Season 3 - Scores

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Dru50, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 3 - Scores

Enjoy!

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Week 1 - Oregon State at #11 Nebraska

Nebraska 21 Oregon State 20

Oregon State started the game swinging in the first half jumping to a 10-0 lead. In the second half on the first Husker drive, true frosh Josh Gore scored on a pass from Taylor Martinez to close the deficit to 3. After a couple of traded touchdowns and a Oregon State FG, Nebraska was down by 6 with 3:47 left in the game. They used all of the time they could on their drive and finally scored and kicked th XP with 0:14 seconds left in the game. Oregon State would try to Hail Mary attempts to get into FG range and failed on both to lose 21-20.

Offensive MVP - Cody Green 20-30 258 Yards 1 TD 1 INT

Defensive MVP - Dylan Hill 7 tackles 2 Assisted Tackles

3. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

......:: Week 1 Baylor Bears @ Tennessee Volunteers ::.......

"Baylor Bears Open Their 2012 Campaign Strong, Win @ Knoxville"

The Baylor Bears and their new head coach DreSmithJr had a tough debut in 2012 as they traveled to Knoxville Tennessee to face the Volunteers. When asked pre-game about how he planned to put his Bears in a position to win Coach DreSmithJr said 1 thing... the same thing he has been saying all summer.. "Welcome to the Robert Griffin Experience"
    Staying efficient in the 1st half, Griffin was accurate and precise using his arm to catch the Volunteer defense off guard who expected his feet to hurt him. This was seen on a option pass where Griffin faked then hit a wide open Terrence Williams on a 50 yard strike for a TD.
    The Highlight plays came in the 2nd half. Coming out with a 19-6 lead Coach Smith decided to let Griffin loose and on the 1st play of the half Robert broke for a 71 yard TD Run on a QB Read Option that put the crowd in silence.

[​IMG]
    Tennessee = 1st Victims of "The Robert Griffin Experience"

The Defense ended the game on the next play when All-American FS Denerick Demby laid out Tenn RB David Oku for a Forced Fumble that returned for a TD

[​IMG]
    Crushing Hit By FS Denerick Demby...​

by MLB Chris McAllister for a TD to make the score 32-6. which it remained after the reserves for Baylor Came in to finish the game.

[​IMG]

Next week the Bears hope to go to 2-0 as they play host to the UCLA Bruins.

4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

#14 Clemson 41 vs Air Force 7

Clemson would begin the new season having to replace a lot of starters from last season. QB Kyle Parker is back for his final year at Clemson to lead the offense, and his WRs are talented but young. It was all the lost talent and experience on the defensive line that had the Tigers concerned going up against Air Force's option attack.

Clemson would kick to open the game and force a quick punt after the Falcons came out passing to open the game. Parker would lead a long drive that ended with a nice 15 yard TD pass to Soph Martavis Bryant (1st video). The Tigers would add a 35 yard FG late in the first making it 10-0 after one. In the 2nd, Air Force came out passing again, but this time connected on a big play to put the ball inside the Clemson 20 yard line. A few plays later, Air Force QB Dylan Bungum hit WR Al Lasker for a 14 yard TD to make it a 10-7 game. That drive would be the last for Air Force as it was all Clemson after that. Kyle Parker was hitting his young WRs left and right during the quarter as the Tigers added an 8 yard TD run, a 78 yard pass to Bryant (2nd video) and a FG during the quarter. 27-7 Clemson at the half.

During the 2nd half the Tigers got some of their younger players into the game. Midway through the 3rd quarter, Parker hit true freshman TE Ryan Moore for a 10 yard TD pass. Then on the defensive side of the ball, true freshman MLB Brady Wade and SS Jermaine Carey both forced fumbles with the Tigers recovering one. During the 4th quarter RS freshman QB Chris Sanders hit WR Spencer Adams (3rd video) for a 28 yard TD.

Parker finished 21/35 60% 315 yards and 3 TDs. WR Martavis Bryant had 4 catches for 128 yards, 2 TDs and WR Spencer Adams had 8 catches for 125 yards and 1 TD. HB Roderick McDowell ran 10 times for 107 yards, mostly in the 2nd half.

It was nice to see the younger guys get in and do well. Next week the Tigers travel to #1 Ohio State :eek:

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Auburn - 38
    Colorado State - 28

What was supposed to be a laugher in Auburn's favor had the home crowd sitting on their hands and holding their tongues for the better part of 60 minutes on Saturday. It started off well enough for the Tigers, as they drove down the field to take an early 7-0 lead on an Onterio McCalebb 3-yd touchdown.

After that, Colorado State took over for a while and scored three straight touchdowns. The Rams were unstoppable running the ball and through the air, and Auburn couldn't convert on 3rd downs at all. Momentum was completely on Colorado State's side as they led 21-7 IN Auburn. True Freshman QB Travis Estes was determined to get a touchdown across before halftime since Colorado State would start the 3rd quarter with the ball, and score they did. With 22 seconds left in the 1st half, Estes found WR Emory Blake for an 11-yd touchdown to cut the CSU lead to 21-14.

In the 2nd half, the teams traded possessions before Colorado State pushed the lead back to 14 points, 28-14. From there, it was all Tigers and Travis Estes, as Auburn rattled off 24 straight points to win going away.

This was an interesting game for Auburn. Our defense is pretty weak, and it showed. We couldn't tackle anyone, we couldn't cover anyone, and we couldn't stop them for 4 straight downs until late in the 3rd quarter. There are definitely a lot of holes on defense. On the flip side, the offense is full of weapons. We have 3 running backs that any one of them could, and likely would, start for most teams in college football. We have a two-headed quarterback attack, one with great pocket presence and one that will keep defenses honest. We have some nice wide receivers, but nothing amazing -- but there is definitely some speed on the field. The Tight End is going to be a big key, and having one with some skills will help the young quarterbacks develop.

All in all, it will be a very interesting year for Auburn. We'll need to figure out how to get the most out of our players, all while playing a tough schedule. How about Florida and Bama on the road with true freshman quarterbacks and Texas, the defending BCS champs, at home in week 3.

With young guys starting to fill key spots on the team, this year might just be about getting what we can get and developing an attack for the coming seasons. Time will tell.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Dre, how did you miss 2 extra points dude?

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

UCLA 14
    #2 UF 39

The Gators take down the Bruins in what was a very weird game. Check out the highlight I have posted on dynasty wire. On the 2nd kickoff, their return man pitched my buy the ball. I was a total glitch cause then everybody was trying to tackle my guy. I had no idea what to do. I finally took a knee in the end zone for a safety. WTF EA???

Anyways, playing with a new playbook and many new faces on offense, we turned in a moderate performance. I'd give it a B grade. First time starting QB Sophomore Tom Richardson (14/27, 272 yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 11 car, 41 yds TD) made some nice plays but made some bone headed ones too. First time starting HB Mike Gillislee made a very nice impression in the season opener grabbing 105 yds on 16 carries. The Gators may field their first 1000 yard rusher this season. Backup HB, freshman sensation Lionel Fields didn't do much, getting hurt early and netting -8 yards on 4 carries (ouch!). We'll look to get more guys involved in the coming weeks as we adjust to our new system.

The story of the day however was the defense. Not much has changed on that side of the ball and it shows. Led by preseason AA MLB Jelani Jenkins, the Gators D pitched a shutout most of the game. UCLA got 2 TDs in garbage time to make it more respectable.

8. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

MY Kicker is a :1stars: anything but st8 ahead on my accuracy and he misses it..
    (n)

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Look's like I need to play today lol I'll jump on during some downtime in the Michigan/ ST games

10. Dru50

I'll have my game in later tonight, have been hung up with family stuff pretty much all day.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sherm, I'm not lying when I say that Jelani Jenkins scares the shit out of me. As Florida last year, he killed it for me.

12. GoGators

He's beastly for sure. Due to him though, I think I'm going to lose my entire LB corps after this season and I don't have anybody behind them yet (n)

It's a big recruiting year for UF and we didn't get one freaking instant commit. Bastids!!!

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'll try to get my game in later tonight. Not feeling too well right today.

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Miami Defense is Back

#6 Miami 44
    BYU 7

"Miami opened at home vs BYU and showed a much different team on the field than last season. Gone is the high flying offense and here is the new pound the ball and play defense 'Canes. The passing game was almost non existent and the defense carried the team dominating all game long. The Canes held BYU to 110 yard of total offense and 6 yards rushing. They caused 3 turnovers and had 4 sacks. BYU got one cheap TD late. Freshman QB Dixon only had 5 passing attempts as the run game dominated with THREE runners going over 100 yards.

HB L. Miller 119 YDs, 3 TDs
    HB E. Clements 108 YDS, TD
    HB A. Thompson 112, TD

Miami looks to have a strong Running Back by committee and a hard hitting, play making defense. Hopefully we can continue to be successful with this type of play next week as we go on the road to face Boston College."

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm off at midnight so I should play sometime around 1:30am.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Bama 63

Houston 24

Alabamas offensive line was excellent as they paved the way for a total of 377 yards and 7 TDs. Harris scored 5 of these and had 252 yards. Backup Lacy had around 80 and a score. I could feel McCarrons 95 Accuracy today as he threw for over 200 yards and 2 TDs while also running one in. The defense was shaky to start but stiffened up and played great. Freshmen HB Darren Wilson got one carry and took it for 20 yards, showing me he has potential. Bama took out the starters in the 4th and gave the backups some PT.

Bama starts 1-0 and faces a tough road test against the reigning Champs next week in Austin. Also I noticed Florida isn't on my schedule this year, bummer.

17. GoGators

Make it to Atlanta and we will be (y)

18. Dru50

Texas wins it's tune up game vs Northwestern 52-7.

The new spread offense is looking pretty good against a poor opponent, and in a surprise move true freshman QB Sean Hines beat out Connor Wood for the backup QB role, and Coach Dru's whipping boy Garrett Gilbert won the starting job in camp.

Garrett Gilbert was intercepted on his second play, but calmed down after that, leading the team on multiple scoring drives. He finished 23-34 for 419 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT. The top 4 WR's caught at least 3 passes, with senior WR Marquise Goodwin leading the way catching 7 passes for 140 yards and a score. The running game isn't featured as much in this years offense, but the backs did enough to keep the defense honest and punch in TD's in the red zone. Tre Newton had 62 yards on 13 carries, including a nice 18 yard run from shotgun. Chris Whaley added another 38 yards rushing and each back had 2 TD's. QB Sean Hines played the 4th quarter, completing 3 out of 5 passes for 104 yards and a TD, to go with 29 yards rushing.

The defense was opportunistic, getting 7 turnovers (6 INT's and a fumble recovery) and 4 sacks.

Up next is a huge matchup with #2 Alabama. The Tide are easily the most talented team in the nation, so this will be a challenge that the Longhorns are eagerly awaiting. The game is going to come down to whether Garrett Gilbert can avoid the Alabama super defense warp INT's I keep hearing about in other OD's and whether the young Texas defense can stand up to the best offensive line in college football and force Bama to throw the ball.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #1 Ohio State - 42
    North Texas - 3

Poor, poor North Texas. When the schedule makers made this game, they must not have realized just how bad (D) North Texas is. They were physically overwhelmed from the start and the stat line shows as much. Against the Buckeye first team defense, North Texas only had 50 yards in three quarters. They finally put together a scoring drive against the Buckeye second string defense, but it was far too little, far to late.

On offense, the Buckeyes showed a balanced look, with two quarterback seeing time. New starter Kenny Guiton went an efficient 11-18 for 193 yards and 1 score. In mop up duty, Taylor Graham went 4-5 for 70 yard, throwing 1 touchdown and 1 interception. The running game kept the defense honest, with two backs running well. Jamaal Berry went for 72 yards on 16 carries, and bruiser Roderick Smith adding 69 yards on 14 carries.

20. GoGators

Shaun's gift to himself for making the schedule at 4am......North Texas. Go figure! haha.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Really the reason is I have Clemson week 2. Most people have a couple of weeks to figure out their team before user games...same reason Texas and Alabama have relatively easy games.

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan. 41
    Oregon. 31

Heisman favorite Denard Robinson missed three quarters of this game and was not very effective when he was in the game. But backup Devin Gardner stepped in and directed the offense. Gardner connected on two long TD passes to the number 1 wearing Roy Roundtree. But the story of the game was defense as Michigan knocked out the Ducks starting QB with a relentless and hard hitting rush. On the afternoon Michigan tallied 5 sacks with 12 knockdowns and 15 hits on the QB. CB JT Floyd had two pick six in the game. Next week Michigan takes on rival Notre Dame.

23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

FSU 19
    Louisville 3

Lackluster first effort. Fr Will Washington scored the lone Seminole TD.

24. GoGators

HA! Clemson, have they even won their conference yet???

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Damn, that's cold...