Season 3 Scores and Summary

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by moneyliesey, Aug 30, 2011.

1. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

Illinois: 13
    Clemson: 14

It was a very nice afternoon in Death Valley for the huge coaching battle between Coach Money and Coach Twist. "I have a lot of respect for Coach Twist, he's always talked about as one of the top coaches in the nation, I hope that I can compete with his coaching" is what Coach Money had to say before the game.

The first quarter was very back and forth. Clemson started strong defensively giving Illinois a 3 and out, and Illinois returned the favor. However, Scheelhaase was leading a very masterful drive at the end of the first quarter, but the score was tied 0 to 0 starting the second.

The second quarter wasn't much better offensively. Clemson was finally able to stop Illinois on their drive and held them to only a field goal. However, Clemson also started out a very strong drive and was also only able to come away with a field goal before half. The score at half was 3-3.

Halftime: Coach Money was asked "How do you feel about your offensive performance thus far?" He replied "We're making plays and getting first downs, but when it gets down to the redzone we seem to freeze up. We're going to do our best to fix this."

The third quarter was another defensive battle, with Clemson finally getting another field goal half way through the quarter. With the lead, the kickoff coverage seemed to be asleep while Millines for Illinois took a 100 yard kickoff back to the house. Illinois had taken the lead to end the third quarter 10-6.

The fourth quarter had some more excitement in it, but it all happened in the last 2 minutes of the game. Right at 2 minutes left in the game, Clemson QB Tajh Boyd threw a horrible pass behind his tight end to be picked off on the 1 yard line with his momentum taking him into the endzone, but the refs called it a safety! A horrible call by the refs would make the game 10-8. Clemson then had another pick to put Illinois kicker Janitz in great position to make the score 13-8 with :35 left on the game clock. Coach Money was fed up with Boyd throwing away the game to the defense, so he made a ballsy call to put in his 3rd string qb who had more accuracy, and with :21 left on the clock, Watkins threw an incredibly on the money fly pattern to Stoudt to make the score 14-13, so Clemson went for the 2-pt and it failed. With basically no time left, Illinois made a few desperate hail mary attempts, but couldn't hook up on any of them leaving the score 14-13 Clemson with the victory.

Great game Twist! Still scratching my head on the safety call though... I think I may have gotten slightly lucky...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Great writeup $$ and it was a tough game, that I frankly didn't deserve to win. I had less than 100 yards offense and made a huge tactical error by kneeling the ball. I need to get that killer instinct back. I definitely want a rematch next year.

3. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Ms. State 27
    Michigan St. 6

This was the first meeting between these two coaches and the score does not tell the whole story. The game was alot tighter then the 27-6 score because Mich. State had a tough time holding on to the ball as the hard hitting Ms. State defense tried to destroy any Spartan who touched the ball. Fourteen of the Bulldogs 27 points came from forced fumbles. The first was on a kickoff that the Spartan returner thought he could field but was hit as he caught the ball to force a fumble and the second was as a receiver caught the ball on a crossing pattern over the middle only do be blown up by free saftie N. Xxxxxx (I'll fix the name guys sorry).

The Bulldogs stayed true their form but running the ball 28 times for 106 yards. Coach QBKILLAR was really impressed with the way Mich. State was able to contain the run espcially up the gut which is the Bulldogs bread and butter. Other Ms. State mentionables were QB Tyler Russell who went 7 for 12, 164 yards and 1 TD while throwing 0 pics. The leading receiver on the squad was M. Carr who caught only one pass for a 61 yard TD.

On the Mich. St. side of the ball once again showed a very stingy Bulldog defense allowing only 35 yards on 8 attempts rushing. While the Spartan passing game did show some promise QB L. Mann went 14-26, 219 yards, 1 TD, 1 pic.

Without the turnovers this is a very different game and the Bulldogs cant wait to face the Spartans again in the future.

Good Game Rock!

4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Kentucky 21
    Colorado - 22

Coming off an extremely frustrating loss against over-matched Baylor, Colorado had to put everything behind them, and play well today. They were more balanced talent-wise this game, and were looking to walk off the field victorious.

The game started slow, with no teams scoring in the 1st quarter. Big plays happened though, as Colorado intercepted a pass in the redzone to stop the Wildcats from scoring quickly. The defense made many adjustments after that drive, and then made another interception on the next drive, this time much earlier in the drive.

The offense would give it right back though, and the teams were just playing the field position battle until Colorado had two big plays. Malcolm Greer, the SO RB, ripped off a huge run out of the maryland I, and TE Marcus Thornton had a very impressive catch and run on a PA Pass. Steven Rodgers would punch it in from the 1 yard line to make it a 7-0 lead.

Kentucky would answer though, and put together a very nice drive, dinking and dunking down the field to square the game up at 7 going into half. The score would stay that way until the 4th quarter, when Kentucky would again have an efficient drive, and the Kentucky RB scampered in from 28 yards out on 1st down to take the lead 14-7.

Colorado would answer though in about 5 plays. The first was a huge 60 yard Slip screen by Greer again, huge blocks by the lineman led to wide open pastures, but Greer was ran down from behind. After a few plays, Reggie Gardner caught a crisp pass from Nick Hirschman in the flats, and took it home for 6. At the end of regulation, the score was tied at 14.

Kentucky would strike very quickly in the 1st overtime, after a long 22 yard pass along the left sideline, and a toss play for the score. The decided to kick the PAT. Colorado answered though right away with a option keeper from Hirschman, who scampered for 23 yards and the touchdown. Coach Makin then decided to go for the win right away, and called the play that had worked earlier in the 4th. Hirschman's 1st read wasn't there, but Gardner had snuck to the front left pilon, and dragged the toe for the 2 PT conversion and the Colorado victory 22-21.

These are all from memory since the dynasty wire is down, thats why it is not as detailed as I would like. GG pnc.

5. pnc

pnc Walk On

gg makin. My offense is really struggling and my defense is to slow. Not a good combination. lol. I thought I had you after that late td. On your 60 yard screen I wasnt even blitzing I just couldnt catch you. Without the angle you would have scored. One thing im counting on is my young guys progressing well. Im only starting 9 seniors this year and 4 seniors next year so hopefully im back winning user games soon. I starting out winning 3 of my first four, and now ive lost 4 straight.

6. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

I don't remember many of the details in the beginning, but the ending of the game is still pretty clear in my mind. Fast forward to...

UVA - 21, WVU - 14, with West Virginia driving down into the red zone late in the 4th quarter. Tavon Austin, who had been stonewalled in the running game for most of the game, busted a 7 yard run to the endzone to make the score 21-20 UVA, with 53 seconds remaining. West Virginia decided to go for the 2 point conversion, and Austin then ran the ball to the right side, away from UVA's middle blitz, to make the score 22-21.

Virginia's national championship grudge match was turning the wrong way for the home crowd, because they had to rely on Ross Metheny, who had thrown 3 interceptions (to 0 TDs) to this point, to drive the Wahoos down the field with less than a minute remaining. Virginia did have 3 timeouts left. After the kickoff was returned to UVA's 23 yard line, the crowd watched in anticipation for Metheny to hopefully once again lead his team to a last minute victory...

UVA - 24, WVU - 22. GG to ddrou

7. derek

derek Walk On

Great game Abom. Man I was sick after that one. lol. I just knew I had left to much time on the clock. Again I could not get pressure form my front four while yours was tough. Oh well. It was a great game anyway!

8. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Abomb, by any chance do you buy lottery tickets? :p:D Hey are you gonna be on today? I need to ask ya a couple of things.

9. derek

derek Walk On

Great game to Twist. Don't recall any specific plays but I think to's killed ya . May have been a different game without them.

10. pnc

pnc Walk On

Kentucky 20
    Louisville 10

Game started off rough for the wildcats as the cards picked off there qb and scored a quick td less than a minute into the game. Kentucky would recover, driving 74 yards to tie the game at 7. The wildcats hit a field goal to end the half. 10-10 tie. The second half was all wildcat defense as they shut out the cardinals. The wildcats score a td early fourth then ended the scoring with a late field goal. 20-10 final. The rival victory was huge for the wildcats and their recruits.

Servers are down so no stats.

11. pnc

pnc Walk On

Kentucky 45
    Florida 28

Rainy day in Kentucky(seems to be a lot of those)as the wildcats and gators went back and forth for three quarters. Kentucky FReshman CB Ricks started the scoring by picking off a pass and going 82 yards for a td. 7-0 end 1st. Florida had two td passes in the 2nd while kentucky added a 12 yard td run by sanders and a 50 yard field goal to end the half. 17-14 wildcats at half. Florida scored early third on a deep(they hit these all game) 85 yard td pass. The wildcats would respond, going on a 13 play 82 yard 4 minute drive capped off by a 12 yard td pass to TE Aumiler with 1 minute left in the third. 24-21 wildcats end 3rd. The gators scored on the first play of the fourth(thanks to another deep bomb) on a 1 yard td catch. the gators led 28-24 early fourth. The gators would not score again, while the Wildcats added three tds on the strength of two picks. one was ran back again by Ricks for 62 yards. Sanders added two td runs as the wildcats pulled away to win 45-28. The wildcats are now 3-0 against florida and is starting to expect a win every year.

STATS

QB Smith 12/27 218 yards 1 td 0 picks
    HB Sanders 15/105 3 tds
    WR Collins 3/70
    WR Cunningham 3/74
    TE Aumiller 2/16 1 td
    SS Sanders 8 tackles
    OLB Ratliff 6 tackles 1 sack 1 pick
    CB Ricks 5 tackles 2 picks

12. derek

derek Walk On

Hey guys are we planning on restarting this dyn once the patch comes out? If we don't some things wont be fixed the way I understand it. I know we have talked about this but I don't no if we ever cgot clear on it.

13. pnc

pnc Walk On

I think now there saying everything but one minor issue will be fixed. If thats the case then we can keep going. hopefully anyways. It would suck to start over.

14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

The only thing that isn't fixed is the glitch where when you change someone's name, it changes their style. As in, naming Andrew Luck "Andrew Luck" changes him from a pocket pass to a scrambler. We're about to the point where that no longer matters because people are graduating.

15. derek

derek Walk On

The bowl season issue isn't fixed or t least it wasn't 2 days ago. We still had the problem in my other od

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah because the patch hasn't came out

17. derek

derek Walk On

lol. I thought you were saying it was. just a misunderstanding.

18. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

No, I was saying the only thing that won't be fixed when the glitch comes out is that. Everything else will be fine, I believe. So, we won't be restarting.

19. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I don't quite have the personnel I need yet. I have zero skill at the skill positions. I don't think there is anyone over 80 at WR, RB, or QB. Once I can get more speed and acceleration, expect a much different offense from Colorado, then the run right, run left, run right, punt offense.

20. derek

derek Walk On

Well West Virginia was up against the ropes against TCU. I had the hardest time moving the ball up until the 4th. I managed to tie it and get a stop. I then scored again and on the ensuing kickoff I forced a fumble and took it to the house. Then On the next defensive I then tacked on another late in the 4th to cap off a 28 point 4th qtr.

The final score does not really tell the story. I struggled on offense but eventually found ways to score on special teams and defense.

21. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I've never had so much trouble moving the ball. Without any sort of running back I can't do anything. The only part of my team I am happy about is my linebackers. Right now I'm just hoping to not drop a star, and to go to a bowl game.

I don't know how you do it Roy.

22. derek

derek Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  23. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

24. pnc

pnc Walk On

yeah instead of fixing the problems we had, it left those and created more problems. This is not looking good. arent they allowed so many patches from sony. this is two already.

25. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

If so, sucks for playstation lol. But again, what issues have you guys found? I have read about one issue only that was wrong on PS3 but I tried it out and it wasn't a problem on xbox.