really gotta find a QB after looking at my backups last night.... if Smalls goes down for any amount of time this season, the Wahoos are done.... i mean finished... needless to say i will be recruiting QB's heavy, as i really focused on strengthening my O-line linebackers and Wr's the past two seasons... now i will switch to QB, HB and DL...

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Season 3 Recruiting Discussion ...

wow. there are some studs in this class. too bad the ones I want have about 10 users on them.

9. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

With us going to only 1 buffer scholarship, that leaves me with 8 open spots (Im assuming I can still cut the transfer).

I need OL help, and Im going to try and sign at least 4 OL. I will sign 5 if someone else transfers. I don't need CB's so of course the CB class is sick. Need to sign at least 1 FS and 1 S and 1 OLB. I hate how my class is spread out, i have 20 Juniors next year, so will have to cast a much wider net next year, so I need 8 at need spots.

10. OMlawdog

There are some really good looking players in this year's class.

Just glad I have EIGHT freaking scholarships. Of course next year I have 20, so at least I have that going for me.

11. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Just combining the two recruiting threads.

12. JrRawlins

i am curious to see who goes after how with the scholarship limits some of us have.... i am happy i have the 15 scholarships i have.... next season i will have 14, and i am hoping i have some guys transfer away as playing time was on of the main reason they came to UVA and they have ZERO chance of seeing the field...... even for special teams..lol

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I have 22(not counting JR's) schollies avail(7 open spots and 15 SR)....going after OL and CB the rest are wants...

14. JrRawlins

damn there are 6 like studs HB's availble and none of them have interested in UVA..... at least a few of the quarterbacks do.... hopefully i can grab one...

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

This is going to be a tough recruiting year for me. I have 23 seniors and 68 total players, so I can use the full 25 -- it is just very difficult to sign that many quality guys! Luckily, like you guys said, there are some diamonds in the rough out there. Good luck everyone!

16. JrRawlins

i got some interest bump from some guys without really putting any time into them which is nice for a change.....

and there are gonna be some user wars for a couple of lineman..... i see like 4 or 5 O-lineman with at least 3 users in their top 5 and they all already have scholly offers....

sidenote: stay away from the #1 tackle in the country... he has UVA at #1.... and i will be pouring minutes into him... that is all......

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I might have to take a looks..maybe sims can tell him how great it is down here in Georgia....(y)

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am going to need to play Flo next season. Mother fucker has signed every player that I have ACTUALLY needed the past two seasons. Last year, it was linebackers. I am losing BOTH of my centers after this year, and the #1 C was interested in FSU, so what does Flo do?

I am requesting the game be in Tallahassee next season. Then, after I whoop Flo's ass in front of all of my recruits, I'll whoop his ass the following season in front of his. *Shakes fist at Flo*

:D ;)

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It seems to be a tradition now for people to call out Flo in the recruiting thread lol...

20. JrRawlins

is there any recruits list that USC is not on?

sidenote: Fuck Sims....

21. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

LOL. I'm #2 i think on his list. love to get o-line players. should be a good battle.

on a side note, i was able to secure the #1 center this season in the first week.

22. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

I thought I locked the #1 Center in week 1. I could be wrong.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

You did Flo.

.|..

24. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Ok, cool thanks Basis for checking... Sorry Sand.

25. OMlawdog

Ohio State grabbed the OG I wanted, and he was number 1 on my entire board. Im a little pissed to say the least.

So far this recruiting class has started as poorly as one has ever started for me.