Season 3 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wake lands 3 commits from four stars in week one- 2 coming from the state of Georgia, and one from NC.

:4stars:WR - Stan Bryant 6'1 / 185 - West Augusta, GA

Stan is a player with solid speed that should fit into the new system Wake is implementing very well. The 6'1 speedster has solid hands and good jumping ability. A good mix of speed (B+) accel (B) and agility (B-) should make him a bit of a shifty guy who might be able to make some plays after the catch. Look for him to redshirt and slowly work his way into the starting lineup at a position that is fairly deep for Wake.

:4stars:RB Scott Webb 5'11 / 205 - Fort Benning South, GA

Scott is a nice little running back with average receiving skill for the position, but the same mix of speed, accel, and agil as Stan Bryant. C+ elusiveness also shows his ability to make guys miss, and is a skill he will only get better with. Look for Scott to make an impact in a year or two, as Wake did not sign a RB last season-- so it will basically be his position to lose.

:4stars:ATH Cody Guerrero 6'0 / 171 - Hickory, NC

Cody is a good all around athlete who figures to transfer to the FS or CB position. B- in both coverage skills, C catching, and solid speed-agility traits should make him a solid coverage guy in Wake's scheme. If he can separate himself from some of the younger DB's once he gets on campus (like I think he will) then look for him to be on the field rather quickly.

A great start for Wake on the recruiting trail, hopefully they can keep it up on the field.

2. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Need a dislike button for this bullshit...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

*cough* suck it *cough*

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Good stuff. I must be the worst recruiter in the dynasty because I can hardly ever get commits during the season and you're getting them the first week haha

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I have certain strategies-- nothing complicated though.

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Gay, I had 3 guys have me #1....all 3-stars of course. And none of them committed.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That's cuz Winston Salem > West Lafayette

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

and are you like banned from chat or what?

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Telling guys to come to your school because you give great head is not a strategy -_-

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

True, must be why you are doing so hot on the recruiting trail...

bayum

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Damn....Love the FNG taking a shot at Kasper... But he's just a rookie and Kasper fired back with the better burn. Tough to get the best of a veteran douche

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I tried. It's my usual jab at people who recruit like this. My buddy got 4 :4stars: Stars and and 1 :5stars: Week one in our OD this year and it pissed me off. I got zero insta commits =[

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

yeah, he ballsed up- gotta give him credit.

14. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

If I don't finish in the top 10 recruiting this year it will be a MAJOR disappointment.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

A downward spiral you might say?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

With as many seniors as I have, I finally think this year should put me in the top 10 in recruiting

Got an instant Commit week 1
    [​IMG]
    Brian Mayo - QB :4stars:
    "Mayo can throw the football. He has the size to comfortably survey the field over the linemen, he has shown great field vision, and his arm strength speaks for itself. His arm and size are his biggest strengths, but he really needs to work on his footwork and mobility. He is always going to be a drop-back passer, but his improving in those areas will allow him to buy time for his receivers and help with his consistency." - Chad Simmons

The 6-foot-5, 203-pounder from Warren County High School also had interest in Alabama, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Florida, LSU and Oklahoma, among others, over the last year and he camped at many of his favorites in July.

“Yes, Wisconsin and Alabama, those were my two favorite schools,” Mayo told the us. “I just felt like the whole situation at Wisconsin is better for me. It was really tough to pick between those two. I was born in Ohio, and I have family still there. But I was just blown away by everything Wisconsin had to offer. It’s kind of weird saying that, when you’re talking about a school like Alabama right there. I don’t know, I just had a different feeling about Wisconsin … it was just a better fit for me.”

“I’ve been praying a lot about [my decision] for the longest time. With all the signs I had been getting, my family and I felt like Wisconsin was where I was supposed to go. I really feel blessed for this opportunity. I want to thank my friends, family, teammates and coaches for all of their help in getting me to this point, and also says thanks again to the colleges that looked at me.”

Then came the hard part — delivering the news to runner-up Alabama. But it went rather well after the Mayo family contacted Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, according to the QB. “Alabama wished me the best of luck, said they were excited for me and that if I still wanted to visit them this year that I could come to any games that I wanted to. I thought that was very nice and classy of them.”

Having signed Robert Gandy in 2011 and Paul Williams in 2012, the Badgers depth at QB is deep. But with Mayo's throwing ability, he may have an inside track at playing time early in his career. With Jon Budmayr graduating this year, There may be an outside chance that Mayo could start as a freshman if things go well.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  17. pnc

pnc Walk On

After finishing off last year with a top 25 class, the Illni started off the new year with 4 instant commits.

**** DE Ryan King(14) 6'3" 240 run stopper
    **** OT Deon Capps(17) 6'3" 290 run block
    *** FS Adam Rivers(9) 6'2" 190 coverage
    *** OG Martel Flowers(26) 6'4" 330 pass block

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Happy I waited to invest time into Capps- figured you'd go after him.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wake picks up 3 committments after big win over Virginia. We had the three visiting for the game, so it was huge.

:3stars:OLB Ross Penn - 6'4 215

Ross, a North Carolina native, was a nice pick up for the Deacons. He has good height and a nice rounded skill set, but doesn't really excel at anything. A player like Ross will likely redshirt and wait a couple seasons before he will see meaningful playing time, but he could be solid by the time it is his turn to get on the field. He selected Wake over an offer from Vanderbilt, showing education is important to this young man. Coaches complimented his maturity.

:3stars:QB AJ Carroll - 6'6 225

Carroll has prototypical size for the position, and will likely compete for the starting spot once Kevin Sousa is gone. Carroll doesn't have an amazing arm, but makes good decisions and shows good awareness on the field. His high school coaches described him simply as "a field general. He is the kind of kid that is first in the film room and last one out." Coaches are excited about AJ and he will be a player that will have a chip on his shoulder from day one, as Wake was the only school to offer him a scholarship at the division one level. South Carolina, Virginia, and Nebraska were on his radar coming into this season.

:3stars:DE Justin Johnson - 6'3 233

Justin is ranked as the 25th best defensive end in the country, and has solid pass rushing skills along with good acceleration for the position. Scouts consider him a run stopper, but he has ample skills to be a formidable pass rusher after a year or two of polish. Wake has two senior defensive ends, so young guys will be vying for a spot this spring. Look for Justin to likely redshirt the first season, as coaches will take their time with this kid because they feel he could be a good one. "JJ" chose Wake Forest over offers from Virginia and Tennessee.

20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan has signed 2 players:

:5stars: WR Corey Davis- 6'3 196

This was a huge signing for Michigan who has been looking for a true #1 since Roy Roundtree left. Corey is tall, and fast (A- speed and A- ACC) and also has runs great routes. (B) He will most likely see playing time from day 1 and be alongside Drew Johnson come next season. The Michigan coaching staff is very excited to get this kid out of Alabama, beating out Auburn and Alabama who were both in his top 3. This could very well be the best receiver in this class. Even though Michigan has a lot of receivers already, they still have yet to find a #1 so until they do, they will continue recruiting receivers. Look for a few WR's on the staff to make the move to CB, FS, or SS.

:4stars:MLB Jonathan Bell- 6'0 231

Jonathan was the #1 MLB in this class and committed to Michigan a few weeks ago. He has good block shedding at (B) and solid tackling. (B-) He could be moved to outside linebacker or will be redshirted this coming year. Michigan starts a redshirt Freshman at MLB and has a sophomore backing him up and both are very solid players. Jonathan was a recruit out of Ohio that was a longtime Michigan fan and wanted his chance to play at the Big House. He has his chance, but when he'll play is still up in the air. Still a solid pickup for the Wolverines that has too much talent for Michigan to overlook.

Side note- For the first time in this Michigan's coaching staff short stint, they were recruiting a Pocket Passing QB, Brian Miller. He was a solid QB that could pass the ball with power and accuracy. Unfortunately Michigan missed out on picking him up, but Michigan even recruiting a Pocket passer is something to at least note for the future of this offense.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Stole a recruit from Wake Forest! That won't do anything though lol

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

He'll transfer here

[​IMG]

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

He wouldn't even start at Wake like he will start at the Cavs :cool:

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Oh he would, we would mold him into a worthwile NFL prospect. He'll get a good education at Virginia, but he could have got that here as well. We want winners on our team though, and he has shown that he will be satisfied his whole career playing second fiddle (more like fourth fiddle I guess)

25. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

We both have A+ academics but when it comes down to it we have better girls :)