Season 3 Review

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

What were your biggest accomplishments?
    What do you want to forget?
    Did this season go as planned?
    What do you plan on improving or altering next season?

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think my first bowl win of the '13 release was a major accomplishment considering I limped through most of this season. Plus being able to turn Demarcus Robinson into a stud HB even though he never got any national recognition because I don't regularly pass to my HBs.

Where do I start? Bender was promising and had a terrible SO campaign as starting QB. There were so many games we had the chances to win and we just didn't follow through, take the BYU game, we made a great comeback before halftime, had all the momentum and just let it die out. Same with Florida State, our players constantly fumbled throughout the game despite high carry ratings, especially Bender, 77 Carry is good for a QB IMO.

I knew I would have a down season but didn't expect to go 7-6. I was thinking more along the lines of 9-4.

I would like to incorporate some more designed QB runs and some option. It seems to be the trend of the Big XII so I can't let myself fall behind. The defense still needs improvement, but the youngsters will start to mature in the coming season so I think they may have a great year. As a team overall I want to be more competitive in user games, possibly winning more than half so that I'm not seen as a guaranteed win.

3. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Sugar Bowl Champions and 11-2 record after a disastrous season 2.

The one touchdown losses to Texas and TCU. The TCU loss kept me out of the XII title game and potentially the national championship.

Yes. I thought I had the talent to go to a BCS game.

Switching playbooks to a more pro style offense. Wisconsin's playbook perhaps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I have the easiest answer of anyone here. Obviously it's becoming the first user national champion in this OD. Doing it with the 3rd worst user team is just gravy. Doing it with the worst rated defense is the cherry on top of the gravy sundae. While my offense was very good, we rode the backs of our defense to get to and win the national championship. The diamond pit inside the cherry on top of the gravy sundae is the fact that I started 8 underclassmen (including 5 true FR) on defense and only graduated 1 guy that was in my defensive depth chart so the D should get much better next season.

My recruiting was pretty damned awful this year. I need to figure out what I did wrong but I definitely would kill for a do-over on recruiting this year.

This season surpassed every possible expectation on the field. I expected a mid level bowl and to struggle to hang onto my :5stars: prestige. Winning my 2nd straight Big XII championship, becoming the first user national champ, and becoming the first (tied with Dakota) user to get his 6th star all exceeded my expectations.

I need to figure out what went wrong with recruiting this year and greatly improve that in '15.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Season was sort of a disappointment but we accomplished a decent amount. Captured the North again but losing to Jello twice to round out my season in the fashion i did was disheartening. But honestly, my greatest accomplishment was having both Tanner Mangum and Mitch Mathews decide to return for the Cougars. We can still run our Air Raid which is exciting for me as a coach. But I do wanna transition to a different offense if possible (which it looks like i can).

Okie St game. It's just one of those odd games that shouldn't happen. Tanner cannot pile on the picks and make the game unwinnable. Also the ending to both SMU games. Just something we need to grow up and learn not to do.

It went decent. I had big aspirations but didn't accomplish them. I need to win my OOC next season and not lose games like Okie St and I will be where i want to be.

Same offense but with players who are a year older. The Oline is losing 3 guys but we'll just replace. I contribute that to recruiting lineman during my first few years. Defense also is one more year older which should be scary for people who play me. Must replace my corners though so i hope they can cover :rolleyes:

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

The biggest accomplishments for Baylor this year were done on the recruiting trail. We only had 12 scholarships to give out, and with the exception of a few centers, we signed every guy we wanted. Three players ranked #1 at their position makes the future look bright for the Bears.
    Some bad back to back losses to Maryland and SMU. We benched starting QB Seth Russell after these games and SR Bryce Petty came along and made a difference. He played well the rest of the season, except for the final regular season game against TTU.
    The 9 wins were about what we expected, but we did not plan on benching Russell and we hoped HB Lache Seastrunk would be more effective. We need to stop digging ourselves into a hole in user games as well. The bowl win over #12 Colorado was nice as the team played up to its potential.
    We may add a few more under center formations to the playbook, but we think FR QB Nick Skinner will be a great shot in the arm to the offense with his speed, but even more with his accuracy. He will have some veteran WRs to throw to, so the offense should be good. The defense on the other hand will lose 2 big LBs, but will gain some outstanding cover corners to help the pass defense. We also hope these guys will help force more turnovers which we have struggled with the past few years.

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    • What were your biggest accomplishments?
      • Winning 11 games is never a bad thing.
    • What do you want to forget?
      • Games at Clemson and Florida against rivals that were won but due to turnovers and CPU plays cost us two of last three regular season games.
    • Did this season go as planned?
      • No. This was an ACC championship and BCS bowl team that got derailed in two rivalry games.
    • What do you plan on improving or altering next season?
      • The core of the team returns so little change will happen in Tallahassee