Season 3 scores/results

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by JrRawlins, Feb 10, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Season 3 scores/results

post them up here....

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Arkansas 24, Kentucky 28

I throw a pick in the end zone to end the game. :(

3. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I have never been as frustrated as i was in this game. I couldn't stop the the run, and Golden Tate ( nice name by the way) had 210 yds receiving as my 89 speed corners could keep up with his 93 speed.

Clausen was a GOD.

Oh and another 4 turnovers for my turnover machine of a QB.

4. ogode

ogode Guest

MSU 31
    #20 Tennessee 17

My defense was curiously dominant. My QB Carroll still tossed 3 picks, but the ground game was sound enough to hold off the home team.

5. JrRawlins

#3 Maryland 63
    Cincinnati 28

Mike Scott ran for 250 yards and 5 tds....
    defense caused 8 turnovers....

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I think I won 54-31 over #12 FSU...I pwned their azz with 6INT's from their QB Ponder

my defense has shown some life.

7. JrRawlins

Ponder's accuracy is terrible

8. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 10 vs Georgia Tech
    Georgia Tech 13 - Boston College 24
    Key Stats:
    Passing: Davis- 13/18/182yards, 2 TDs, Int
    Rushing: Haden- 27/75yards
    Receiving: McCoy- 2rec/73yards, TD
    Defense: Newman- 6 Tackles, Sack

Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts- A Big Win! The Yellow Jackets are no match for Boston College, as the Eagles win 24-13. With this win the Eagles get closer to becoming Bowl bound for the first time in Coach Flo's era. Up next for the Eagles is a very good Wolfpack team who will be tough to beat on their home turf.

9. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Week 11 - Cincy 52 @ West Virginia 36

Tight Game, up until the 4rth qrt.

10. ogode

ogode Guest

MSU 34
    #9 Alabama 6

Finally Bowl eligible!

11. Bondzai

I don't remember the score but Arkansas got their asses handed to them by South Carolina. The Arkansas defense has disappeared.

12. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Ole Miss takes down Auburn...

I just could not handle his offensive speed and the continual shifting of his defense. Never been so frustrated playing someone in an online game, man Ole Miss is fast... that outside handoff killed me everytime and you clearly have a step on the defensive side of the ball as well.

Question: Anyone wanna throw out a tip or two? The Ole Miss defense would align almost the same way on every single play and it was very effective against my offense. My QB was pressured or sacked on every single passing attempt and my HB never had more than two feet before the defense was on him. My players are rated high but they got owned on almost every play.... anyone have any defensive tips? How do you get that much pressure on a user controlled QB and run game?

13. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My front seven is pretty solid, my secondary is decent. As for stopping the run I bring up a safety and if he gets blocked that normally frees up someone else to make the stop.

You ran the ball pretty effectively running it for over 140 yards, and Fannin had 100+. The play action was very effective and Im glad you didn't do that more than you did. On some plays I blitzed a corner, and some plays I zone blitzed a linebacker. It definitely didn't work all the time, but your QB was a little slow, and when you put Burns in I don't think I was able to put as much pressure on you.

I wouldn't say aligned the same defense every play, it may look that way, but I don't have a set defense, I rotate from 4-3/5-2/4-4/3-3-5/4-2-5/Dime/Quarter. I also switch from zone to man to man, I blitz some don't blitz others. Im not sure it makes much of a difference, but I think the variety makes it more difficult. By the second quarter I was pretty certain you were running a zone pretty much the whole game and unless it was 3rd and short I didn't have to worry about man to man defense, which I think is a better run defense.

It was a much closer game than the score indicated, it was 28-16 right before the half and you had the ball at the 50 yard line with 25 seconds left, and the Int for a TD was a killer.

It was a good game though.

14. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Yeah good game man... looks like you have a really good shot at taking down the National Title this year... good luck!

I'll get ya next season... maybe... haha

15. ogode

ogode Guest

MSU 45
    Arkansas 28

Another needed home victory! Bondzai was on fire with his passing game, Mallet outside of his 3 picks ate me up. I could never relax even with a 2 score lead early.

Carroll was perfect 18 of 18 for 350 and 4 tds. My Freshman WR tore off a school record 6/227/4tds.

Good game bondzai.

16. Bondzai

I don't know what happened all of the sudden, but my defense and running game has gone straight down the shitter. If it wasn't for Mallett I would get shut out every game. I definitely need to address this in the offseason.

17. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Cincy 45
    USF 18

I came into this game determined to have a passing game, and I did! QB jones was 27 of 39 for 365 yards and 3 TD's.

18. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Not sure if JK posted our score or not but another heartbreaking defeat for me.

Syracuse in Double OT won 45-38(?). JK made a great run in the 2nd half after i had him down 21-0 with 1:00 left in the 1st half, and i threw a pick 6 to turn the tide.

JK you deserved the win you outcoached me and outplayed me in the 2nd half. I couldn't move the ball worth a lick in the 2nd half.

19. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss - 42
    NC State - 35

Great game, back and forth, several punts, good defense for the most part by both players.

I couldn't stop his air attack, and he struggled with my running attack. Fairly even game, if we play 10 times we probably split 5 to 5.

Im not sure what all the talk about his team not being up to snuff, they are 87 off and 88 def, so no sympathy from me.

Good game mo.

20. JrRawlins

lol my team is rated a 74 overall right now....

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

I have no speed...my guys react well but for the long TD's you had, it was due to lack of speed from my defense...

next year I should be better off.

22. JrRawlins

Maryland 52
    NC state 49

the knockdown drag out war i thought it would be....

23. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    UConn 35 - USF 14
    Ugly game but still handled my business, now we need Rutgers to beat Cincy to get into the Orange Bowl.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    this came after a 21-7 beatdown he was giving me before my power zipped out

25. Bondzai

Arkansas 26, LSU 46

Arkansas goes 1-11 to complete the worst Tradition season EVER.