Season 3 scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bringbackjimmy, Sep 8, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Season 3 scores

BC 30
    ND 27

BC comes back from 20-0 to win the game on a last second FG. 1st qtr was a mess offensively as BC gave the ball up twice and didn't get a 1st down untill the 2nd qtr. Shinskie said enough of that and led us back with some great throws including a 40+ yrd TD pass to Elliot.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1: Kentucky @ Louisville

Kentucky: 35
    Louisville: 38

Not starting out on the right foot. We turned the ball over 5 times(3 fumbles & 2 INTs). Had a chance to win or at least kick a FG, but with 50 seconds left I hit the TE with a pass over the middle on Louisville 20 yd line & he got hit & fumbled, they recover, game over. Was gonna put it up on the Wire, but none of my highlights are up there.

3. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Go Carolina!
    South Carolina walks off with a 32-13 victory over Nebraska.

[​IMG]

Great game by South Carolina's defense. A new starter at QB, and new WRs, but everything seemed to click. The o-line had trouble blocking Nebraska's defense, but my WRs seemed to get by their DBs fast enough when they would blitz. Lattimore also ran the ball well all game. I'm not sure why he is a heisman candidate when he has never gone for over 1,000 yards, or even 900 yards. Solid opening game.

Next Game: vs. Kansas State (JrRawlins)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#3 PSU 24
    #24 Mizz 32

Scary start as PSU's HB breaks about 6 tackles and houses it from 50+ on their first drive. They would go up 14-3 before Mizzou finally gained their bearings and stuck one in the end zone.

This could be a long season as my defense is horrible. With almost all freshman LBs and a young secondary, we'll need them to play above their abilities to be successful this year.

The offense, thanks to the hiring of new offensive coordinator Mike Leach, was firing. Tyler Gabbert has won the starting job this offseason and with his laser like accuracy (98 acc) he can put the ball anywhere he wants whenever he wants. He was the POG going 29/45 for 415 yds and 3 TDs. The Tigers, for the first time ever, even sported something that resembled a running game as SR HB Kendial Lawrence went for 59 on 11 carries and freshman athlete Nigel Hayes added 12 on 2. And JR AA WR Washington looks to have recovered from his sophomore slump catching 9 balls for 96 yds and a score.

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole miss - 33
    Oregon state - 0

Just a great defensive performance by my team. Unfortunately I lost my starting de and my starting wr for 4 and 6 weeks. I was able to play some freshman in the second half, and Kevin mckeon looks the part. Brett brown played pretty terrible with 3-4 drops, hopefully just opening game jitters.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Duke 35
    Kansas 38

I personally can't wait for the patch. Hopefully the mirroring on pass defense decreases so we can use the sliders to do something about Robo QB. I realize my defense is poor, but 76% passing for 400 yards is tough to take from a 80 overall quarterback.

Sheesh. Anyway, my offense played well except in the turnover department. I came out and fumbled the initial kickoff, then threw a flutter pick six and superman picked off a pass in the endzone and I buried myself giving up 21 points in the first quarter. After that things settled down...I need to make some noise this year besides "Oh shit there he goes" because I lose 17 starters next year.

7. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

KSU 37
    OREGON 3

Offense played ok, looked for a playbook for like two hours, and i might just roll with Oregon STate again.....lol...... my young linebackers played very well...... hopefully it translates, big game against South CArolina next week...

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Wake Forest 31, Texas A&M 13

Wake comes up big to start the season despite some bad news.

Good news: We won, we played above our C+ rating on defense, the freshmen showed up, WR Chris Givens can catch

Bad News: Lost my WR2 Matt James for the year with a broken vertebrae, our defense is rated C+, our offense played below their B- rating and did not move the ball, our freshmen had to make plays, WR Chris Givens is the only player who can catch.

True Frosh :3stars: CB Marlin Schmidt (2 tkls, 98 ret yards, TD, sack) took a kick off return back for a refund to open up the 4th quarter while :4stars: ATH/FS Joey Smith (3 tkls, INT, TD) picked off a pass in the red zone from TAMU QB Showers and ran it all the way back to kill a late drive. 14 points from two true freshmen in the first game ain't bad. Especially to blow a game open. True Frosh :4stars: HB Dustin Peterson added in 27 yards on the ground.

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Miss st 38 Boise 17

write up lost in the server crash.

10. theSANDMAN215

I must be doing something wrong, or my kickoff return team is a joke because I have not come close to returning one.

11. theSANDMAN215

(y)

12. theSANDMAN215

Kansas State: 27
    South Carolina: 34

Cocks slide past the Wildcats

[​IMG]

The way the game started off, I thought we were going to end in a 3-3 tie. After the first quarter, we just went back and forth.

K-State's defense was dominate. I miss my receivers that would dominate 1 on 1 coverage. JR picked me off 3 times on one-on-one coverage. I almost benched my QB at the half, which would have been the biggest mistake in South Carolina.

JR ties it up 27-27 with about 1:30 left in the game. I get the ball back, can't complete 2 passes. So, it's 3rd and 10. I'm thinking, if I see a guy open, I'll pass it, but I'm not going to force a deep pass because K-State has already proven they'll pick it off. I was actually willing to take a sack and just take the game into OT. On the play, I drop back as usual, and I see pressure coming from my backside, and notice the entire left side of the field is wide open. So I tuck it down, and dart off for about 30 yards, then spin around one guy all the way for an 80 something yard rushing TD by my QB. I stopped JR on the next drive, and somehow escape with a win. I don't care what the polls say, that was an upset for me.

Great game JR. Your offense is scary. I was lucky to get pressure on you sometimes even when I didn't call a blitz which saved me. Thanks for playing the game so late.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

These settings allow to much BS. True Freshman throwing 82% of his passes. crappy ass dense tearing apart my offense..complete BS. I am done with these Stupid Robo Offenses. it feels like i am facing peyton manning and i playing with a highschool defense. Crappy Hb breaking tackles left and fucking right. I can not play with this bs much longer. the only sacks i get is if s guy gets through on PA or the guy decides to take off and gets tripped up a yr short of the LOS otherwise the qb hits a guy perfectly right before he gets hit. This is far worst than 10 or 09.. I want the cpu to actually deserve to win and not have a BS cheese fest.

end rant./

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It seems the randomness of the games actually affects more than the actual settings. On any slider set I've tried, I get some impossible games and some boring ones.

Did you play this game after the patch/LTP?

15. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

It seems some of this stuff is more likely to happen when you play on the road as well.

16. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Great Game Sanders..... there wasnt much i could do with you offense.... those picks were against my best secondary players, once you went away from him, there wasnt much i could do to stop you, as evident on an 83 yard run TD run by your QB who no one seemed to know had taken off, until he was 50 yards down the field.... then my two defensive backs get blocked by one wr... my reaction [​IMG]

at least my QB was solid and my transfer Ware looked awesome for the second game in a row....

17. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Sandman, you're making the Gamecock nation proud!

Run Connor Run!

18. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I've played offenses that are ridiculous, UGA last year, but I've been able to get stops, and get sacks. There do appear to be random games where the CPU simply can't be stopped, but considering we are winning games at such a monster clip, can we really complain that much?

I haven't had a defense stop my offense since Bama first year, and the points and yards we have put up, still make me think that their defense isn't good enough, but lets see how this season plays out.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Don't say us, I'm not winning shit.:)

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, you have a mouse in your pocket, OM? I lost 4 CPU games last year...

21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

#12 Texas: 21
    #2 Alabama: 35

Minus a few big plays I couldn't do shit on either side of the ball. Chris Whaley ran 17 times for 91 yards...but he had 73 of those yards on 1 run. Garrett Gilbert threw 4 interceptions...3 of those I swear the defender teleported to the ball when the receiver was wide open.

For the 2nd week in a row I couldn't stop the opposing running back. Eddie Lacy burned me for 135 yards. According to the stats he broke 7 tackles but I know that's bullshit because he broke 5 on one play.

One more thing...I know there is nothing that we can do to change this but the next time a linebacker jumps 30 feet in the air to deflect a pass that is intended for a receiver that is 15 yards behind them i'm going to pause the game, take the disk out, piss on it, and then light it on fire. That is all.

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I didn't dl anything or at least didn't notice.

I would understand that more, but i was home and miami's qb is a 81 true freshman

If you look at Miami DC you will see they are crap at all skill positions i think the highest is a 83 WR..... I don't mind it as much if i was facing a team with offensive weapons, but when its a crap offense it shouldn't be unstoppable...

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Duke 34
    Stanford 31

My offense played really well, Storm Johnson is pretty good. Only a sophomore he put up his second 100 yard rushing game in Duke colors. The pedo-QB (ask Drifter) had 300+ yards passing and spread the ball around well. The defense gave up big plays but managed to force a couple of punts and forced two fumbles.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Wake Forest 28, Kentucky 27

Wake Forest does enough to stay in a game and climb back into a wagon they were all but beaten out of early on.

It was definitely a first half full of frustrations for the Demon Deacons. A long rush TD called back, multiple fumbles, dropped passes and constant injuries forced Kentucky into a 17 to 7 halftime lead. The defense kick started the come back by holding Kentucky to just two field goals on the only two scoring opportunities in the second half. Wake QB Brendan Cross began to link up with his targets, putting WR Chris Givens over the century mark. The rush game started to open up and Wake Forest as FB Thommy Bohonan pushed the go ahead score into the endzone with 2:27 left. Kentucky received the ball and was stuffed on 4 straight downs to give the ball back to the Demon Deacon offense. A first down run later and Wake kneeled the clock out for the amazing comeback win.

GG Khaalis. I know this probably stings a lot. I didn't deserve to win the game after the way my team played in the first half. Your offense is going to put up a good amount of points this year.

25. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

GG Drifter. I turned this game off literally sick to my stomach. Really thought about quitting the Deuce after this game. Just didn't want to see this game anymore. My decision making needs major work & I need to improve my killer instinct. We had this game in control & we just imploded. Towards the end of the game we started playing not to lose instead of playing to win.