Season 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Season 3 Scores

Put all scores here.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Arizona 34
    Toledo 10

This one was a lot closer than the score indicates. Arizona took a long time to get into an offensive groove as they try to break in a new offense with the loss of several key players (4 out of the top 5 WRs, QB Foles, #1HB Antolin, all but 1 offensive lineman). True freshman QB Thomas Jack was able to shake off early nerves and turn in a fantastic debut. He finished with 220 yards passing and 3 TDs while rushing for 45 yards on 12 carries. Most importantly he did not turn the ball over. Unfortunately, starting HB Greg Nwoko fumbled twice, one of which led to Toledo's only TD. He is in danger of loosing his starting spot even though he surpassed 100 yards rushing on the day.

Other than Jack, the main story for the day was the performance of Arizona's defense. The front 7 is very solid and covered up for a less than spectacular secondary.

Hopefully the Wildcats can carry the momentum from the opening win forward and this year wont be as much of a rebuilding year as previously expected.

3. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Tulsa 13
    Virginia 27

Virginia was able to get out to a 20-0 first half lead. Toledo turned the ball over 3 times in the half enable the UVA offense to capitalize on the mistakes. The second half was a differant story. Toledo made some adjustments and put the brakes on Virginia's scoring. Toledo was able to score a pair of TD's in the 4th quarter to bring the game to within 7. Dominique Wallace was able to put the game away with 38 yard TD run with 1:37 left in the game.

key stats:

HB Dominique Wallace 29-146 2TD
    LB Tucker Windle 9 tackles
    CB Rijo Walker 9 tackles

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Illinois 45
    Kansas 31

Illinois came out to start the season with it's new air raid offense behind the arm of JR Nathan Scheelhaase. He has a very productive game going 30/49 for 510 yard and 4 TDs but also has 3 INTs but this is expected as the kinks need to be worked out of the offense. QB Scheelhaase hit NINE different WRs throughout the game with JR WR Aj Williams leading the pack with 8 Recs for 130 yards and 2 TDs. The offense looks able to put up huge numbers but needs to limit the mistakes by next week when they face Virginia at home.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Rutgers 42
    Iowa State 38

The Scarlet Knights escaped week win 1 with a nail-biting win, a very surprising outcome based on all the predictions. At one point in the second quarter, Rutgers were down 28-7. Tom Savage rallied the troops, and from that point on the offense finally started clicking and the Scarlet Knights managed to keep up and sustained their four point lead late in the game.

Team Leaders:

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Player ATT Comp Yards TD INT
    Tom Savage 27 17 340 4 0

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Player ATT Yards TD Long
    De Antwan Williams 23 162 1 80

Receiving
    Player Catches Yards TD Long
    Mark Harrison 5 205 4 62
    JJ Tartacoff 2 49 0 25
    Brandon Coleman 4 38 0 16

Defense
    Position Player Tackles Sacks INTs FF
    FS Khaseem Greene 10 0 0 0
    DE Michael Larrow 6 2 0 0
    DT Isaac Holmes 2 0 0 1

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Central Michigan 23
    Northwestern 17

Central Michigan upset the Wildcats 23-17 in overtime today. The Wildcat offense had a very slow start as Central Michigan jumped out to a 17-0 lead early in the second half. But, once the Wildcat offense awoke, the Chippeas had a tough time stopping Denard Robinson and his offensive mates. The Wildcats eventually got on the board with a 35 yard field midway through the first half, and then scored again on a 13 yard touchdown pass from Denard Robinson to Demetrius Fields. Then with less than thirty seconds to go Robinson hit TE John Plasencia to tie the game. Northwestern's coach thought about going for two and the win, but decided since we were at home, he would take his chances in overtime. This was a bad decision, because on the first play of overtime, RB Arby Fields fumbled the ball and it was recovered by Central Michigan. On Central Michigan's first possession, they were able to get a touchdown ending the game in glorious fashion.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State 42

Eastern Mich 17

The defense looked good but the offense, while putting up big points, looked awful. Even with 97 accuracy, Boistures receivers could not hold onto the ball. Caper fumbled on his first handoff and the special teams muffed several punts. Caper was pulled and Baker took over and became a monster gaining over 100 yards. 3rd string HB Spears was put in during the 4th and only succeded in fumbling. The fumbles scare me because it means we have no hands, could be a long season.

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

My receivers were really struggling to catch the ball too. I was spoiled with my 2 impact receivers last season.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

My receivers were really struggling to catch the ball too. I was spoiled with my 2 impact receivers last season.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

UCLA 27
    Colorado 10

The Bruins were able to control the majority of the game with running back Jordan Franklin and a solid performance from the defense. Franklin rushed for 181 yards and 2 touchdowns on 23 carries, and kept the chains moving in many key situations. After many poor performances from last year's defense, only allowing 10 points. The Buffaloes were able to gain decent yardage on the ground, but struggled when they were forced to throw the ball. Kevin Prince was also solid for the Bruins, but did not put up anywhere near the numbers he was putting up last season. He is still adjusting to the 3 new starters at receiver, and it showed with many drops and missed throws.

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I think I may be in the same boat. I had 2 last year as well and this year my WR's cant catch a cold.

12. Keller

Maryland & Louisville

[​IMG]

This one was ugly from the get-go. Maryland started off the game with two defensive TD's off of fumble recoveries and never looked back. Defensive Captain Senior MLB Avery Murray returned a fumble 61 yards to the house followed by fellow playmaker ROLB Demetrius Hartsfield's 39 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown. Maryland's other scoring drives came on an 84 yard catch and run by WR Brandon Edwards, a 7yard slant to WR Chase Brown and a 57yard (yes thats correct) field goal from Special Teams Captain and Senior Kicker Nick Ferrara. It was 31-3 at half.

Maryland continued its dominance, opening the 3rd quarter with a 21 yard touchdown on another fumble recovery by DT Ian Davidson. (I simmed the rest of the game, is that okay Masler?)

Maryland faces the 0-1 Connecticut Huskies next week.

13. gowazzucougs

Vanderbilt 28
    Northwestern 31

After disappointing the home crowd the week before Northwestern sought to make amends. The Wildcats jumped out early with CB Tim Weak intercepting a pass and taking it 69 yards for the opening score. After Vanderbilt responded with a touchdown of their own, QB Denard Robinson lead the Wildcats down the field hitting WR Drew Moulton for 9 yard touchdown. The Commodores responded with a field goal, and then right before the end of the half QB Denard Robinson pitched the ball to Jimmy Hall who ran it in for a 19 yard touchdown. In the second half saw more back and forth scoring between the two teams with Vanderbilt never being able to tie the game. Then with less than a minute thirty to go in the game, and Vanderbilt out of timeouts, disaster struck the Wildcats, as an option pitch was picked off and taken back for a touchdown. Then the Commodores were able to get the two point conversion. Luckily for the Wildcat faithfully Denard Robinson was able to find . . . for a big pass play which set up a the game winning field goal with seconds remaining.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Arizona get's their dicks kicked in: 44-21 against Texas Tech. The Zona defense could do absolutely nothing to stop the Texas Tech QB Doege in one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. At one point Doege had completed 28 of 29 passes. Arizona's offense never got going. Freshman QB had one of the worst performances in Arizona history going 10-37 with 1 TD and 3 INTs. He did have 76 yards rushing, but his inability to throw the ball cost Arizona. Senior QB Russ Oltorik will get the start next week against Stanford.

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]

Cardinal Top Boise State

A much close game than the score would indicate, Stanford moves to 2-0 after beating BSU 35-21. QB Andrew Luck (17-26, 265, 1 TD) played the steady hand as he continues to get used to his new receiving targets. Soph Preseason All American Rb Anthony Wilkerson (27-126, 4 TDs) did most of the damage late to ice the game and allow the Cardinal to look ahead at the huge game next week vs. Arizona. Last year, Arizona beat the cardinal and in turn took the Pac-10 crown.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Damn that sounds rough

17. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]

The Scarlet Knights traveled across the country to LA to play the #21 UCLA Bruins, but the defense was not feeling any jet lag. They shut out the UCLA offense the whole 1st quarter, while the Rutgers offense was moving the ball at ease behind the arm of senior QB Tom Savage and went up 14-0 going into the 2nd.

The second quarter did not get much better for the Bruins, as Rutgers hung up 21 more points on them, while only allowing 10. Going into the half the lead was 35-10, and it was too much of a deficit for the Bruins to climb out of in the second half as they go down 42-17.

Team Leaders:

Passing
    Player ATT Comp Yards TD INT
    Tom Savage 16 12 276 4 2

Rushing
    Player ATT Yards TD Long
    De Antwan Williams 24 229 2 97

Receiving
    Player Catches Yards TD Long
    Mark Harrison 3 93 1 53
    De Antwan Williams 2 32 1 27
    Brandon Coleman 5 122 2 30

Defense
    Position Player Tackles Sacks INTs FF
    FS Khaseem Greene 5 0 1 0
    DE Michael Larrow 1 1 0 0
    OLB Courtney Wilson 1 1 0 0
    DE Brian Jones 3 2 0 0

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State 63

Notre Dame 54

The Spartans pull off a huge victory in a shootout with the Irish. Neither team had a defense that could stop the other offense. Notre Dame was down with about 2 minutes left until their return man fumbled the ball giving Michigan State great field position, which they scored and took the lead. Joe Boisture had a great game with 447 yards of passing and 2 scores, he had two early INT's but was nearly flawless when the game was on the line. Larry Caper was Michigan States huge player today as he ran the ball 29 times for 192 yards and 5 touchdowns. The run game accumulated 7 total TDs and Baker contributed for 2, being a redzone back in this game. Two receivers went over 100 yards receiving. States defense had major trouble tackling this game as they literally slide off the ball carrier all game, this must be fixed or we will not see success.

State is 2-0 and travels out West to face the Wildcats Week 3.

Wire Highlights
    1) Boisture to Langford for a TD
    2) 30 yd TD run by Caper
    3) Key turning point in the game that later gave MSU the lead for good.

19. Keller

Connecticut @ Maryland (pvp)

[​IMG]

Maryland came out victorious in this one despite not converting a single 3rd down attempt. Both offense's had their ups and downs on Saturday and Coach K had this to say. "Look guys we won the game. Why is everyone acting like we lost? Sure we played poorly at times, but at times we played well you know what I mean? We made some plays when we had to. Am I happy? No, you're never satisfied otherwise you won't be successful in this business. We'll continue to work and get better, bottomline."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a team that is 2-0 on the season without the high expectations of last year. The good news is new quarterback Matthew McGloin looked efficient and accurate when he did throw, going 7 for 11 and 1 INT. Fortunately for him the Terrapins leaned heavily on their ground game on Saturday, rushing the ball 30 times for 170 yards. Gamebreaker Caleb Porzel finish with over 100 yards on 13 carries. The plan is to split carries 50-50 between Porzel and starter Gary Douglas but sources say that Porzel will continue to be eased into the starting role full time.

On defense the story was much of the same. Senior Captain MLB Avery Murray made plays all over the field on Saturday, including a crucial interception where he highpointed the football and stopped a threatening Husky offense that was trying to score just before the end of the half. The defense caused 3 turnovers including 2 forced fumbles.

Next week the Terps will face off against the hated Clemson Tigers who have played spoiler to the Terps season in recent years.

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Illinois 42
    Kent St 3

The Illini get back on track this week putting up 600 yards of offense and playing shutdown defense. Scheelhaase led the high flying offense going 24/33 for 493 YDs and 6 TDs. He did however throw 2 INTs and needs to learn to see the field a little better before we start facing those Big Ten defenses. QB Scheelhaase hit nine different wideouts with WR Ramsey leading the bunch with 134 YDs. Backups came in for the 4th to serve as mop up duty but did not score any more points. Illinois heads home next week for a HUGE matchup with the Miami Hurricanes who are currently ranked #3 in the nation.

21. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]

Rutgers 35
    Northwestern 17

The Scarlet Knights improve to 3-0 on the year, and managed to win comfortably against the Wildcats despite making a few mistakes. Williams had another great game, rushing for 182 yards and 2 TDs. The young defense was really impressive; they only gave up 10 points the whole game. Rutgers look forward to a bye week to rest up and prepare for some intense conference play.

22. gowazzucougs

Northwestern needs a faster defense, Northwestern played Rutgers tough for the first half and was even beating the Scarlett Knights in late in the first half, but the lack of speed on defense was a major problem the Wildcats could not overcome. However, there is a good chance of kickoff returns against Rutgers because the Scarlett Knights have no kicker, and I seriously doubt they has a punter based on what I saw.

23. fuzzyl0gic

Yes, it may the coaching mistake of the year. I have a K, but he is very shitty and thus a WR even has a stronger leg and accuracy. I overlooked getting a decent P/K last season, and it was too late by the time I realized I needed one. Really biting me in the ass every game! Going after a couple this season.

Rutgers FG range is limited to the 10 yard line and closer...and it's almost a sure bet the opposing team will get great field position on every kick-off.

24. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]

Hell of a game spartan...

Back and forth all day... he just wouldn't go away. some big blunders on both side nearly turned the game upside down. Thankfully, I get my revenge for last years derailing of a perfect season. Lotta games left though.

great game man.

25. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Wake Forest 38
    Virginia 35

Virginia came out and played poorly in front of the home crowd. We committed 4 first half turnovers. This lead to a halftime deficit of 24-7. Our defense was unable to get the Demon Decon offense off of the field. Their punter finally got to punt with 2 minutes left in the game. QB Michael Strauss was inserted at halftime to try to get something going. He played very well, almost pulling off the comeback. It came down to an onside kick with a minute left, but we just didnt get it done today.

I have had enough of watching Ross Metheny try to play the QB position. He played poorly last year, but had a couple of good games late. Michael Strauss will get his shot.